Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

koneko wrote: »
    I just bought way too much stuff :/

Heh me too,I brought 50 euro 3g voucher today and its all gone now :-/.I brought the following

Mass effect
    the witcher
    AI:wars
    torchlight
    defense grid
    star wars knight of the old republic
    mirrors edge

I already have masseffect on the xbox but decided to buy it for the pc to download mods and stuff.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Kinetic hasn't played Deus Ex and yet is somehow a moderator of the games forum....WTF?????!!!!!

Man I don't see the point in living if you haven't played this game 4 or 5 times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

AHHH ive 10 euro to spend on steam...i duno what to buy..have gta4 so cnt get that..maybe grid?hmmmm

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Content servers look to have reached their peak:
    http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

There is more available bandwidth than the current graph indicates, it automatically re-adjusts should the line attempt to go off the graph (it scales automatically). You can see under the individual server stats that they have a bit of juice left . . . but yeah, they are still getting hammered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I cant believe i only just found these deals
    My games list just got an erection.
    I even bought stalker even though i already have a hard copy, nice to have it on steam though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Heh me too,I brought 50 euro 3g voucher today and its all gone now :-/.
    Aye. Have a €30 3G voucher which is calling to me...
    Azza wrote: »
    Man I don't see the point in living if you haven't played this game 4 or 5 times!
    Agreed. Shooting all the way though the game is fun, but try not killing anyone - a lot friggin harder :(

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Just bought the Eidos collectors pack for €46. 20 games in total with some real gems in there like Batman Arkham Asylum, Deus EX 1&2 (yes I liked 2), Rogue Trooper (apparently a very underrated game) and the Hitman series. Score :)

Edit: Also has Thief, Deadly Shadows. Was a fan of the first two games so I'm looking foward to trying this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mataguri wrote: »
    Just bought the Eidos collectors pack for €46. 20 games in total with some real gems in there like Batman Arkham Asylum, Deus EX 1&2 (yes I liked 2), Rogue Trooper (apparently a very underrated game) and the Hitman series. Score :)

Think I'll buy that tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Was a big gan of rogue trooper comics, was impressed with the game. its gets repetitive but still a decentist game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Think I'll buy that tomorrow :)

I think I will be doing the same, have been meaning to pick it up in a sale for some time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Crap! Now I just bought the Witcher, Torchlight and have the Jedi Knight collection sitting in my shopping basket. Ive spent far too much already this month :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is GTA IV as good on the pc with the keyboard and mouse as it is on the console?

tempted to buy it

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Is GTA IV as good on the pc with the keyboard and mouse as it is on the console?

tempted to buy it

Was the only way to play it in my view . . . sure didn't GTA start on the PC?;)

To be honest it was terribly optimized when it was released, but they have made a good effort with the patches and things are much better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I'm half afraid to order anything in case it turns up as a special deal tomorrow!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

R_H_C_P wrote: »

tempted to buy it

aiming with the keyboard and mouse is excellent, a lot smoother and better reactions. patches have improved FPS performance but it still requires at LEAST a 2ghz core 2 and an 8800GT,probably more than 2GB RAM for a 17" monitor and have it running about about 40-45 fps on medium settings, which still looks a lot better than the console counterpart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Yeah D2D are probably the worse out of the lot but they've improved a bit. The speeds are quite good now. Impulse is almost on a par with steam in terms of functionality but their catalogue isn't as big yet. gamersgate are good for certain publishers. They should be one to watch this week as they've already been undercutting impulse and steam over the last few days.

At least we have some competition in the download area now.

Noooooo! I got The Witcher and Torchlight in the Direct2Drive sales last week.
    I paid 4 euro more for the witcher and 46 cents more for torchlight! :pac:

I've found with direct2drive now that if you can download using the comrade application I can get at times 2MB/s.
    But if you have to use the old download manager like I did with crysis:warhead for some reason it's the old crappy steady 30kb/s over two days affair.
    I haven't figured out why some of them can only be downloaded with the older download manger.

Current Direct2Drive UK special is Dragon Age Digital Deluxe Edition £29.99 STG if anyone is interested.
    I bet it will be on steam tomorrow cheaper just to spite me.

STALKER: Clear Sky is sold out of CD Keys on the store . . . !:eek:

People can still buy it, but they may not be able to play it for a bit.
    Oops, this is embarrassing. Due to high demand we have temporarily run out of unique keys for this title. You may, by all means, purchase at the awesome sale price but may not be able to play until we receive more unique product keys. It shouldn't take too long, we have sent armed guards to the publisher's house to get them out of bed, drive them to their secret lair and produce more keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

TomCo wrote: »
    I'm half afraid to order anything in case it turns up as a special deal tomorrow!

they ALWAYS do that :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

aiming with the keyboard and mouse is excellent, a lot smoother and better reactions. patches have improved FPS performance but it still requires at LEAST a 2ghz core 2 and an 8800GT,probably more than 2GB RAM for a 17" monitor and have it running about about 40-45 fps on medium settings, which still looks a lot better than the console counterpart

Agreed. The game plays and runs much better on PC (but there are some aliasing issues still), but only if you have the hardware to run it. Tbh though you want 3GB RAM and a fair bit more grunt than a 2.0Ghz Core2Duo.

Meh... held off on a few buys recently and regretted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I believe the servers are indeed starting to buckle, I have been unable to install games atm, says wait a few mins.
    Im not complaining though

After this sale ends will there another sale of special offers?or is this it for a while.

Think I'll buy another 3g voucher :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

After this sale ends will there another sale of special offers?or is this it for a while.

Think I'll buy another 3g voucher :pac:

There's a new set of deals in a little over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, I really want to get Team Fortress 2 or the Orange Box, but I reckon they'll drop in price too.

The new deals seem pretty crap in comparison.
    Steam is taking a hammering, so for those who cant see the page:

Name|Price
    Football Manager 2010 | 37.49
    Need for Speed: Shift | 37.49
    ID pack| 23.79
    Left 4 Dead 2 | 33.49
    Serious Sam HD | 9.99

Meeeeeeeeh

You can still get the previous days deals at the same price.
    Not sure how long thats going to last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

The new deals seem pretty crap in comparison

They are hardly deals either... seen both FM2010 and NFS cheaper in my local HMV.

Pass...

They are hardly deals either... seen both FM2010 and NFS cheaper in my local HMV.

Pass...

L4D2 is supposed to 24.99 in GAME too.

The new deals seem pretty crap in comparison.
    Steam is taking a hammering, so for those who cant see the page:

[

I agree,I went out and ourchased another 3v voucher and all :--/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ya pretty disappointing still with how slow steam is at the moment we can just spend the day downloading yesterdays buys while waiting for tomorrows deals !

Advertisement