Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smiling!!

• 26-11-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Isn't smiling great?

every day as i'm walking to college i have a smile on my face because it's a new day and every person who passes me by i smile at! however only very occasionally do people smile back! either they don't look at me at all or look at me blankly!!
    why is this? are people just grumpy?
    if you see a girl with long brown hair wearing a white beanie smiling at you , SMILE BACK! would you?

try it people and eventually we will smile at each other a knowing smile!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I love smiling! When you smile, everybody smiles back!*

*Except for that bint in Londis who looked like somebody urinated in her cornflakes. She just threw the change on the counter, scowled, and didn't say thanks.

:) = win!

I think it's been scientifically proven that smiling makes you feel better. If you are in a bad mood, and you force yourself to smile 5 times or so, you will feel better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

smile at every girl you see and eventually you'll smile at me and i'll smile back!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Well you know what they say, a smiles contagious :)

isn't it just! ^

Most people don't like smiling if its too early, I'm physically incapable of smiling in the morning. If something amuses me I do this sort of half grin...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Well you know what they say, a smiles contagious :)

thank you very much you infectious person :)

a girl smiled back today woo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

I'd smile back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I smile at everyone at work and they know me at this stage for doing this however on the street, most people seem to be uncomfortable with making any kind of eye contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I smile at everyone too! I love it when people smile back. I'm sure we've smiled at eachother at some stage OP!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement