Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Villa v Spurs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Have the linesmen gotten one call right tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Great goal. That was really coming. But why take off Kranjcar

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

WHL wrote: »
    Great goal. That was really coming. But why take off Kranjcar

He went to the line when Sidwell came on, looked like he wanted to pass some info on to the bench (I'd imagine he'd taken a knock).

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Good result and good performance from the lads. Better side. We will do them at the lane too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

We absolutely murdered them, the most 1-sided draw i've ever seen! We really do look like a team. But for that scrappy set-piece goal i think we would have won comfortably. If Villa are supposed to be rivals for the Top 4 place, they are 'aving a larf!!'

I'm really happy with our form, team & squad. I really think we are going places, i hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I agree, Krancjar was doing a Huddlestone better than Huddlestone. Will take the point, hopefully Chelsea destroy Arsenal tomorrow. This battle will be tough but with RVP out and Modric coming back, I reckon we could even challenge for 3rd.

Villa packed the box and had some absolute heroes in defence. 1st half was scrappy, I think some players just need to get a bit more consistency, players like Thud, Wilson and Corluka. We know they can play but some weeks they don't even look like they can make a pass. Also, is our bench looking somewhat soft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

He went to the line when Sidwell came on, looked like he wanted to pass some info on to the bench (I'd imagine he'd taken a knock).
    Fair result???!!! Jaysus man, we had SEVENTEEN shots on target to their FOUR!!!
    We murdered them!! All Villa did was pack their defence and try & work as hard as they could to stop US playing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fair result???!!! Jaysus man, we had SEVENTEEN shots on target to their FOUR!!!
    We murdered them!! All Villa did was pack their defence and try & work as hard as they could to stop US playing!
    Who said it was a fair result?

Good point for us, though i would obviously have preffered a win. Good to see that we can raise our game when we need to, and get a well earned point.

Could and should have won that game and we would have opened a real gap on Villa and City in fifth if we had. If we can get something from the Everton game, we should be able to pick up points in the remaining games in December. The future is bright, the future is white!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Really played well in the second half. Were by far and away the better side and at least we keep the 3 point gap above villa. Our next 6 fixtures are all games we can win so hopefully we can stay where we are:) Thought Krancjar had an excellent game today. I'm just thinking where will Modric fit in when he is back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Kranjcar was brilliant we where well worth the point could of taken all 3 easily

I think that it is a real positive that players like Modric, Keane and King will have to sit on the bench and fight their way back onto the team instead of automatically re-gaining their place. Saying that, I would still like to see Kranjcar given a go in the centre of midfield beside Palacios. This would make room for Luka on the left. The Mau U game would be a great opprotunity for this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lennon---Kranjcar---Palacios---Modric
    Line up like that in the center would be awful attacking would love to see it tho kranjcar's great at driving forward on the ball and has a good pass aswell would bring a different dimension to the team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Happy enough with that draw, but more importantly the performance and our resiliance and determination away from home. Coming from a goal behind to draw and almost win against Villa in their ground is great, though from what I've read the Villa fans aren't happy with MON's tactics as he was quite negative. Everton next in the league, though hopefully Pool and Arsenal lose today to keep them behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Delighted with the performance. I thought Hudd was superb. Deserved 3 points but prob would have taken the draw beforehand. Onwards and upwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yesterday in my opinion was one of the best performances i have seen of our team. its as simple as this , we went to villa park and murdered them. we played them off the pitch in their own back yard. villa have beaten chelsea dont forget.

michael dawson was unreal yesterday, not only was he top class at the back, he scored and actually should have scored two. i think he has to keep his place now alongside bassong. these guys are the cb's of the future.

dont think palacioius should have been taken off, he was playing well but jenas did very well when he came on.lennon was marked out of it as was defoe but defoe still made chances

people need to stand up and take note of us now

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

First time im really thinking champions league position is a REAL possibility. As Spurs fans we are used to the ebbing and flowing of form, but the way we are 1 touch passing the ball around the pitch at the mo, and taking chances we really are looking like a top 4 team. Watch the match highlights and it is almost all Spurs.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

in credit to villa they defended really well.

we dominated the game make no mistake and i think if we scored earlier we would have went on to win the game.

lennon n defoe were marked outta the game as said earlier. i thought palacios poor by his standards and ws quite happy to see jenas come on.

kranjcar was outstanding. really was. sale of the century gettin him so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Absolute great result against one of our nearest contenders away from home! Fantastic!!!
    Onward and upward!
    Keep on pickin up the points! 3 points next week and consistency will be great!

Not to mention, cannot wait to have modric back!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I thought our performance was very good and that we deserved more than the point.

I think Palacios was replaced with Jenas purely for attacking reasons. We were completely dominating Villa in their own half and I suspect Harry decided to just go for it.

Man of the match had to be Friedel for Villa. He earned them a point. Another day we could have scored 4 or 5.

Just need to concentrate a bit more when defending set pieces.

• Advertisement
Advertisement