Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Xbox should I buy?

• 26-11-2009 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I don't know much about xboxs just that I played my mates the other date and I'm gonna buy one now, I was gonna buy a ps3 but my friends theres not much point as its more expensive and the online isn't as good.

so Should i buy an xbox or ps3?

and if I buy an xbox what is the difference between the white one and the black one?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

black is the elite, have abigger harddrive, i prefer xbox over ps3, but thats just me, if you have money i would go with the elite, im thinking of upgrading to elite myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭thegoodlife

Yeah just did a bit of research der on the net, it seems the arcade only has 256mb and the elite has 120gb!! If I'm right I don't think 256mb would be enough and that you would have to buy a hard drive or a memorey card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

if you are going to be playing it a lot i would get the elite

I think I will be playing it quite a bit and I'm considering getting xbox live.

anybody have any experience with xbox live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Also it will be hella noisy if you have dont have a hard drive to install games on, playing from disc is still louder than is acceptable even on new models :mad:
    plus it speeds up load times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

xbox live is very good.well worth the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

so Should i buy an xbox or ps3?

Well it is an xbox forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

go for the 250gb super elite

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Well it is an xbox forum...

That doesnt necessarily mean everyone here would recommend an xbox over a ps3.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

OP, get the elite, you should be able to get a god deal on one if you're patient and look around

The 256mb memory card in the arcade is useless in the long run, you really need a hard drive to do anything interesting with the 360, whats more you get the hdmi cable with the elite which is handy:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jesus!tony

Since the pro model is gone, I think the only way to go is the elite.
    Xbox Live is well worth the money imo. When you think about it its less than a euro a week. Tip: Buying xbox live on the internet will save you alot from what i've seen around.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    OP, get the elite, you should be able to get a god deal on one if you're patient and look around

The 256mb memory card in the arcade is useless in the long run, you really need a hard drive to do anything interesting with the 360, whats more you get the hdmi cable with the elite which is handy:)

Ive looked at them a little further and Ive decided I will be gettin the elite your right Zonda thanks.
    jesus!tony wrote: »
    Since the pro model is gone, I think the only way to go is the elite.
    Xbox Live is well worth the money imo. When you think about it its less than a euro a week. Tip: Buying xbox live on the internet will save you alot from what i've seen around.

Can you tell me what all you do with xbox live? a few of the main features maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

That doesnt necessarily mean everyone here would recommend an xbox over a ps3.:rolleyes:

You're right.

Get a PS3.

Advertisement