Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland transfers/rumours [Mod Note Post #1, #750]

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Who is "us"?

I'm not really much of a regular here.
    Sorry, Bohs

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Being reported on Bohs forum that the budget has been approved and the signings registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

bohsman2 wrote: »
    that the budget has been approved
    Fudgerrific

Des wrote: »
    Fudgerrific

We honestly haven't done anything wrong. Our plans since the end of last season was a bigger than 40% decrease in budget and a breakeven season for 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

We honestly haven't done anything wrong. Our plans since the end of last season was a bigger than 40% decrease in budget and a breakeven season for 2010.

I think a lot of people find it difficult to believe that Bohs complied with the 65% rule last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

fh041205 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people find it difficult to believe that Bohs complied with the 65% rule last year.

If Bohs complied with the 65% rule, what happened to the other 35% of their large budget?

It was close alright but once Johnny Logan got involved it was never in doubt.

The other 35%? Unfortunately we can't just write off 96% of our debts like well run clubs do so there was plenty of non playing staff bills to be paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It was close alright but once Johnny Logan got involved it was never in doubt.

The other 35%? Unfortunately we can't just write off 96% of our debts like well run clubs do so there was plenty of non playing staff bills to be paid.
    Non playing staff that also play a bit?

Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are playing astro leagues or over 35s or whatever.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are playing astro leagues or over 35s or whatever.

or LOI......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

or LOI......:rolleyes:

Im sure Toccy, Fenlon and O'Brien would all walk into most teams in the league I think it would have been noticed. Did see O'Brien play on that indoor seniors thing on sky a few years ago though.

Not a great difference in standard i'd say, just that some stupid **** that run clubs will pay you ridiculous amounts of money to do one, the other you need to pay €80 an hour for a nice pitch

WTF:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

WTF:confused:

cantgetnosleep has a thing for the LOI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not sure why he's allowed to troll LOI threads so much?

He's been doing it forever it would seem.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    cantgetnosleep has a thing for the LOI.

Ah I see.

3 ex LOI players played in one game in PL today, is that a record for our **** league?

2 ex saints 1 scored other got an assist :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

3 ex LOI players played in one game in PL today, is that a record for our **** league?

2 ex saints 1 scored other got an assist :)
    Ah, but they only became Premier League-quality after they began playing in the Premier League.

Drogs have winding up order agasint them. Our game called off vs them on wednesday :|

Drogs have winding up order agasint them. Our game called off vs them on wednesday :|

We'll be lucky to get the PD fixture list anytime soon....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Any ITK Drogs here wanna give us the scope?

By who? First I heard of it. Things are a mess atm but no winding up orders AFAIK. Budget not accepted by FAI so we can't sign players and thus can't compete in competitive games.

By who? First I heard of it. Things are a mess atm but no winding up orders AFAIK. Budget not accepted by FAI so we can't sign players and thus can't compete in competitive games.

todays daily mail

todays daily mail

The second time in as many weeks they've said that. It was way off-target the first time and I expect its the same now. Can you give me the jist of it by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

St Patrick's Athletic have signed Conor Kenna from Drogheda United

Good signing for us.

• Advertisement

Heard that rumour alright. Can't blame him, and I doubt he'll be the last to go. You'd have to wonder how much longer Mathews will be around also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Micheal Daly on his way back to Oriel too I think. I do hope drogs pull thorugh this.

Yup odd considering a few weeks ago they outbid us for Harris Kenna and O Connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Yup odd considering a few weeks ago they outbid us for Harris Kenna and O Connor

They also had a higher bid for Crowe, but then again, so did Fingal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ex-red striker was back training with us last week, and it ain't Rowe.:(

• Advertisement

Sarge wrote: »
    Micheal Daly on his way back to Oriel too I think. I do hope drogs pull thorugh this.

And Ross Gaynor allegedly. Are you sure Pats offered Harris a contract dreamers75? I really find it hard to believe he'd chose us over Pats anyday given what he's said in the past about us.

Ross Gaynor and Liam Burns Signed by Dundalk today ! Squad seems to be taken shape now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ex-red striker was back training with us last week, and it ain't Rowe.:(
    Its Forsythe isn't it?

And Ross Gaynor allegedly. Are you sure Pats offered Harris a contract dreamers75? I really find it hard to believe he'd chose us over Pats anyday given what he's said in the past about us.

He was offered a 1 year with us, you gave him 2.

Dundalk sign Stephen Maher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Has this been confirmed Sarge? orielweb and dundalkfc.com are blocked in work. Good signing if true. Looked decent in Sunday's friendly and the Pats fans seem to think he was decent.
    Delighted with Burns and Gaynor signing. If we could only get re-sign McGowen I feel we would have a far stronger squad than we had this time last year.

Sarge wrote: »
    Dundalk sign Stephen Maher.

