Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink mixtures

Options
  • 26-11-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

So what are your favorite concoxtions to make on a night out?
    stuff that either you just like to drink
    or
    gets you completly wasted after one or two
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Pint glass.. Bout a third full with vodka and the rest orange and blackcurrant.. Very nice drink.. Wouldn't get ya drunk very quick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Friend of mine adds vodka to wine to give it some extra kick

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

A nice whiskey with water and ice. Failing that smithwicks.
    Failing that an el dangeroso
    Vodka, rum, creme de cassis, cointreau and a wee nip of brandy. Top with Orange / lemon or both.
    Wait half an hour. Puke.
    Invented it myself. Never fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm a Sex on the Beach man myself, you just can't beat that Vitamin C rush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

allanb49 wrote: »
    Friend of mine adds vodka to wine to give it some extra kick

Do you throw him the odd 20 cent on the street?

• Advertisement

Pint glass
    1 shot each of wild turkey, jameson, capt morgans, tequilla, And some other high % spirit
    splash of coke and topped off with grenadine. enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭splish

Jack Daniels and Tequila or "Wheelbarrows" as we used to call them. To this day I dont know where the name came from. :D

Photi wrote: »
    Do you throw him the odd 20 cent on the street?

Her and no fun when shes like that (for twenty mins at least)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Jack Daniels + coke or ice (depening on my mood),
    Captain Morgans + coke,
    Mijitos,
    Vodka +cranberry or
    Long Island Ice Tea
    mmmmmmmm.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I love vodka with a bit of cranberry juice and a splash of orange juice + some ice.. mmmmm!

I also love vodka a 7up.

Never say no to a gin and tonic either or a glass of red wine, yummy!

Then of course there's cocktails, mojitos and strawberry daquiris (sp?) are gorgeous.

For special nights I like to have either some sambuca, tequila or, if I'm lucky, some goldslager!!

If I don't have any spirits then I suppose I'll make do with a corona. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Southern Comfort and ice, no mixers allowed.

Or €15 worth of alcohol from Aldi mixed together in a saucepan, left in the fridge for half an hour then two cans of coke added for giggles, worked to get us hammered in first year, never tried again!

MizzLolly wrote: »

If I don't have any spirits then I suppose I'll make do with a corona. :)
    Without the lime i hope? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Long Island Ice tea or tequila if I'm playing catch-up.

Otherwise vodka, half a can/bottle of redbull in a pint glass with plenty of ice all topped off with water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Kiera wrote: »
    Without the lime i hope? :)

I'll drink it either way tbh :p

sowwy!

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I'll drink it either way tbh :p

sowwy!
    Ye ruiner! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

A friend of mine introduced me to port and blue wkd!! Absolutely gorgeous!!

Failing that its vodka and......anything i can get my hands on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Silver Bullet

six gins and ice in a pint glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Vodka + lucozade sport orange is the ultimate alcoholic drink. Far superior to vodka + blackcurrant, coke or 7up. Not only does it mask the taste better than anything else, it also goes down incredibly easy.

A naggin mixed with 500mls of lucozade sport isn't much effort (compared to a naggin+500mls of coke which is a horrible experience).

However, it is quite high in sugar (not as high as coke/red bull though) and lucozade sport isn't cheap. If I'm at home before i go out I'll mix 200mls of tesco's finest with 100mls of miwadi orange and pineapple (again far superior to blackcurrant) and top it up to a litre with water. It doesn't taste that good (most people would add at least double the miwadi) but it's easy to down, is cheap and about as healthy a drink as you can get.

After 5-10 minutes of discomfort I'm free to enjoy my night while laughing inside at the plebs shuddering down can after can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

White rum and water
    Cpt. Morgans and orange juice
    Brandy and red bull
    Bailey's, malibu and whiskey

Usually have any of the above. Rum and water if i don't want a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Double brandy mixed with a double absinthe.
    This really fcuks you up:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Using beer as a mixer with vodka is fairly nasty, but when I've snuck a naggin into a club I'm not paying €4 for a coke, so beer it is... gross but effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Vodka, rum, creme de cassis, cointreau and a wee nip of brandy. Top with Orange / lemon or both....

Repped. That's truly horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Pint Glass + triple Southern Comfort + top up with blue WKD...sweet but certainly works!:)

or

A decent double of whiskey (so NOT JD) + double Russian Standard Vodka + shot of Old Seadog Rum+ homebrew wine + shot of Jaegr to complete...tried this once and it messed me up:pac: never puked while drinking but i was rat-ar*ed after one of these and some bottles of Corona.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Double bacardi with cranberry juice, it's so yummy, failing that sex on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

One part Jaeger, one part bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

I'm a double whiskey and red lemonade man.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm drinking rum and coke right now, it's not as nice as the rum from lidl though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Southern Comfort, Red Lemonade and Smirnoff Ice. Drunk and REALLY hyper from all the sugar. The best mixer is an alcohol of lesser value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Vodka + lucozade sport orange is the ultimate alcoholic drink. Far superior to vodka + blackcurrant, coke or 7up. Not only does it mask the taste better than anything else, it also goes down incredibly easy.

A naggin mixed with 500mls of lucozade sport isn't much effort (compared to a naggin+500mls of coke which is a horrible experience).

However, it is quite high in sugar (not as high as coke/red bull though) and lucozade sport isn't cheap. If I'm at home before i go out I'll mix 200mls of tesco's finest with 100mls of miwadi orange and pineapple (again far superior to blackcurrant) and top it up to a litre with water. It doesn't taste that good (most people would add at least double the miwadi) but it's easy to down, is cheap and about as healthy a drink as you can get.

After 5-10 minutes of discomfort I'm free to enjoy my night while laughing inside at the plebs shuddering down can after can.

If I could thank you a 1000times for that I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Bulmers and Buckfast half and half in a pint glass. I dont like either on their own but for some reason it works. Quickly too.

Advertisement