Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question regarding CSPE

• 26-11-2009 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I am a tutor for a pupil that has been expelled from school. His parents just really want him to get through the junior cert and for that to happen he has to sit 5 subjects. Anyway 4 of the subjects i am doing with the pupil are English, History, Geography and Maths. The two choices for the 5th were CSPE and Religion. The pupil in question really didn't want to do religion. Anyway i am preparing the pupil for the CSPE exam but i know that the written exam is worth only 40%. I know little to nothing about the action project. Could any CSPE teacher please help me out. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Not that much to it really...key word is "ACTION" ...its NOT an info gathering type project....He could simply collect money for charity etc and just write it up...You will need to get a particular 'booklet' for him ...goes into a (blue) twin sided envelope to be combined with 'written''exam' paper...Getting that arranged could be tricky...where is he sitting the exams (old school?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Does he not have to do irish?

Go to www.education.ie and on the left click 'curriculum, syllabus' , then underneath 'junior cert'.

The list of subjects comes up and under CSPE you see the link for the action project guidelines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

He is exempt from Irish as far as I know. I don't know where he is taking his exam. I doubt the principal would have him in the school for it considering what he went through to get the boy expelled. I think I might have to get in contact with his old CSPE teacher from his school to try and arrange something.

Advertisement