Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameron Court - Cork St D8

Options
  • 26-11-2009 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi :),

Just wondering if anybody lives in Cameron Court on Cork St?

I am considering buying a 1 bed apartment there. I like the block and the flat itself. They want €168k for a 1 bed section 23 apartment, parking is €10k extra. I have mortgage approval.

I'm particularly interested in

- are the management company good/bad?
    - are half the residents paying management fees and half not?
    - is the carpark secure?
    - have you had any structural/fittings problems eg flooding, bad plumbing, low quality fittings?
    - are the neighbours noisy? (it's Section 23 so presumably most flats are rented out)
    - are there joyriders going round at night? or much noise from the pikey palace visible from the back of the building? (I had this problem when living in IFSC from Sheriff St residents)
    - if you are renting there, does your landlord give a toss? (if landlords neglect the flat, the block won't be worth much in 10 years time)

Any advice given would be much appreciated!

hihifrds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

hihifrds wrote: »
    Hi :),Just wondering if anybody lives in Cameron Court on Cork St? I am considering buying a 1 bed apartment there. I like the block and the flat itself. They want €168k for a 1 bed section 23 apartment, parking is €10k extra. I have mortgage approval.

I'm particularly interested in
    - are the management company good/bad?
    That's something which is relative to who you're talking to. One person could say they're great and another could say they're sh1t. A good indication is how much of a bad debt the MC carries due to unpaid fees
    - are half the residents paying management fees and half not?
    you can request this information from the MA via your solicitor before you sign
    - is the carpark secure?
    it most probably has gates. is that what you mean by secure?
    - have you had any structural/fittings problems eg flooding, bad plumbing, low quality fittings?
    have a survey carried out before signing
    - are the neighbours noisy? (it's Section 23 so presumably most flats are rented out)
    probably because it's a high density complex
    - are there joyriders going round at night? or much noise from the pikey palace visible from the back of the building? (I had this problem when living in IFSC from Sheriff St residents)
    quite probable given it's location and the fact that Cork St is a long straight road.
    - if you are renting there, does your landlord give a toss? (if landlords neglect the flat, the block won't be worth much in 10 years time)
    Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Personally I would touch a one bedroom apartment there, for that kind of money, with a barge pole.

Advertisement