Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 7D + Which Lens???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Is the 7D necessary for someone new to DSLR? The money could go a lot further....
    The 18-135 is actually quite a nice lens, from the short experience I've had with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

get a standard lens and learn to take pictures

a 50mm f/1.8 would be grand for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

The 7d is a crackin camera, and extremely fast. Both lens are nice. I have the 28-135, though I use it on a film camera. Beautiful lens, really solid and nice glass. Good fast autofocus too, and quiet.

If I remember correctly, the 18-135 isn't a USM lens. This would make it a little bit slower to focus, which seems kind of an odd choice to pair with such a fast camera....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

you'll need good lenses with an 18mp aps-c sensor, otherwise all youre getting is interloped pixels

35mm f1.4L (f2 version is sharp but bokeh is harsh)
    *17-40mm f4L
    *sigma 50mm f1.4
    85mm f1.8
    100mm f2
    70-200mm f4L(great value) / 135mm f2L / 200mm f2.8

*everyday use

Advertisement