Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Does anyone know if Men of War has been part of a 1day sale yet? Missed the first few days of this but holding off to see if it & Red Tide get a 75% day.

so far picked up -

CoH anthology
    Torchlight
    Flatout 2
    Dawn of War Platinum ed.
    Dawn of war soulstorm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Todays deals:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - 7,49€ - 75% Off

Space Siege - 4,99€ - 75% Off

Killing Floor - 4,49 - 75% Off

The Orange Box - 14,99€ - 50% Off

Prey - 2,25€ - 80% Off
    Today is the sixth day in our Steam Holiday Sale featuring an all-new set of deep discounts for today only! The gift of giving just keeps on giving and I can't hold back any longer so here are the daily deals for today:

Space Siege - 75% Off
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - 75% Off
    The Orange Box - 50% Off
    Prey - 85% Off
    Killing Floor - 75% Off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I got zombie driver for 2 odd, doesn't run on my w7 machine though
    Also got torchlight cheap which is good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

MooseJam wrote: »
    I got zombie driver for 2 odd, doesn't run on my w7 machine though
    Also got torchlight cheap which is good fun.

Strange, I got it as well and it runs on my win 7 64. I did read that it has quite a few bugs.

Nothing much on Today's offers for me. I have everything except burnout and I'm not a big fan of driving games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Erm, seems to be an update on the daily sale.
    Prey is no longer listed (im guessing they ran out of CD-keys again)
    And is now replaced with bioshock.

Bioshock: 19.99 4.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Strange, I got it as well and it runs on my win 7 64. I did read that it has quite a few bugs.

Nothing much on Today's offers for me. I have everything except burnout and I'm not a big fan of driving games.

Had enough of W7 tonight (Belkin wireless G desktop card + W7 = Fail network)

So back to vista 64, It runs fine on it so my 2euro was well spent - looks like fun, for a few hours anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Actually been having trouble with win7 tonight as well . I got Act of War in the steam sale and can't get it to run. As far I as I can see, the game won't run on a system with more than 3gb ram. I couldn't get the option to limit the memory in msconfig working. This was because the win7 install was not on disk0.

In the end, I had to switch my disks around in the bios, boot up, limit the memory to 2gb, reboot. Then I could get the game running (without widescreen). I'll have to follow these steps each time I want to play the game.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Just finished the Chronicles of Riddick there its a brilliant game really does a great job mixing fps combat, stealth and npc side missions also has a weirdly likable main character only issue i had with is was the loading screens in butcher bay far to many of them for my likeing but i guess thats because of the console's found it a bit hard as well if you misjudge the odd's against you your screwed doesn't take long at all to shred your health and theirs not many aid stations around can get frustrating when you die a few times and go back to a check point.

Recommend it to anyone that likes fps's 6 euro you cant go wrong.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just got bioshock for a fiver,is it anygood?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Is the Pope a Catholic? :D

Yes, it's brilliant.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oceanclub wrote: »
    Is the Pope a Catholic? :D

Yes, it's brilliant.

P.

good to hear :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

good to hear :)

With a sequel out fairly soon (February 9th currently).

Tempted to buy the orange box too but I think I'll wait till the new offers come out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I found it a bit meh TBH. Good story and visuals but the gameplay was pants.

Doom3 with Art Deco.
    Tempted to buy the orange box too but I think I'll wait till the new offers come out.
    If you don't own the Orange Box already you should hand in all your gaming paraphernalia and never play another game again.

5uspect wrote: »
    I found it a bit meh TBH. Good story and visuals but the gameplay was pants.

Doom3 with Art Deco.

If you don't own the Orange Box already you should hand in all your gaming paraphernalia and never play another game again.

*Hands over all gaming paraphernalia to 5uspect*

Enjoy

*sobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Buy the Orange Box. Any one of the games alone is worth the price. :)
    Edit: Oh, after you buy a new pc I guess. ;)

I found bioshock to be pretty boring didn't find the story, combat, levels , weapons etc fun or interesting could never understand the acclaim it got gave up about half way through same as with doom 3 now i think of it...

....Oh and any pc gamer that doesnt own the orange box should be shot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I'm starting to get slightly concerned about my spending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

For anybody who hasn't done so already, BUY TORCHLIGHT!
    Fantastic little game which seems like it will be more of a spiritual sequel to Diablo II than Diablo III could hope to be (It's developed by Max Schaefer and Erich Schaefer who were co-designers of the first 2 Diablo games)
    Tis only a tenner ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

TomCo wrote: »
    I'm starting to get slightly concerned about my spending.
    Give me your credit card number, exp date, and CVV number and I'll.... uh, cancel your card for you? :)

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote: »
    I found bioshock to be pretty boring didn't find the story, combat, levels , weapons etc fun or interesting could never understand the acclaim it got gave up about half way through same as with doom 3 now i think of it...

....Oh and any pc gamer that doesnt own the orange box should be shot :pac:

*hands bismark a gun*:pac:

Ah iv had it since the day it first came out and i could never shoot a fellow cork man just wouldnt be right

Honestly though if you don't have those game's and you like fps's its great value portal alone is worth it for the price half life 2 / team fortress 2 are classic's and the two half life 2 episodes while not as good as half life 2 proper are still better than most fps's you can get.

*Hands over all gaming paraphernalia to 5uspect*

Enjoy

*sobs*

They're in a better place now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Stormrise (was 19,99€ now 4,99€)
    King Arthur (was 39,99€ now 19,99€)
    Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor (was 34,99€ now 17,49€ )
    Silent Hill Homecoming (was 34,99€ now 8,75€)
    Jade Empire™: Special Edition (was 14,99€ now 3,75€)
    Mr. Robot (was 9,99€ now 1,99€)

Out of those, I think that Jade Empire is the must-buy (already have it, played it recently and think it's better than even KOTOR).

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

Mr. Steam I want my money back! Bought GTA4 and it keeps crashing ffs. I've a 2 quad @ 2.4 with 4gb ram running vista and a 1gb geforce 9800 gt. the grahics driver keeps failing :( And before you ask i have updated drivers, even defragged the hd! I knew it was buggy but this is beyond a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

omerin wrote: »
    Mr. Steam I want my money back! Bought GTA4 and it keeps crashing ffs. I've a 2 quad @ 2.4 with 4gb ram running vista and a 1gb geforce 9800 gt. the grahics driver keeps failing :( And before you ask i have updated drivers, even defragged the hd! I knew it was buggy but this is beyond a joke

It was buggy but a lot of people found it fine after an update , me being one of them played the entire game with just one crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Damn them, I only bought Mr. Robot yesterday :/

omerin wrote: »

It used to crash for me too.
    I'd start a new game and as soon as it went to render anything 3D I would get a black screen and a "GTA IV has stopped working" error.
    I found a nvd3dum.dll fault in Win7s problem reports. Updating my video drivers fixed it. Perhaps you need to remove old drivers first. Also there's an update for the ****ty GFWL.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Check out supported OS and processor for Mr Robot. Amused me :)

Gonna check out the demo, but at 2 euro it's probably worth the gamble.

On another note, I got Jade Empire when it came out, and didn't really get into it, but couldn't put my finger on why. I liked the style a lot, but only played a few hours of it..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just got COH: Tales of Valour, been wanting it for sometime now.

Advertisement