Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i explaine Airsoft in French???

Options
  • 26-11-2009 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

I am doing my Leaving Cert this year and i want to impress in the French oral on my hobbies. Can anyone help with how i could explain airsoft in french. I have looked all over the web and no luck and the translation tools do not recognise many terms that i need to try explain and to be honest my teacher hasnt a clue and is fairly old fashioned. Would anybody be able to help???

(sorry if im in the wrony page to post this was unsure where to put it)

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Someone here may be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I did the Leaving Cert last year, and just a small word of advice with the Oral Exams:
    Don't bring anything unusual into 'em...the examiner sits through endless streams of the same spiel, so if something unusual pops up they'll latch onto it, which means you could get stuck in a hole. You're better off just staying pretty basic, unless you're fairly fluent. Apologies for off topic post, just felt it was relevant to the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

I am doing my Leaving Cert this year and i want to impress in the French oral on my hobbies. Can anyone help with how i could explain airsoft in french. I have looked all over the web and no luck and the translation tools do not recognise many terms that i need to try explain and to be honest my teacher hasnt a clue and is fairly old fashioned. Would anybody be able to help???

Thanks everyone

Qu'est-ce que Airsoft?

A l'origine, Airsoft désigne les répliques d’armes (airsoft gun) propulsant par gaz ou air comprimé des billes de 6 mm ou 8 mm en plastique dur ou en métal variant de 0,12 g à 0,43 g, en rafales ou au coup par coup. À l'origine conçu pour le tir sur cible ou la collection, les fans de ce sport l'ont transformé en une activité ludique opposant en général deux équipes dont les joueurs sont munis d'un masque ou de lunettes de protection (obligatoires) et d’une ou plusieurs répliques. Le jeu repose uniquement sur le fair-play. Il existe de nombreux types de scénarios pratiqués couramment comme la capture de drapeau, le deathmatch en équipe ou encore la protection de VIP.

Contrairement aux idées reçues, les lanceurs de type airsoft développent une moins forte puissance que les lanceurs de paintball grâce à la faible masse des billes. Les deux activités ont généralement un but ludique, cependant marquée par une approche de réalisme militaire généralement plus poussée pour l'airsoft, une impression que la grande majorité des joueurs de paintball ne veulent pas donner. La différence réside surtout dans les tenues vestimentaires camouflées que portent les airsofteurs et dans les lieux de jeu. Le paintball se pratique habituellement sur des terrains de sport équipés d'obstacles gonflables, l'airsoft se pratique sur des terrains privés de type naturel ou urbain. On notera qu'un certain pourcentage d'équipes, tant en Belgique qu'en France, axent plus leurs parties sur les aspects "jeu de rôle" de l'airsoft que sur l'aspect "MILSIM" (simulation militaire) bien que beaucoup d'associations ou équipe demande un treillis spécifique pour pouvoir jouer avec eux avec des répliques spéciales ( américaine par exemple). Une grande variété de styles est ainsi permise par les scénarios sur lesquels sont basés les séances de jeu.

What is Airsoft,

Originally designated Airsoft replica weapons (airsoft gun) powered by compressed gas or air balls of 6 mm or 8 mm hard plastic or metal ranging from 0.12 g to 0.43 g, gusty or piecemeal. Originally designed for target shooting or collection, fans of the sport have transformed into a recreational activity generally between two teams whose players are fitted with a mask or goggles (mandatory) and one or more replicas. The game is based only on fair-play. There are many types of scenarios commonly practiced as the capture flag, team deathmatch and the protection of VIPs.

Contrary to popular belief, the type of launcher airsoft develop a weaker power than paintball launchers with low weight balls. Both activities usually have to play, however, marked by a realistic approach to military generally push for airsoft, an impression that the vast majority of paintball players do not want to give. The difference lies in the camouflage uniforms worn by airsofteurs and places of play Paintball is usually carried on playing fields equipped with inflatable obstacles, the airsoft takes place on private land type natural or urban . Note that a certain percentage of teams, both in Belgium and France, are focusing more on parts aspects "role play" of airsoft on the aspect MILSIM "(military simulation) although many associations or team requests a special mesh to play with them with replicas special (eg U.S.). A wide variety of styles and is permitted by the scenarios which are based on the sessions of play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Thanks everyone

Try here: http://www.airsofteur.com/content/guide-de-lairsoft

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Inari wrote: »
    I did the Leaving Cert last year, and just a small word of advice with the Oral Exams:
    Don't bring anything unusual into 'em...the examiner sits through endless streams of the same spiel, so if something unusual pops up they'll latch onto it, which means you could get stuck in a hole. You're better off just staying pretty basic, unless you're fairly fluent. Apologies for off topic post, just felt it was relevant to the poster.

Dont worry about that i know what they are like thanks for the concern.

To the rest, thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

"This game is not for Thierry Henry"

Examiner gets the point, win all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭joekickass345

i would say something related to french and world war two but naaa
    (:
    good luck tho
    i have to explain it in german><

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

i would say something related to french and world war two but naaa
    (:
    good luck tho
    i have to explain it in german><

So is my friend but in Dutch. He is fluent the ba****d an easy 100 points:mad:

To everyone else thanks for the help

Advertisement