Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink mixtures

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Well there's the irish car bomb which im sure everyone knows...

thats a definite favourite of mine and shall be consuming a few this week for my bday :D

then there's the hand grenade, which is sambuca and redbull, drop in the jager and knock it back.

I've also had a flaming lamborghini, but can't remember exactly what's in it, same deal with a pablos!

lime and baileys, swirl in mouth, is fúckin weird but nice enough..

I know people who do those "gas chambers" and ****, but that's not my style, i'd like to survive a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

What's wrong with pints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Lo23

Southern Comfort & West Coast Cooler- Delicious!!

Patron(Tequila) & Jameson -Pretty hard to get Patron here but worth the hunt!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭dazzday

Top Shelf...

1 Pint glass + a shot of everybottle on the top shelf/optics.

Only for special occasions or death wishes.

orourkeda wrote: »
    What's wrong with pints?
    allanb49 wrote: »
    So what are your favorite concoxtions to make on a night out?
    stuff that either you just like to drink
    or
    gets you completly wasted after one or two

There's nothing wrong with pints, but people on a budget like to get drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Skittle Brow! A bottle of Boost energy drink with vodka and skittles! Great stuff!

Dodgy ones! A nagon of vodka in a can of Harp. Oh no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Liquid heroin: Shot glass filled with the following
    -Jagermeister
    -Tequila
    -Goldschlager

Mate of mine came back from the states for a week during easter and was drinking what he called a "rotten apple". Half cider and half guinnes. Rotten is not the word to describe how awful that drink was.

Also a very nasty shot to mess with your mates is a "flatliner". Shot glass with the following:

-Sambuca
    -Layer of tabasco sauce
    -Topped off with tequila.

Give them that and watch them run to the bar for water, and then probably puke an hour later....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I once ordered a jager bomb and a double vodka and lime and one of my mates was locked at the time and dropped the shot of jagger in the double vodka, so I downed that and chased it with a red bull. It was pretty decent.

Liquid heroin: Shot glass filled with the following
    -Jagermeister
    -Tequila
    -Goldschlager

Birthday this friday, so will be definitely trying out this.

Do you knock it back all the time?? or drink it slowly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

My latest is Captain Morgans and sparkling water, tastes like cream soda (ie: fizzy Captain Morgans).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Vodka + Lucozade Alert! Get enough of these into ya and you'll be on a drunken buzz for hours!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

Tia Maria with diet coke if I'm taking it easy

Or Sambuca with ice and diet coke/splash of baileys (in a glass not a shot) if I'm on a night out followed by shots of sambuca, baby guinness and jaegerbombs

I just LOVE sambuca. I even found a toothpaste that tastes like sambuca - brushing my teeth is such a happy experience now!!

Edited to say that Sambuca with red bull is good too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

whiskey + oj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Some stomach churning combos in here!!!

Quite partial to a rumcumber though - Rum, Ginger ale, ripe cucumber sliced lengthways and slightly squeezed together to get the juices flowing out in a pintglass with plenty of ice; seriously refreshing.

Failing that, Whiskey, a wee drop of water, no ice

Otherwise: Guinness, as God intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Birthday this friday, so will be definitely trying out this.

Do you knock it back all the time?? or drink it slowly??

You dont want to drink this one slowly, trust me. Knock it back

You dont want to drink this one slowly, trust me. Knock it back

I'll give it a go anyway, will report on saturday morning evening how it went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

grey goose or belvedere vodka + mixer.buy them in the states, ripoff here.
    patron tequila-brought home a litre from vegas there on thursday.44 dollars compared to 90euro in superquinn!
    mojitos
    long islands

or good old fashioned pint of heineken/guinness

some stomach churning ones from college....

double southern comfort+smirnoff ice and a dash of lime-very sweet but you'll be hyper
    vodka,redbull and cranberry-takes the kick from the redbull but you still get the energy
    "juicee"- vodka,miwadi orange and......water! piss like a racehorse but hangover aint bad thanks to all the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Kiera wrote: »
    Without the lime i hope? :)

Any drink that needs lime/lemon to make it taste better is a drink best avoided tbh..:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Any drink that needs lime/lemon to make it taste better is a drink best avoided tbh..:mad:

Damn right!

1/2 Pint Glass
    1 shot of absinthe
    2 shots vodka
    top up with apple juice.

Only drink this if you plan on not going anywhere. 2 of them and you are gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

lime and baileys, swirl in mouth, is fúckin weird but nice enough..

You're not quite doing that right. The baileys and lime is a trick to play on someone. Because the baileys curdles, and goes sour. Thats like drinking sour milk and whiskey.

I was going to give out about the evils of drinking stupidly, then realised I would be a hypocrite, so here's mine.

Turbo Shandy
    Pint of Stella, neck half, top up with Smirnoff Ice.

AntiFreeze.
    3 Blue Aftershock, one Sambuca, Red Bull, pint glass with ice.

Pink Smurf
    3 Vodka, dash blackcurrant, and top up with Smirnoff Ice.

Raging Bull
    Vodka, gin, rum, peach schnapps, triple sec and red bull, in a pint glass with some ice.

Liquid Cocaine
    Sambuca, Goldslager and Rumplemintz (if you can get it) layered in a shot glass.

Squashed Frog
    Grenadine, Midori, Baileys, layered in a shot glass.

• Advertisement

You're not quite doing that right. The baileys and lime is a trick to play on someone. Because the baileys curdles, and goes sour. Thats like drinking sour milk and whiskey.

I was going to give out about the evils of drinking stupidly, then realised I would be a hypocrite, so here's mine.

Turbo Shandy
    Pint of Stella, neck half, top up with Smirnoff Ice.

AntiFreeze.
    3 Blue Aftershock, one Sambuca, Red Bull, pint glass with ice.

Pink Smurf
    3 Vodka, dash blackcurrant, and top up with Smirnoff Ice.

Raging Bull
    Vodka, gin, rum, peach schnapps, triple sec and red bull, in a pint glass with some ice.

Liquid Cocaine
    Sambuca, Goldslager and Rumplemintz (if you can get it) layered in a shot glass.

Squashed Frog
    Grenadine, Midori, Baileys, layered in a shot glass.

That'd be the weird bit..

Was still nice enough though, only had it once, barman at a wedding whipped it out for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

another underrated one is as follows

Irish Coffee gone cold. Add tequila, tia maria and soy sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sleepeee

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    another underrated one is as follows

Irish Coffee gone cold. Add tequila, tia maria and soy sauce.

That sounds like a '4 o clock in the morning and we have ran out of mixers' type of experiment!!!

A nice refreshing but filling drink:

creme de menthe + kalhua + milk - tastes like mint chocolate ice cream :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Sleepeee wrote: »
    That sounds like a '4 o clock in the morning and we have ran out of mixers' type of experiment!!!

I have heard it's popular with retired Gardai.

a bad mix is Kaliber and milk. Mate used to drink it heavily in 1989.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Capt. Morgan's + Club Orange = Super Split (Drink it and see why :D)

Brandy + Port if your stomach is in rags; two or three of these and you're straight back on the whiskey

Nellie the Elephant (to be treated w/respect) - 4xRed Aftershock + 2xPeach Schnaps + Top up with M-50. Persuade someone to go for the hat-trick with these fellas and they're generally convinced that they're puking up blood a half hour later.

In most pubs down the country, the two least sold spirits are Creme de Menthe and Baileys. You can usually get them for e2.50-e3 a shot if you ask, my holiday home 'local' does the two for a fiver now due to popular demand - tastes like Mint Feast @ about 40% and 5-6 of them have a slippery way of going down in a half hour. (Not to be drunk in conjunction with guinness or the plumber will never forgive you).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'm not even going to try these, I know for a fact I'll be puking about an hour later so why bother ! Some of the mixes listed here would have me in the hospital I'd say..

Pints ftw !

Advertisement