Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Human Target (S1+2) [** Spoilers **]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Don't forget....!

Do you think it gets good ratings in Ireland and UK, Fox bring it back :p

Always meant to give this a go but never got around to it and when my Blu-Ray went missing I just never got around to replacing it or watching the show. Browsing through netflix and happened across it so figured what better time.

Only seen the first episode but I like what I see. It's a pretty generic and hardly original but there's an interesting set up and the cast are great. It has the look and feel of an 80s action thriller and you know what, sometimes all you want is a bit of throwaway nonsense. The action is fast, unrelenting and real but there's a nice comic book feel to it. Much like early Burn Notice you get the impression that this is going to be an adventure of the week but there's some dark undertones that hint at a something a bit more.

Watching episode 2 and I love the opening credits. Far too many shows have tone away with an opening preferring instead to just throw some white text over action. A good opening credit sequence can set the tone for a show and put you in the right frame of mind for what's to come. Sadly the art of the opening has became something of a dieing art and it's a damnable shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Seeing this pop back up, dem feels.. Loved this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

miralize wrote: »
    Seeing this pop back up, dem feels.. Loved this show.

Season 1 was great!...and the opening theme was superb, bizarrely...the new season 2 showrunner changed the theme tune! :eek:

He was deservedly gutted on the net for that....he even admitted in interviews he made a huge mistake!

:)

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Always meant to give this a go but never got around to it and when my Blu-Ray went missing I just never got around to replacing it or watching the show. Browsing through netflix and happened across it so figured what better time.

Only seen the first episode but I like what I see. It's a pretty generic and hardly original but there's an interesting set up and the cast are great. It has the look and feel of an 80s action thriller and you know what, sometimes all you want is a bit of throwaway nonsense. The action is fast, unrelenting and real but there's a nice comic book feel to it. Much like early Burn Notice you get the impression that this is going to be an adventure of the week but there's some dark undertones that hint at a something a bit more.

Season 1 had some excellent establishing backstory episodes, especially episode 8....they were building on something all season. Exploring Chance's backstory.

Then a new showrunner for season 2 and it was all thrown out the window :rolleyes: , they pretty much blew it up....but i guess Fox wanted changes due to ratings. Like alot of shows like this it belonged on cable :(

I would HIGHLY RECOMEND you watch Keen Eddie....also with Mark Valley. Brilliant show!.....like a tv version of Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The female regular cast additions in season 2 was a mistake imo, the female guest characters in season 1 worked well

Advertisement