Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping "TRINITY RMS" Texts

Options
  • 26-11-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm getting these texts from "TRINITY RMS" advertising offers etc (no they're not taking out credit etc just sending me ad junk)... Latest one was today "Xmas days after party 2nite €5 with text!"...

I never been in the Trinity Rooms in Limerick, let alone signed up to some text service from them.

I did call my mobile provider but there's nothing they can do since these texts aren't taking credit out of my account. They can't even identify the number behind "TRINITY RMS".

I'm going to call the Trinity Rooms about this, but I got an awful feeling they're going to be clueless about what i'm talking about.

Any ideas on how to get these texts to stop? (nothing on my phone will do that).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Reply with STOP

If they continue report them to your operator as unwanted communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Jumpy wrote:
    Reply with STOP
    Thats the thing there's no reply option for these texts which is why I was asking my operator (Vodafone) for the number but they can't do anything not even tell me the number...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just call or e-mail trininty rooms and ask to be taken off their mailing/text list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Berty wrote: »
    Just call or e-mail trininty rooms and ask to be taken off their mailing/text list.

The OP shouldn't have to. If they didn't sign up I'd report them directly to the Data Protection crowd......if there's one thing I detest it's people using personal/private technology for their own marketing ends.

The amount of times I've seen this with fax numbers and email addresses!

There's always a chance, I suppose, that someone signed up using the wrong number, or a friend gave them your number.....

But they're OBLIGED to offer a "STOP" facility by law, AFAIK. Unless there's a loophole that's there because they're not costing you, but I don't think there is.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    The OP shouldn't have to. If they didn't sign up I'd report them directly to the Data Protection crowd......if there's one thing I detest it's people using personal/private technology for their own marketing ends.

Try the Crescent shopping centre and bluetooth. Every 5 seconds I get a beep asking me to accept the connection to the centre.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

All text messages should have instructions on how to stip them. something like to opt out text STOP to XXXXX

If the message does not have this then it is in breach of the Data Protection Act.

Have received them from Russels and I have never set foot in the door.

Alright I'm using the contact details on their website: http://www.trinityrooms.ie/

Alright no one is answering the phone, tried a few different times during the evening.
    Just shot off a polite e-mail asking them to stop. Wondering if anyone there will even read it.

In case your wondering my number is not directory listed and isn't signed up to any kind of marketting via Vodafone (verified).

Guess for now I can only hope that they'll read that e-mail and be good...

Otherwise I got a sinking feeling this will be an excercise in frustration as RegTel only deals with PRS messages and the only thing I can say to the Data Protection people is that I'm getting texts from "TRINITY RMS" (since Vodafone can't / won't provide the number and I don't have an option to reply to it) and using simple logic know it is the Trinity Rooms since the texts are keeping up with their website updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 trinityrooms2

Hi Champ.
    We were made aware of this post on boards.ie and have sent you a message to your private mail there.
    Very sorry for any inconvenience.
    We collect permission based emails in the club each night for membership purposes and must have taken your number down by mistake.
    My sincere apologies and i will have you removed immediately.
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Joe

What network/system/software is used to send these messages. They do not come with a telephone number. How is this done. Trinity Rooms is not the only establishment that uses this system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

Berty wrote: »
    Try the Crescent shopping centre and bluetooth. Every 5 seconds I get a beep asking me to accept the connection to the centre.

:mad:

never get any of these on iphone, even with bluetooth on. Discrimation i tells ya!

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    never get any of these on iphone, even with bluetooth on. Discrimation i tells ya!

After buying the iPhone they know you have no money left so they don't bother with you! :p

phill106 wrote: »

Default is being discoverable only when searching no?

It probably cant see you.

Joe

What network/system/software is used to send these messages. They do not come with a telephone number. How is this done. Trinity Rooms is not the only establishment that uses this system.

My dentist has it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Not sure is that trinityrooms writing bach there because they have an account on boards already seen them post a few times

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=49298

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Sorry if im wrong trinity rooms i just remember that other account posting before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

wait for it... SPAM filters for Mobile Phones just €5 pm :mad:

Hi Joe,
    Thanks, I appreciate your prompt response in attending to the matter.

Mistakes do happen and your taking care of it before it turns into more than minor grief so no hard feelings on this side. I accept your apologies and wish good success for the Trinity Rooms.

For other posters wondering, I can indeed confirm that this Trinity Rooms account is authentic since Joe has also replied to the mail I sent to their offical email.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got a text this morning with an "opt out" number at the end of it. 085-1923597*

(* to the Mods, I know phone numbers aren't supposed to be posted here, but I thought it might be useful in this case. Apologies if I'm wrong about this)

Advertisement