Decent player, one of the few of our team last season fans wouldnt have minded seeing back.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/fai-come-under-fire-for-jumping-gun-on-contracts-2055634.html

FAI come under fire for jumping gun on contracts

By Daniel McDonnell and Neil Ahern

Wednesday February 10 2010

PFAI chief Stephen McGuinness has criticised the FAI for issuing official contracts to Drogheda United to sign new players before their budget was sanctioned.

Worried recruits now fear they are tied to the Louth club after they were asked to take a pay cut before a ball has been kicked in the new League of Ireland season.

Drogheda organised an information meeting for fans last night to discuss their plight after their latest budget submission was refused by the FAI. It's understood they are dealing with a deficit in the region of €30,000 and there is some hope that a major sponsor might be willing to help out.

However, they have angered players by asking them to take a 12.5pc pay cut, although some signings have offered to take part in fundraising initiatives.

Others are aggrieved though, with Drogheda having outbid St Patrick's Athletic and Dundalk to snap up available talent before it emerged they didn't have the money to pay them in full for the entire campaign.

Now, the players union have expressed concerns that those who signed the league's Standard Players Contract (SPC) could be bound to an arrangement -- even though the contracts can't be officially registered until Drogheda's figures get the Abbotstown go-ahead.

One player was at the club's United Park base yesterday in search of a copy of his contract and McGuinness believes that the order of registration is all wrong. "Until budgets are agreed, the clubs shouldn't be given out SPC's to sign anyone," he said.

All clubs need their issues resolved ahead of Premier Division licenses being issued next Monday, February 15. The plight of Cork City has attracted most interest and owner Tom Coughlan is now claiming a takeover deal with a British-based consortium could be completed by tomorrow.

Irish firm Quintas, who were in discussions up until last week, were unwilling to inherit debts, and are believed to be considering linking up with supporters group FORAS to launch a new club in the First Division if City are thrown out.

McGuinness feels that the overall situation is ridiculous considering that the new season is scheduled to kick off in just over three weeks on March 5.

"Licensing is the key to getting things right in the league, but the calendar is out of sync," he says. "The next date, the 15th, is an absolute joke. We have all these dates but what do they mean? What are the sanctions for the clubs who have failed to comply?

"The fact is, we're meant to be three weeks away from the new season, but nobody knows what teams will be in the Premier Division, or what the schedule will be."

Meanwhile, striker Ross Gaynor, who was expected to re-sign with Drogheda, now looks Dundalk-bound along with Liam Burns, who played for the Lilywhites last year but had been training with Shamrock Rovers in the hope of securing a contract there.

Its been pointed out on the Drogs forum that most, and in fact almost all of that article is false. We haven't signed any contracts with players. And our budget hasn't even been submitted yet(as of Tuesday anyway, it was going in wed morning AFAIK) so it hasn't been refused.

Yea, theres actually nothing correct in the first half of that article at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Darren Meenan is off to Dundalk apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I'm hearing Liam Burns has re-signed for Dundalk? Bit of a strange one that, given what he had said in the media recently. I thought he was headed for Tallaght?

djpbarry wrote: »
    I thought he was headed for Tallaght?

Trained with Rovers, but I guess the Murray signing may have put paid to a move.

Aaron Greene played for Bohs in a 2-0 win against Malaga B tonight.

He was offered a 1 year with us, you gave him 2.

Any idea of money? Similar offers wage-wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Kevin McHugh had signed for Harps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Aaron Greene played for Bohs in a 2-0 win against Malaga B tonight.

How'd he get on? He was fantastic for us at the end of last season.

We've signed Stephen O'Donnell while Seamus Conneley, Thomas Heary and Bobby Ryan are close to signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

fullstop wrote: »
    Kevin McHugh had signed for Harps :D

I'm seriously not looking forward to this season, on paper it looks by far the most competitive 1st Division since we got demoted, Longford and Athlone have bulid up decent squads, Limerick and Haprs ain't looking to shabby either and Waterford look like serious business.

Foxx92 wrote: »
    How'd he get on? He was fantastic for us at the end of last season.

Set up a goal and one of 4 to play the full 90. Will always be a Bohs legend for the goal and celebration in Tallaght anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Confirmed in today's Daily Star by Sean Connor that we have signed Red Bull Salzburg Juniors and former Austrian U-20 international Ingo Enzenberger.

Predominantly a striker it seems, but is also capable of playing on the wings.

Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingo_Enzenberger

Compilation video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbxde2_eOVo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Confirmed in today's Daily Star by Sean Connor that we have signed Red Bull Salzburg Juniors and former Austrian U-20 international Ingo Enzenberger.

Predominantly a striker it seems, but is also capable of playing on the wings.

Nice player but two questions.

Where the **** did Seanie pull him out of?
    €€€€€?

Advertisement