Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going for grub in one hour..

Options
  • 26-11-2009 5:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is there anywhere as good value as Jimmy Chungs as i've been there a lot lately?
    Im not interested in Full House btw its just rubbish by comparison..anywhere you can gorge yourself for 15 euro or less,preferably all you can eat??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Thanks for all the help yas feckers..i went to jimmy Chungs :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Degsy wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help yas feckers..i went to jimmy Chungs :D

i have no idea who or why you would eat in the horrible place

but there is an all you can eat in the Epicurian Centre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

irishbird wrote: »

Plenty of boiled-up slop eh?
    No thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Degsy wrote: »
    Plenty of boiled-up slop eh?
    No thanks!

The Indian in there is actually quite nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

fatal wrote: »
    The Indian in there is actually quite nice

is that the one beside istanbul? ive been meaning to try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I hope you're not referring to brother buffet in the corner. Its absolutely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

:eek: How dare you!?
    Jimmys rocks! mmmmm And I'm not just saying that because I have the same name :D

I heard the Indian buffet where the strip club garden of eden was is supposed to be tasty but I don't know yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

is that the one beside istanbul? ive been meaning to try it

Yea,between the Italian and Turkish place

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Manila cafe just beside easons do all you can eat for a tenner or so, you'll often find have half crabs and stuff like that on the buffet. Depends on if Filipino is your thing but I'm quite partial to it. Theres another Filipino place around the corner on capel street that does an all you can eat buffet too.

On a tangent gertrudes in temple bar do pizza or pasta for a fiver on weekdays during certain hours (after lunch and before 6 I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I went to that Epicurian Foodhall before and I wasn't impressed, to be honest.
    The place was filthy so I wanted to get out before I'd even tasted any food...

There's meant to be a nice Mongolian bbq place in town somewhere that's all you can eat too...
    Not sure where it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I went to that Epicurian Foodhall before and I wasn't impressed, to be honest.
    The place was filthy so I wanted to get out before I'd even tasted any food...

There's meant to be a nice Mongolian bbq place in town somewhere that's all you can eat too...
    Not sure where it is!
    Haven't been in years but my recollection isn't great. Unless it's changed, you pick all your ingredients, meat, veg, spices etc and they stirfry it for you. Great if you know what you're doing but most def hit or miss for most people.

Is Ho Sen beside the Mongolian BBQ still open? They have/used to have a noodle menu for around €10 from 5pm-7pm. Delish!

Also, supposed to be a good Thai restaurant on lane at Busaras luas stop. Haven't been yet but lots of friends rave about it. Supposed to be cheap and tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Also, supposed to be a good Thai restaurant on lane at Busaras luas stop. Haven't been yet but lots of friends rave about it. Supposed to be cheap and tasty.

Thai Spice
    It rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The Epicurean Food hall is what it is, no pretenses, it's cheap, and the food reflects it. A lot of the places concentrate on quantity. Mind you, the Turkish place does a mean donar with rice. Never seen it dirty, I have seen used plates left around when it's busy and the staff don't get a chance to collect in a hurry. I have never got sick from eating there either.

Mongolian BBQ isn't great, it's a novelty, but the food isn't amazing. Ho Sen is lovely.

Advertisement