Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free cardboard boxes?

• 26-11-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

hi there!

does anyone know where to get free cardboard boxes? my friends are moving house and are going to need a tonne.

if someone could recommend a business (that throw away boxes) that i could contact or even a website then i would really appreciate it.

thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,446 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try your local book shop. The boxes they use tend to be sturdy, but you may need a roll of brown tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ipad

cheers victor. we'll give it a try, hope they're big boxes!

in the meantime, keep the suggestings coming :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Go to a shopping centre and ask the service desk if you can get some boxes - usually thousands at the back of stores in big bins ready for recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I'm sure I saw a few ads for boxes (possibly) free on www.adverts.ie recently. Well worth a look...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ipad

thanks lads.

tried the bookstore and local tesco but a lot of the boxes are torn/badly damaged.

keeping an eye on adverts.ie though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Don't look any further than your local green grocer, they'll have loads of boxes on a daily basis and will only be delighted to give them away

Advertisement