Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being ignored by SPCA & Gardai - what to do now?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

puppy cat wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone that gave helpful responses. I'll try to keep you updated with what happens.

Having said that, there a few replies that went completely off topic as far as I'm concerned, so I'm in two minds about giving any sort of reply to be honest.

Mods, maybe this thread should be locked as it seems to be getting a bit too arguementative for my liking. I was just looking for some advice, not an arguement.

I thought that this thread has been pretty civilised considering that it is an emotive topic. Discussion is good & achieves little if we are all contributing from the same viewpoint. I have vehemently disagreed with some posts here but I still welcome them.

I do find it worrying that anyone would be put off coming here for Animal Welfare advice. I believe that there are clear cut answers in that cruelty/neglect is a criminal offence & the Guards are responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Micamaca

Well here is some sort of update on the worsening situation for horses in Ireland, thanks to the Indo.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/horses-left-to-die-as-equine-crisis-deepens-1968118.html

I think if we could just get Smithfield Market shut down, it would be a start. At the moment we are condoning the selling of horses to children. I can't see situations for horses improving till this market is gone. It's an utter disgrace.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/289061.html

But until they give animals a vote, there will never be any justice for our many-legged friends. The DSPCA have been trying to get it closed down for years, but you see, it's tradition so we have to hold onto it, even if animals are suffering. Tradition is more important. Makes you proud, doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

As EGAR said way back.....contact the Det of Ag.... they will pass the query on to their vet who will deal with any livestock situation very fast indeed.

Email is fine to do that.. we have done that several times.

Advertisement