Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

oceanclub wrote: »
    Stormrise (was 19,99€ now 4,99€)
    King Arthur (was 39,99€ now 19,99€)
    Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor (was 34,99€ now 17,49€ )
    Silent Hill Homecoming (was 34,99€ now 8,75€)
    Jade Empire™: Special Edition (was 14,99€ now 3,75€)
    Mr. Robot (was 9,99€ now 1,99€)

Out of those, I think that Jade Empire is the must-buy (already have it, played it recently and think it's better than even KOTOR).

P.

I saw it at this price too but it is now 8.74.
    Just got COH: Tales of Valour, been wanting it for sometime now.
    It's very short and doesn't really add much to the game. The new mulitplayer modes are a joke with the possible exception of PanzerKrieg.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Seifer wrote: »

It's very short and doesn't really add much to the game. The new mulitplayer modes are a joke with the possible exception of PanzerKrieg.

Yeah, I heard mixed reviews on it. Thats why I really was not willing to spend €10 or more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Check out supported OS and processor for Mr Robot. Amused me :)

Gonna check out the demo, but at 2 euro it's probably worth the gamble

Reminds me of those old isometric games Head Over Heels and Knight Lore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Had to laugh when I saw the Tales of Valor expansion pack on sale for €17.49.

Company Of Heroes: Anthology is €9.49 on play.com and includes, along with the main game, the Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor expansions. [Link] :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got jade empire and the orange box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hoping they sell Crysis in the sale at a cheap price, as lots of people will buy it, so that they can play Living Legends :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

the_syco wrote: »
    Hoping they sell Crysis in the sale at a cheap price, as lots of people will buy it, so that they can play Living Legends :cool:

Indeed! It's one of the few games that hasn't been discounted. I thought it might be a bad sign for EA games but we've had Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, etc for sale over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Just got killing floor for 9 euro.
    Never played it before, its kind of addictive in a diablo sort of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I already posted this in the game bargainst thread,but Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast is on Steam for £1.24 (around 2euro).

It's the complete Outrun 2 package with the outrun 2 and SP track,brilliant game,although the multiplayer seems to be not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I had a feeling that silent hill would be one of the daily deals. Trying to predict what else will be up. Clive Barker's Jericho could be a runner (not sure it's worth 9.99) or maybe the heroes V pack. I don't think there have been any sports games yet so there may be a few of them still to go up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Clive Barker's Jericho could be a runner (not sure it's worth 9.99)

It's not that bad tbh. The gameplay is interesting, and adds a few twists to the usual run'n'gun fps gameplay. But the setting gets rather stale after a while (plenty of browns, reds and blacks all the time) It also has possible the worst game ending in history (well maybe Pacman beats it :pac:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Today's Stuff:

Sid Meier's Civilization® IV - 6,79€ | 66% Off

Max Payne - 2,49€ 75 % Off

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword - 6,79€ | 66% Off

Osmos - 1,79€ | 80% Off

Left 4 Dead - 7,49€ | 75% Off

FIFA Manager 10 -33,49€ | 33 % Off

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - 10,19€ | 66% Off

Max Payne 2 - 2,49€ | 75 % Off

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Complete Edition is €6.49 (delivered) from play.com and features some of the items in Steam's 'today only' sale. [Link]

Edit: Also, on Steam, you can buy the Max Payne bundle for €3.74 (includes: Max Payne, Max Payne 2) which is cheaper than buying both separately.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Fnz wrote: »
    Edit: Also, on Steam, you can buy the Max Payne bundle for €3.74 (includes: Max Payne, Max Payne 2) which is cheaper than buying both separately.

Damn you!

5uspect wrote: »
    Damn you!

You'll never see that €1.24 again, bwahahaha!

No no, I just bought the bundle and forever threw my willpower to the wind.

Ah, I see. Give in to the low-low prices.:D

Just booted up Osmos - seems to be exactly the game I had hoped it to be.

I actually emailed Gabe Newell before xmas complaining that the Steam Sale was awful as I would spend far too much money on games for me instead of presents for my loved ones.

He replied saying:
    "The loved ones were just holding you back."

Evil bastard.

Steam has changed todays lineup slightly:

- Max Payne 2

- Left 4 Dead

- FIFA Manager 10

- Max Payne

- Osmos

- Sid Meier's Civilization® IV

- Call of Duty: World at War

The Civ. IV expansions are gone and WaW has been added.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is left for dead worth getting?Do people still play it online?

• Advertisement

I haven't really played it since I got L4D2 but I want to get back into it as there's some terrific campaigns in it. Modders have also ported the old maps into L4D2. AFAIK you need L4D to run the mod due to copyright.

There's a new L4D2 DLC coming out that brings the old Survivors into the new game in a as yet unknown way. I wonder if this could somwhow link both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Bought max Payne double pack, at the time it was my fave game

Also for some un known reason i bought osmos, without knowing ANYTHING about it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Steam servers are getting hammered! :( Saying that, it'll be a while before I get around to playing most of these games that I'm trying to install anyway :)

I bought iD pack, just had to. So many of those classics I've never ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

These steam sales are unbelievable at making you buy stuff you didnt even remotely consider buying, my not installed list is longer than my installed, and its mostly from these sales!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

hmm l4d is looking very tempting!

I never really play RPGs, Mass Effect and Fallout 3 on the Xbox being some recent exceptions in RPG lite. But with the sale I've bought Torchlight and the Witcher and I'm quite enjoying them. My WoW afflicted mate will be rubbing his gold mining worn hand in glee...

We'll have to have an aftersale thread group therapy session where we all sit around and confess how much we've spent and on what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

5uspect wrote: »
    ...and confess how much we've spent and on what.

I said to myself I wouldn't buy anything that was over a tenner.

So far I've spent approximately €37. And I've gotten about 7/8 games. Its beautiful.

Trouble is I'm having to download them in work and bring them home via pen drive/external and copy them across.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

NotWormBoy wrote: »
    I said to myself I wouldn't buy anything that was over a tenner.

So far I've spent approximately €37. And I've gotten about 7/8 games. Its beautiful.

Trouble is I'm having to download them in work and bring them home via pen drive/external and copy them across.
    Oo I came into the thread specifically to ask whether that'd work... Good to know it does. :D

I've spent more than I intended, but tbh not really minding since on a Time : Money ratio, it's well spent. Plus it's mostly been older stuff and indy stuff, so for my fifty or so euros I've got... 20ish games?!
    Fnz wrote: »
    Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Complete Edition is €6.49 (delivered) from play.com and features some of the items in Steam's 'today only' sale.
    The complete pack with all 4 expansions vs Plays 2 is 13.60 on Steam. Not bad, considering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've avoided steam for years. Is it ok now? No problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

BostonB wrote: »
    I've avoided steam for years. Is it ok now? No problems?
    Well they still steal your soul, kill kittens and block efforts to feed the hungry but at the prices they're selling stuff I really don't care.
    r
    All seriousness aside, other than them never putting enough bandwidth into high-demand downloads, I haven't had a problem with Steam in a loooong while. :)

Oh, and just spotted Beyond Good and Evil for 2.49. If anyone hasn't played it, they really should. grab it. I never understood why it wasn't more popular.

Advertisement