Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiscali to close down..

Options
  • 26-11-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭

Another blow for jobs in Sligo.

Staff got the news just after lunch today that they're closing.

Tiscali employees can correct me if I'm wrong (I know there's 1 or 2 of them on here) but TalkTalk took over who have a call center in Waterford so I'm guessing they're keeping that one open.

170 jobs gone! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

basquille wrote: »

Tiscali employees can correct me if I'm wrong (I know there's 1 or 2 of them on here) but TalkTalk took over who have a call center in Waterford so I'm guessing they're keeping that one open.

terrible news. I have a few friends out there. gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

basquille wrote: »

Yeah the Waterford centre is safe, 800 jobs there. Sickener for sligo though, bad news all around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Heard the news this evening lads, awful sad
    Only thing is atleast they won't be gone till May 2010 but thats not much of a consolation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Awful news. At least they have a few months notice though, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Whoa

I am so sad to hear that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Wow, really not looking good in this or any county in this country. It will be both an interesting and telling few months ahead. All those people paying in to the tax system for years and now with the budget they will cut social welfare just when these recently unemployed need it. Certainly unique times in modern Ireland!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

very bad news indeed, if there is any consolation from it at least it's not before Christmas. This country is gone down the drain alright, our government TD's threaten rebellion with a change to the drink driving laws and remain silent while the good men and women of this country are **** on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

*post deleted at request of user*

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

Sorry for all the people losing their jobs......

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Big Mac. Good luck. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

sorry to hear, we're still waiting on word on when stiefel will wind down operations, we wont know untill march at the earliest

Best of luck Gino. It's awful. Keep the chin up.

Big Mac, they haven't gotten around to de-modding me yet and I say cuss away.

*post deleted at request of user*

Absolutely know where you're coming from, man.

Coming up to the one year anniversary of my blindsiding. Tomorrow, in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

its awful to see further job losses in the region.Maybe now the TD's will get off their asses and do something.

In other news, Talk Talk, the parent Company of Tiscali and AOL have announced 60 new jobs in waterford.

Link

Jesus. Deep breaths Big Mac.

Talk about sticking the knife in.

• Advertisement

Thanks T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

did I hear someone say something about TDs will have to get into gear etc. ? Im sorry to have to say, but TDs cannot do a thing about what is happening on the jobs front in Ireland today... zilch, zip, nada.... what they can do, (and what they have always done) is to keep an eye on the breaking news, and watch for new jobs announcements, and drive like the clappers to get there in time for the photo shoot in time for the papers... thats what the TDs will do.
    Where were they last week when George Hook was coming live from Sligo? Newstalk tried to contact 11 councillors including the mayor to come on the show and not one of them made themselves available, spinelsss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Advertisement