Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did the Nokia n97 come unlocked from O2?

• 26-11-2009 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just to start, this isn't a how to unlock thread! I just want to know is anyone out there with a Nokia N97 from O2. Is it locked? I am trying to get my unlocked but from speaking to some people they said there wasn't when they bought it. Mine is as it won't accept a Vodafone or Meteor SIM.

Thanks,

ironclaw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Early ones were unlocked. That all you wanted to know?
    You need to ask o2 for the code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Davy wrote: »
    Early ones were unlocked. That all you wanted to know?
    You need to ask o2 for the code

Yeap, thats all I needed to know. I wasn't sure if the phone was actually an O2 model. I got it unlocked so all is well now.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

ironclaw wrote: »
    Yeap, thats all I needed to know. I wasn't sure if the phone was actually an O2 model. I got it unlocked so all is well now.

Thanks!

I got one of the first phones from O2, first day it was out. Got it in the O2 store on Grafton St. and mine "is" locked to the O2 network, so its not a case of all the early ones were unlocked. I think you just have to be lucky.

Advertisement