Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU law on Maximum price for text messages to other countries?

• 26-11-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Was this not set at 13 cent? yet Meteor are currently charging 25, does anyone know anything?. I'm sure such a law was to take affect around June of this year.

Comments

I remember vaguely hearing about a maximum charge that was supposed to have been brought in (there was also supposed to be WAP charges set up too, i believe?).

Never heard of an actual price or it being implemented though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That's the charge whilst roaming. There is no max charge for sending int texts from home country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

efb wrote: »
    That's the charge whilst roaming. There is no max charge for sending int texts from home country

If I remember correctly in some cases it is cheaper to text while roaming than on your home network in your home country! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Vodafone and o2 offer international webtexts, handy option to have, and using cabbage with it, makes it easier when on the move.

Advertisement