Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomcat JDBC Error??

Options
  • 26-11-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Any ideas with the below error is occuring, can't figure it out at all?
    org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
    at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1150)
    at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Ziycon wrote: »
    Any ideas with the below error is occuring, can't figure it out at all?

If I understand the first line correctly you're trying to establish a null connection, not a connection to a database, are your connect command inputs correct?
    The 2 other lines should point you towards problem points in your code where the issue has cropped up, it may be that one of them is the source of the exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

This is the connection string being used:
    jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/db1?jdbcCompliantTruncation=false&zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull&characterEncoding=utf-8&mysqlEncoding=utf8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I assume you have the database 'db1' and your mysql program active/running on the machine?
    Probably a stupid question but I'm afraid I'm not familiar with JDBC so my usefulness to you is rather limited.

Yup database exists and mysql is running fine. Thanks anyway for your help.

Ah, found the full stacktrace:
    [HTML]org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
    at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1150)
    at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:993)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4149)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4458)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:722)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:583)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.getProtocol(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.knownURL(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.acceptsURL(Unknown Source)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1143)
    ... 21 more[/HTML]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

I assume you have your mysql java connector on the class path, i.e. in common\lib?

I haven't added anything to the CLASSPATH, i have the mySQL connector jar in the Tomcat\lib\ directory??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

The main issue appears to be that Tomcat doesn't know which JDBC Driver to use.

This might be of some use.

Advertisement