Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forecasting with econometric models

• 26-11-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

My econometrics is pretty rusty, I'm just wondering if anyone has a rough model of how exactly the banks and stockbrokers that do economic forecasts and analysis of the budget actually use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

My econometrics is pretty rusty, I'm just wondering if anyone has a rough model of how exactly the banks and stockbrokers that do economic forecasts and analysis of the budget actually use?

They have a variety of approaches. They'll have simple time-series models for technical analysis; they'll have studied cross-sectional point estimates but from what I know, for the most part, they use relatively large structural DSGE-type models.

Advertisement