Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help stop unsolicited mail from NTL / UPC

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

koolkid wrote: »
    The hosting is set up. I am kinda busy also.
    Anyone want to make a start on it PM me.

I can setup the site but I don't know if I'd have time to maintain the content. The framework shouldn't take more than a day or three.

Oh, I'm by no means a graphics expert either.

Maybe WordPress or Joomla, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Great idea.

Better still, why not send all the mails to the residential address of one of the directors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I sent you a PM RangeR.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

My letters are back this week.:mad:
    Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Havent had one in ages.....I thought they might have got the message.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Mine have stopped. So I urge ye to talk to them on twitter and start the ball rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Day2

Well done guys. Is this still ongoing, I have a nice batch ready to go, if the 1st October is still a runner ??

They are on a role out my way as well.
    I have 4 or 5 now.
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭looksee

At least with 'the occupier' letters you can throw them in the recycling.

I get endless amounts of spam from Viking Office Supplies with my name and address printed on a catalogue inside a plastic envelope, so I have to rip off the plastic, then my name, before I can chuck it. I have asked them to stop sending them - not sure but I think I get about 1 a week - I have returned some, and I have closed the account. But still they come - with the account number on! Saving them up would be a good idea, I could put them in a parcel (maybe with a brick :D) and send it with no postage...

• Advertisement

At least with Viking must have registered an account at some stage.
    Can you not log in and change your address?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭looksee

At least with Viking must have registered an account at some stage.
    Can you not log in and change your address?

As I said, I have phoned them and cancelled my account, but it hasn't made any difference. I haven't bought anything other than one lot of paper for around 5 years, and I didn't buy all that much when I had an office.

I didn't think of changing it on-line, I'll give that a try. I would not mind an occasional brochure, but the rate they send them out is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheResident

They are on a role out my way as well.
    I have 4 or 5 now.
    Anyone else?
    I have 5 or 6. Are we still on for 1st October?

I have enough to send.
    Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

why the first of may next year ?
    tbh wrote: »
    Howdy chaps, hope it's ok to put this here.

I'm trying to get as many people as possible to hang on to any of those mails you get from NTL / UPC addressed to "The Resident" @ your address.

I've tried A LOT to get off their mailing list, with no luck. I'd say I get one letter a week, which normally goes into the green bin, unopened.

If, like me, you'd like to send two fingers to UPC, I would ask you to hold onto any of these letters, unopened, in the back of a drawer for the time being.

I'm then going to get as many people as possible to return them on the 1st of May next year.

To return them, all you have to do is write "not known at this address" on the letter and stick it back in the postbox.

It's very important that you do not pay for postage

I'd appreciate it if you think of it, and if you hear any of your mates or whatever complaining in the next six months, maybe you'd point them at this thread.

keep yourselves nice,
    tbh.

What will sending back them all do ?

It wont stop them from charging.

They are making to much money from it.

why the first of may next year ?
    That was May this year. The original post way 2009:)

so did it work ?

what happened ?

I signed up with there broadband but in my terms and conditions it states that I will no longer recieve letters in the post.

Im mad as hell and Im no goin to take it anymore but I can;t do anything about it.
    That was May this year. The original post way 2009:)

so did it work ?
    It doesn't seeem to have. I am still getting their junk mail.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

So did anyone contact them via twitter ( @weareupc as I suggested) ?

I did. My junk mails from UPc stopped within a month.

So why not try this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

Your address, according to the Data Protection Commissioner is not your own and how it is used is free to all and sundry. This is further complicated by a Company called "DATA IRELAND" which is a subsidiary of An POST who are pimping addresses from their address verification database to companies like SKY and UPC.

You can ring them on 01 8584800 and ask them to remove your address from their marketing DataBase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

UPC don't service my area, I'd love to get some unsolicited mail from them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Not sure if it was always there but I dont think so: The letter I got from them yesterday has 'if undelivered please return to PO Box 11279, Dublin 2' on the top corner.

Advertisement