Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got resident evil for 18.99,I got 31 euro left on my 3v card,gonna see what deals they have out tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Todays Sale:

Universe at War: Earth Assault - 4,99€

Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition - 41,24€

Star Wars Premier Pack - 9,99€

Torchlight - 3,99€

Dragon Age: Origins - 37,49€

Prototype™ - 24,99€

LUMINES™ Base+Advance Pack - 2,99€
    It's Day Four of the Holiday Sale here at Steam headquarters, and those new servers we mentioned earlier in the week are humming a pleasant harmony we've momentarily confused with the sweet sound of an angelic choir. That and most people are out of the office today, it being a Saturday, so we're feeling a bit nostalgic for company.

On sale at the following discounted rates, TODAY ONLY,* December 26th are:

Lumines™ and the Lumines™ Base+Advance Pack - 80% Off
    Torchlight - 75% Off
    Star Wars Premier Pack - 75% Off
    Universe at War: Earth Assault - 75% Off * For the duration of the Holiday Sale!
    Prototype™ - 50% Off, plus
    Dragon Age: Origins and its Digital Deluxe Edition - 25% Off

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lumines is the best value for money there. Even if it just a PSP port. Its still good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Bummer for those of who paid €7.99 for Torchlight the other day, but I don't regret it at all. An absolute must-buy at €3.99.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Star Wars premier pack is now 22.99. Prob would have bought it at 9.99, shame the price went up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Mataguri wrote: »
    Star Wars premier pack is now 22.99. Prob would have bought it at 9.99, shame the price went up.

It was a pricing mistake, they had also left out KOTOR at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Maybe you're thinking of the Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection? There's currently 2 Star Wars packages that overlap:

Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection: €9.99
    Includes: Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars Premier Pack: €22.99
    Includes: Star Wars Republic Commando™ , Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Star Wars Battlefront® II , Star Wars Galaxies™: The Complete Online Adventures, Star Wars Starfighter™, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, Star Wars: Dark Forces

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Maybe you're thinking of the Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection? There's currently 2 Star Wars packages that overlap:

Nope, the premier pack was 9.99 when the new sale prices came out, you can even see it in the posts above mine.
    It was a pricing mistake, they had also left out KOTOR at that price.

Boo! Would have been a great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Prototype worth the money?

bizmark wrote: »
    Prototype worth the money?

Its short, unpolished and very easy but its a lot of fun to walk through the city causing mayhem.

• Advertisement

Ill take a pass then i have fallout 3 for that sort of mayhem causing shenanigans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Hehe, held off on Torchlight thinking it might appear on the daily specials. €4, Christ that's for nothing!

Let's see now will they do the same for Borderlands... then I'll be done with the sale, I swear! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

So far I've gotten:

Mirror's Edge 3,08 EUR
    Grand Theft Auto IV 6,16 EUR
    STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl 1,64 EUR
    Rome: Total War Gold 2,67 EUR
    Audiosurf 2,06 EUR
    Battlefield 2 4,11 EUR
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky 4,11 EUR
    Torchlight 3,28 EUR

Total, including the VAT... about €32.

That is some serious value. Funny thing it Valve are still making a profit off it, but for this kind of money you can't begrudge them it. Makes you wonder what they're making normally though.

If only I didn't have a download cap - means I can't actually get at my purchases until next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'm annoyed, had bought the Lucas Arts premier pack previously, but the one now for sale has Battlefront 2 aswell as the rest. :/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Its short, unpolished and very easy but its a lot of fun to walk through the city causing mayhem.

+1, I found it a good, bloody, laugh that I would recommend for a rent. (or now for a Steam sale!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

NotWormBoy wrote: »
    So far I've gotten:

Mirror's Edge 3,08 EUR
    Audiosurf 2,06 EUR
    Battlefield 2 4,11 EUR
    Torchlight 3,28 EUR

That is some serious value. Funny thing it Valve are still making a profit off it, but for this kind of money you can't begrudge them it. Makes you wonder what they're making normally though.

If only I didn't have a download cap - means I can't actually get at my purchases until next week...

