Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bike fit in cork

• 26-11-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anyone who does a bike fit in Cork,or even somewhere in Munster.Seems if all bike fits are in Dublin,to far to travel with the bike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Give The Edge on North Main street a shout. Its the tri shop across the road from those big tracksuit 'sports' shops.
    I think you get your money back if you buy a bike off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Charlie Stick

This guy?

UnderwaterBicycle.jpg

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭templer27

I have a bike already just need some fine tuning,cleat position saddle height and fore and aft position.Small things not sure if the edge would do a bike fit if I was not buying a bike there.I will give them a call tomorrow see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭full gas

the edge aint going to help ya there jerry dywer is the man your looking for he is or was involved with the st finbarrs club down there if ya know any of the racing cyclist around there they should be able to point you in his direction , his a physical therapist works around douglas st , got a bike fit from him 2 years ago have not looked back since

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

@templer27 - sent you a PM with gerry's contact details.

I agree with previous post - great service and all round nice guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭templer27

Thanks full gas and ajk24,I worry that the bike I got is slightly too small.Some say its fine others its to small.Badly need a expert so I must give Mr Dwyer a call.I think the bike is justabout ok,but a have this nagging feeling in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Would be interested in that myself, ajk24 could you send on contact details, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rusty1972

ajk24 wrote: »
    @templer27 - sent you a PM with gerry's contact details.

I agree with previous post - great service and all round nice guy

AJK24 - would you mind sending me his contact details also please - really need to get a fitting. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Glasscrank

Cycling Pursuits in Patrickswell have the Body Scanning System for Bike Fitting in their store. Excellent system, sets up your position according to your body dimensions and your riding style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

where the nearest place to wexford to get a bike fitted ,i dont fancie the traffic of dublin BTW .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

rusty1972 wrote: »
    AJK24 - would you mind sending me his contact details also please - really need to get a fitting. thanks.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me the details as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭damo80

Glasscrank wrote: »
    Cycling Pursuits in Patrickswell have the Body Scanning System for Bike Fitting in their store. Excellent system, sets up your position according to your body dimensions and your riding style.

have you or anyone used this service? would you recommend it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

You should also try Noel Holmes in West End Cycles (021)4873804, Ballincollig, Co. Cork for the bike fitting.
    http://westendcycles.goldenpages.ie/
    IMO Noel really knows his stuff about bikes, doing a proper fitting for you would be no bother.
    I remember the day he opened the shop about 20 years ago. He still goes out of his way to help to help people out & steer them in the right direction even if it means him losing potentially business. Yes he does a lot of run of the mill bikes but knows the high end stuff well too.
    Judging by the trophy collection in the attic in the shop (it was nearly 20 years ago since I saw them) I'd say he knew how to move on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Okay, stupid question - what's a bike fit? I'm guessing it's some kind of professional tailoring & adjustments to a bike for an individual

Advertisement