Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale

Options
  • 26-11-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

Everyone probably has it but they're selling Batman for £15 down from £30 which is great seeing how new it is. Other less interesting games on it as well but it's for 1 day only and I think they're doing a series of 1 day things.

Just FYI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

GRID - 5 euro
    and
    Plants vrs Zombies - 5 euro

Looking forward to see what else there's gonna be on sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I always hate these sales. They cost me a fortune. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

limit yourself to 10 euro per sale then.

So after the 5 days youll only have spent 50 quid...1 normal game...but have amassed maybe 4-6 good games :)

Im chuffed with my 2 purchases today.

Told my clan bout it too....got about 7 of em to buy GRID, so we can have a big race tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Everyone probably has it but they're selling Batman for £15 down from £30
    Those are the English prices, we're forced to buy from the rip-off European store, it's €25 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ShaneU wrote: »
    Those are the English prices, we're forced to buy from the rip-off European store, it's €25 there.

What's it retailing for normally regardless? You could still move to the UK :P

KOTOR going for £1.74 today. Totally bargainous if you've never played it. Not much else that takes my fancy mind.

Warning on deadspace: The PC port has THE WORST mouse control ever. I played the game for 10 mins and had to give up and a google of the problem was that they just ****ed it up and never fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I got the THQ deal, 18 games for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

Warning on deadspace: The PC port has THE WORST mouse control ever. I played the game for 10 mins and had to give up and a google of the problem was that they just ****ed it up and never fixed it.

Fúck, bought it yesterday and am just about to start playing it! There's some unreal bargains on the sale though, the first left for dead is there atm for €7.49 if anyone hasn't bought it yet, gonna keep an eye on it over the next few days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The mouse controls arent that bad. Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do its fine. Would be a shame to miss out on this gem because of the mouse controls. One of the lesser known gems of 2008.

I'd agree, played it for about 90 minutes there and it wasn't that bad but, having said that, they could have refined it a lot more. It certainly isn't unplayable that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Looks like the Irish cant buy ghostbusters.
    Everyone is getting a failure if its in their cart.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Jumpy wrote: »
    Looks like the Irish cant buy ghostbusters.
    Everyone is getting a failure if its in their cart.

This problem should be sorted now, all users worldwide should be able to purchase the game from here on in.

Nope, still the same problem.
    There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

And now they have taken it out of the sale list. Well done steam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Indeed . . . seems to have been taken down again.:(

Seems to be down to licensing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I got the THQ pack for 26 pounds (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Kiith wrote: »
    The mouse controls arent that bad. Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do its fine. Would be a shame to miss out on this gem because of the mouse controls. One of the lesser known gems of 2008.

I used a wired 360 controller. Best way round the poor mouse controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Kiith wrote: »

Sorry but have to totally disagree. The game was imo completely unplayable. Considering you need to aim specifically at bodyparts to attack the enemy it was unforgivable to turn the best control system in the game world into something that swings wildly about like a drunken hobo where you point at the floor and the barest twitch had you swinging at the ceiling whilst being mauled by 5 enemies.

No amount of tweaking made it better and in fairness a google of a the problem suggests I'm far from alone in my opinion.

I saw that L4D was going cheap today. I'm so sososososos tempted to buy it but you know, the more of the demos I played in both 1 and 2 I don't think I'll enjoy it. I actually enjoyed Killing Fields way more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

bought Ghostbusters and am thinking of getting BF2

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I saw that L4D was going cheap today. I'm so sososososos tempted to buy it but you know, the more of the demos I played in both 1 and 2 I don't think I'll enjoy it. I actually enjoyed Killing Fields way more.
    I think youre nuts. Buy one or the other. Both are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I bought Ghostbusters this morning. Steam has a problem with credit card addresses here, so just use Paypal as your payment method and there's no problems.

• Advertisement

Got left 4 dead for £6.50. Bargain of the century. Cracking game too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Bought L4D2 and THQ pack. Awesome, don't have the bandwidth to play it though :(

I got Company of Heroes which I wanted to get anyway. Great game, very happy with it. It makes C&C games look like Doom.
    Shred wrote: »
    I'd agree, played it for about 90 minutes there and it wasn't that bad but, having said that, they could have refined it a lot more. It certainly isn't unplayable that's for sure.

Try disabling vertical sync for your graphics card. Had the same issue with Fallout 3 and that helped.

It won't make it go away but it may help. Basically seems like the game is treating your mouse like an analog stick. I'm convinced Ms just have a cross compiler for Pc/360 and it remaps everything and lazy devs don't bother changing the control schemes or else they aren't allowed and maybe Ms want to push more controllers for Pc. Neither would surprise me.

thebman wrote: »
    Try disabling vertical sync for your graphics card. Had the same issue with Fallout 3 and that helped

Cheers, fairly sure I already have it turned off from a previous issue but will double check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Todays Steam Sale Games are

http://store.steampowered.com/early-holiday

Evil Genius - €2.49

The Chronicles of Riddick™ Assault on Dark Athena - €9.99

Mirrors Edge - €3.74

Call of Juarez Bound in blood -€34.99

The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition- €2.24

Quantz -€2

Section 8 -€19.99

Anything there good? Whats Monkey island like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Meh, I should have picked up BF2 yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LiGhTz OuT

the cheapest way of getting games is just by buying the cd key, I got the new cod cd key for about about 27euro and you can activate and dl it via steam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

LiGhTz OuT wrote: »
    the cheapest way of getting games is just by buying the cd key, I got the new cod cd key for about about 27euro and you can activate and dl it via steam :)

As a warning, I did that once before and the games were revoked off me a month later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LiGhTz OuT

yeah, it depends on where you buy the key really, i buy mine @ onlinekeystore.com and a few people got their cod keys revoked but they replaced it or refunded everyones

great site btw, its instant delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Woo loved these deals!

Got KOTR seen as I'v never played it and its meant to be brill!

Got World of Goo as well seen as I pirated it when it first came out, and I enjoeyed it so much. Thought I better support the creators.

And then just there I got QauntZ... wasn't all that impressed with the demo... but comeon 2 euro!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

bought ghostbusters yesterday for a tenner. gonna get mirrors edge, although i bought i it for a fiver on d2d already, the price justifies another purchase.

Advertisement