Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fable 2 any good?

• 26-11-2009 9:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if Fable 2 is any good?
    My 7 year old loves watching me play wow and is always asking for a wow styple game for his 360.
    I realise fable is single player and not an mmo :)
    I notice i can get Episode 1 of 5? free on live.
    Would you folks recommend it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

not sure what this episode 1/5 crack is but the full game itself is awesome but a little short, i'm sure he'd love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah definitely, Fable is very child friendly and it's quite easy to get the hang of! :) The game is downloadable now in 5 parts, that's what the episode's are about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Tbh i think the Fable series is way over rated and i have clocked both of them. Try Blue Dragon instead, you'd pick it up for less than a tenner new!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Download the free episode, it'll be the first few quests. If he likes it I'm sure you could buy it second hand pretty cheap. Downloading the other parts will be more expensive but I'm not sure if his save game will work with the retail copy, so he might need to start again.

Not sure if it would be suitable for a 7 year old though. It's got alot of cheeky charm but you are encouraged to have sex. Then you can do it whenever you want with men or women, protected or unprotected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I've seen it secondhand in smiths for 9.99 in the last few days. Yes it is very good, starts off very well and fades a bit. It is nowhere near as deep as it thinks and can become somewhat repetitive. On the other hand it has a fair bit of charm and will keep you occupied especially if you like to explore a bit. At a tenner I think its a must have.

Some adult themes all the same, so I wouldn't get it for a 7 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Not for a 7 year old. Great game, bit short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Yea, this game might not be suited for a 7 year old. You can have sex with hookers(male and female), which is probably the most unsuitable aspect of it even though you don't see anything because the screen blackens and you hear a lot of moans and stuff from the other person.
    You can kill characters, but if he's been watching you play WoW, then its not new.

Its a good game, but not for a seven year old. Maybe try Blue Dragon as was said already. haven't played it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

God yeah I'm so sorry OP! What a terrible advice giver I am. I forgot about the prostitution not to mention the fact that loot often contains condoms.
    I'd back others in recommending blue dragon. Eternal sonata is in a similar vein too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Blue Dragon is good enough, very child friendly. I have a copy thats going nowhere if you want it. If you can pick it up in Dublin you can have it.

PS Mods, I'm not trying to advertise, just trying to help someone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Feck Off

Fable 2 is a great game with amazing graphics. I reccommend you buy the GOTY edition as it is the completed story and contains all the DLC which gives lots of extra play.
    Gamestation have it for £18.99 and that includeds delivery . (They deliver to Ireland) http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Games/Xbox-360/Fable-II-Game-of-The-Year-Edition/~r417382/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks all, i decided against Fable2 as i dont see it as suitable for him.

Advertisement