Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Network Eircom

Options
  • 26-11-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi i'm not a buff when it comes to computers so my problem is that i've got a 3mb speed from eircom with the standard box which is in the kitchen, up stairs the wireless strength is very weak, how do i get a better/ stronger signal with out running extra cables around the house??? Is there some kind or booster or something i can get???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

The easiest way is something like:
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/devolo-microlink-dlan-highspeed-starter-kit-3RYL.html?refs=49980000
    It's not cheap though.

Have you tried placing the wireless router in a different location?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried changing the wireless channel that you are using?

In my experience an average house should be covered ok by the Eircom router but then again there are so many variables in each situation it can be hard to diagnose whats wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

How do ya change the wireless channel that you are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭iarann

tagoona wrote: »
    The easiest way is something like:
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/devolo-microlink-dlan-highspeed-starter-kit-3RYL.html?refs=49980000
    It's not cheap though.

Have you tried placing the wireless router in a different location?

Aldi had units like these a few months ago and they worked a treat and were reasonabally priced, they sometime come around again.

Have a look at where the wireless router is, you might find that by moving it it will sort your problems. Things like metal (fridges etc) , walls etc will affect the signal. Reposition the antennas, the signal usually radiates outwards from antennas so by putting them flat rather than up it may help.

Ideally move the router to the middle of the house, as others indicated it should work. I have mine in the kitchen & have good service in the 3rd floor attic and can see my neighbours as well.

Advertisement