Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Intercity Rail Timetable

Options
  • 26-11-2009 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I assume most of ye noticed this in the Galway Advertiser today, on the advert it has Dublin-Galway €10 but when I went to book it it was charging me €37.50

Any ideas why? :s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Only certain trains(at particular times) qualify for the €10 fare:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Yeah, it's usually the middle of the day ones from Galway, less from Dublin but the last one of the day is a tenner I think.
    Just hit 'check price' and try a few of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Bah, too much hassle, booked my Citylink for €2 return!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

inisboffin wrote: »
    Yeah, it's usually the middle of the day ones from Galway, less from Dublin but the last one of the day is a tenner I think.
    Just hit 'check price' and try a few of the times.
    For some reason, hitting the "check price" button a couple of times can change things favourable. I booked a return trip to Dublin today and got it from €15/€15 to €15/€10. That's on the 3 o'clock tomorrow, coming back at 7pm Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Only certain trains(at particular times) qualify for the €10 fare:)

they jack up the price by about 4 euro at the weekend

• Advertisement
Advertisement