Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Villa v Spurs

Options
  • 26-11-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

Alright lads, massive game for us. Win and we cement ourselves as serious top 4 challengers, draw and we don't look too bad, lose and the win against Wigan doesn't mean much. Villa are one of our biggest challengers and it's very important for us to maintain momentum and stay ahead of City & Villa. Also, Arsenal have Chelsea so we could move 3 ahead of them.

How do you think the game will go?

What do you reckon the result will be? 21 votes

Villa Win
    0% 0 votes
    Draw
    23% 5 votes
    Spurs Win
    76% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Villa are very decent, not doubt about that. I think we will score, but I think they will too :D , Id go with a 2-2 draw.

Hope im wrong obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

avoiding defeat here is so important,we have a chance with the form of Lennon and Defoe but i will be happy with a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

fancy us to win by the odd goal in 3!

(2-1 if you cant work that out!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

We rally need to be solid. Our record against Villa isnt bad though. Im much more confident with Palacios in the side.Id be happy with a draw as I think Young could have a field day against Corluka. That said we are a threat going forward after our lucky nine goals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

For a change I'm going against my pessimistic nature and going for a good away win.

JD and Lennon are on fire at the moment and I reckon Villa will not be able to handle them.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Head = Villa 1 Spurs 1
    Heart = Villa 1 Spurs 2

What ever happens, I think it's gonna be a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It's going to be a big come down from last week if we lose this one,but we shouldn't lose it,we're every bit as good if not better than Villa imo.a 2-1 win would be just great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd go for 2-2 or maybe 3-2 to us. I'd pick two goals from midfield and Robbie to play a stormer off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Big game for us. I reckon a lot hinges on the first goal here. The Villa fans are very quick to turn on their own if things are'nt going their way. Their home record over the last 6-9 months isn't as good as it should be and I think they perform much better away from home. If we nick the first goal we've a great chance. I think it will finish 1-1 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Head = Villa 1 Spurs 1
    Heart = Villa 1 Spurs 2

What ever happens, I think it's gonna be a cracking game.

my sentiments exactly.

lets hope lennon and defoe destroy them and gomes has a good game cause I think he will be kept busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

We had our win at Villa Park earlier this year, we will not win there 2 times in a row.

2-1 to home team, lucky set pieces with Spurs playing all the football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

from the coys forum

"Modric said that he is now fully fit and hoping to "get a few minutes" on Saturday."

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Aston Villa 1 Spurs 6
    I have seen what we are capable of. Seriously, I would be happy with a draw out of this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Warnock is a much better full back then edman and lennon won't be afforded as much space so i'm hoping we nick this 2-1 but i'm really hoping for a clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    from the coys forum

"Modric said that he is now fully fit and hoping to "get a few minutes" on Saturday."

I think he only trained with the kids this morning, so id say it will be another week or so before we see him.

Good news that we have a player of modrics class to come back in though. Im very apprehensive about this game to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So we can finish the day in second if results where to go our way i.e portsmouth to beat united and of course we win. Be a nice day if it happens
    COYS

Be a great day for me put a couple of yo yo on Portsmouth to beat United. Long shot I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Off to Villa Park today.

Jingle bells Jingle bells,
    jingle all the way,
    oh what fun it is to see,
    Tottenham win away :)

Enjoy. I hope there's not a claret and blue stanchion in your way:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Off to Villa Park today.

jingle all the way,
    Nice one, I hope you get to sing that!!

All my instincts tell me that we'll play nice football but Villa score a couple from a corner and a scramble from a long high ball knocked down by Heskey!

However going with my heart & being positive, we go out there and play them off the park and they can't handle it. 3-1 Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Off to Villa Park today.

jingle all the way,

If you didn't know already, the Irish villa supporters club are going over, so there'll be 50 irish in the holte end, sure to make a bit of noise. I'm leaving now in a few, going on the 1.10 aer lingus flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

It'll be very difficult. I'd say 1-1 or 2-1.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

el diablo wrote: »
    It'll be very difficult. I'd say 1-1 or 2-1.

1,d take a draw now.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

I'd take a score draw but just have this funny feeling that we're gonna nick it 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

yiddo wrote: »
    1,d take a draw now.
    Me too. Hope we're not in for a disappointment after last week's performance. I'm just being realistic. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Come on lads bit of positivity. We will take a draw but a win will really set down a marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anyone got a sopcast for this?

Not sopcast but http://atdhe.net/10616/watch-aston-villa-vs-tottenham

How are we not level with that chance for Crouch. COYS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

very bad early start butcame good later on.

big second half needed.

come on tottenham

Advertisement