I imagine valve get the same cut for the service costs and the publisher takes the hit. Since they have no distribution costs other then paying Valve and the games development has already been paid off by previous sales, this is 100% profit for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

NotWormBoy wrote: »
    So far I've gotten:

Mirror's Edge 3,08 EUR
    Audiosurf 2,06 EUR
    Battlefield 2 4,11 EUR
    Torchlight 3,28 EUR

What BB provider you with? I've gone over my eircom cap and I'm still good for big downoads. I think you're grand unless you do it every single month and go over the cap by a silly amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Is dragon age origins worth a punt?got soom really impressive reviews!

I got it for 25 euro in gamestop so check town.... don't like it personally your main character isn't expressive like in mass effect he/she has no personality and i dont think the setting helps me to get into it far more a sci fi fan than fantasy on top of that none of the current party members interest me either .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

koHd wrote: »
    What BB provider you with? I've gone over my eircom cap and I'm still good for big downoads. I think you're grand unless you do it every single month and go over the cap by a silly amount.

I'm with Digiweb. Its a 50 GB limit per 30 day rolling period. I'm currently about 45 GB used or so. They don't cap you until you hit 60 GB (20% higher than your cap) but they will cap you immediately, and you're stuck on dialup speeds until you go back under 40GB (20% lower than your cap). Of course, if you've used most of your traffic in the latter parts of the month, you could be stuck with dialup for a few weeks. I'll be switching to UPC after Christmas though. Had them before, they were excellent.
    Is dragon age origins worth a punt?got soom really impressive reviews!

If you like the method that BioWare use - such as KOTOR and Mass Effet - for their RPG's then its a great game. I don't like it, I much prefer the free form manner of Fallout 3 or Oblivion, and I still really enjoy Dragon Age. For €35-40, I'd definitely recommend it, it'll while your Christmas hours away. There is a lot of game in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Star Wars pack has a problem where KOTOR doesn't appear in the games tab. People moaning on the steam forums have the same issues (thankfully). Pain in the arse, I really wanted to play that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Can you launch it from the .exe in steamapps?

Star Wars pack has a problem where KOTOR doesn't appear in the games tab. People moaning on the steam forums have the same issues (thankfully). Pain in the arse, I really wanted to play that!

When did you purchase the pack? It should be showing up fine.

There was an issue with the pack for around ten minutes after it went on sale, where it did not include KOTOR. If you purchased it when it didnt you might need to contact support.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

FYI, Direct2Drive is also having a sale

Prototype is about 15 euro and purchasable

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/2/8085/product/Buy-Prototype-UK-Download

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Looking forward to the deals today!

So far I have:

The Witcher
    Riddick
    Freedom Force
    Freedom Force vs The Third Reich
    and Torchlight.

Today's sale:

Complete PopCap Collection - 49,99€

Zombie Driver - 2,24€

Day of Defeat: Source - 2,49€

Dead Space - 6,79€

Hearts of Iron III - 7,49€
    Day Five! Deep discounts are to be had, across the board today. Look:

On sale at the following slashed prices, TODAY ONLY, December 27th are...

Hearts of Iron III - 75% Off
    Zombie Driver - 75% Off
    Day of Defeat: Source - 75% Off
    Dead Space - 66% Off, and
    The Complete PopCap Collection - 50% Off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

When did you purchase the pack? It should be showing up fine.

There was an issue with the pack for around ten minutes after it went on sale, where it did not include KOTOR. If you purchased it when it didnt you might need to contact support.

Nah it was in the list when I purchased, I'm not the only one with the issue. Valve haven't responded so I assume there's just no one in their offices over the weekend. Simple error I'd say. I've got plenty to play until then anyway :D

Today's stuff not as interesting. Zombie Driver looks awful, Hearts of Iron isn't my thing, already have DOD but Dead Space is worth a punt, as would PopCap if I didn't already have Plants vs Zombies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Day of Defeat: Source - 2,49€

Great price, ive easily spent a couple hundred hours on this game.

Dead Space - 6,79€

Another great game, well worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dead Space for under €7 is indeed a steal.

Popcap collection is tempting but I have Plants vs Zombies and if I start to play Peggle again it would only be a short time before I would be offering "services" on the streets in exchange for orange pegs.....

• Advertisement

huzzah finally own dead space god damn i love these sales :D

Advertisement