Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains under sink

Options
  • 26-11-2009 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All,
    mains valve under sink cannot be closed fully ( red radial knob type ). Pain in the ass if you're doing some work. Any ideas to get valve closed fully? if a plumber were to change it would he need to shut off mains outside the drive? there are 2 outside my house, are both mine ? or if only one, how do i know its mine apart from trial and error?
    rgds
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ya you will just have to replace it . Do youself a favour and replace it with lever handled valve , much more reliable by a long way .
    As for turning off the stopcock outside if there are two next to each other trial and error is the only way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its a handy job once the stop cock outside is in working order. They are generally positioned directly outside, the second is your neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Springsteen

Thanks a mill for the replies. Lever handle valves are far superior alright.
    Cheers,
    S

Advertisement