Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland transfers/rumours [Mod Note Post #1, #750]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gary Rogers - GK
    Dan Connor - GK
    Paul Hunt - GK

Damian Lynch - RB CB CM
    Noel Haverty - RB CB
    Shane Guthrie - CB
    Conor Kenna - CB
    Derek Pender - RB LB
    Ian Bermingham - LB
    Graham Dowling - LB CB
    Neil Harney - CB RB

Stuart Byrne - RB CB CM
    Dave Mulcahy - CM CB
    David McAllister - CM RW
    Conor Sinnot - CM
    Brian Cash - LW RW
    Gareth Coughlan - RW LW
    Ryan Guy - F RW
    Sean Doyle - RW F

Alex Williams - F
    Paul Byrne - F
    Vinny Faherty - F
    Derek Doyle - F RW

Confirmed squad, happy enough with that considering we had 3 players before xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bohsman wrote: »
    Going to be tough all round, we all get to play Bray, UCD and Fingal 4 times, getting new fans and holding on to them is going to be some challenge for everyone.

Yup - even though Derry and Cork {insert_name} not being in the premier is deserved, it's two attractive (and regionally inclusive) fixtures lost with no offence meant to the teams in your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Confirmed squad, happy enough with that considering we had 3 players before xmas.
    Yeah, absolutely. Possibly looking a bit light-weight up front, but the squad has a typical Mahon-esque look of solidity about it. I'd expect a fair share of cleans sheets with a back 5 of Connor, Lynch, Guthrie, Kenna and Bermingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

stovelid wrote: »
    Yup - even though Derry and Cork {insert_name} not being in the premier is deserved, it's two attractive (and regionally inclusive) fixtures lost with no offence meant to the teams in your post.

Would totally agree. Its would be difficult for any league to lose two of its bigger clubs with bigger crowds but hopefully things will come around for both clubs and they will be back in the Premier before long. The top flight needs Derry and Cork and we are just a developing club and cant match up to them yet. Hopefully in the future though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

djpbarry wrote: »
    Yeah, absolutely. Possibly looking a bit light-weight up front, but the squad has a typical Mahon-esque look of solidity about it. I'd expect a fair share of cleans sheets with a back 5 of Connor, Lynch, Guthrie, Kenna and Bermingham.

Don't be expecting him doing much training, loves his oul DVD's, mustn't have the luxury of them back down the country.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Would totally agree. Its would be difficult for any league to lose two of its bigger clubs with bigger crowds but hopefully things will come around for both clubs and they will be back in the Premier before long. The top flight needs Derry and Cork and we are just a developing club and cant match up to them yet. Hopefully in the future though.

No it Doesn't.

Walsh wrote: »
    No it Doesn't.

True. It's surviving quite well without youse?

That's because we ain't Derry or Cork.;)

Walsh wrote: »
    No it Doesn't.

I said big clubs with big crowds ;)

• Advertisement

I said big clubs with big crowds ;)

Oh the ironing.

Oh the ironing.

What?:confused::confused::confused:

ironingcompact6.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

ironingcompact6.jpg

Hilarious. :rolleyes:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Hilarious. :rolleyes:

Your right it is.

Dont you mean Nasting;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

404930.jpg
    wtf is that sitting on the car

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

naughty naughty :p

I like this jersey , its like one of our olds ones and thank god that green blob is gone.

404922.jpg

Cork appealing their winding up so we cant sign Connor atm. Wonder if they going to pay him :rolleyes:

I like this jersey , its like one of our olds ones and thank god that green blob is gone.
    Bit of a throw-back to the glory days alright.

019400.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Joking aside, it could be a bloodbath though? Looking like it could be a pretty tough division for a few years.

More interestingly, Shels will soon run out of clubs to go bust to get out of it..:pac:

I wonder if the Pats groundsman was pleased for a Nissan to be driven and parked on the pitch :)

dfx- wrote: »
    I wonder if the Pats groundsman was pleased for a Nissan to be driven and parked on the pitch :)

Safest place for his car in Inchicore tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

ironingcompact6.jpg

I hate when people laugh at there own jokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Cork appealing their winding up so we cant sign Connor atm. Wonder if they going to pay him :rolleyes:

As far as I know because we are out of the transfer window, he can't leave Cork to sign for another league club until the club is actually disolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sure what's the rush..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

naughty naughty :p

404922.jpg

Was at the press launch today, that jersey is bloody class.

Safest place for his car in Inchicore tbh.
    All part of a cunning plan to strategically place new motors with minimum security features at different locations around the ground in order to distract the Tallaght natives during their visit at the end of April. Other attention-diverting initiatives will include the positioning of ‘Goodfellas’ billboards pitch-side to induce mid-match hunger pangs and a pre-match treasure hunt for LeisurePlex vouchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Was at the press launch today, that jersey is bloody class.
    Pity the model isn't.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/fai-announce-airtricity-as-league-of-ireland-sponsors-447825.html#ixzz0gdi1k4Dv

FAI announce Airtricity as League of Ireland sponsors

Green electricity provider, Airtricity, are to sponsor the League of Ireland for three years.

The partnership deal, which was signed today at the D4 Berkeley Hotel in Ballsbridge for an undisclosed sum, will see the competition renamed the Airtricity League for the next three years.

The agreement will cover the remaining two years of the FAI’s management of the league and will be renewed for a further year, subject to continued FAI management.

The first round of the new Airtricity League kicks off next Friday night, March 5.

In addition to title sponsorship, Airtricity will also have marketing, promotional and branding rights arising from the deal. It will also be the preferred energy partner of the FAI.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Airtricity league sounds absolutle awful

Fun letter sent to the independent

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/best-supporters-are-football-crazy-2076394.html
    AS we approach the climax to the English Premier League, thousands of Irish supporters of English football teams will be anxiously following the progress of their chosen clubs through television and the daily newspapers.

Some might have actually visited their team of choice once or twice this season.

Amid this pseudo support, another Irish football club, Cork City, has regrettably gone to the wall. It never ceases to amaze me how the self-styled "best supporters in the world" never support their own.

The universal response from the Irish when questioned as to why they refuse to support their local Irish football teams is that the standard of football is rubbish. Maybe so. Yet the logical conclusion of such a prevailing attitude if it existed in England would be to scrap every league from the Championship downwards, and for every fan to transfer their allegiance to a Premier League club.

The difference is that the fans of lower league English teams realise that football is about far more than money and instant gratification.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Could be worse. It might have been The Big Switch League of Ireland

oldyouth wrote: »

Could have ads on TV of lads in British club jerseys changing into LoI jerseys.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Could have ads on TV of lads in British club jerseys changing into LoI jerseys.;)

And the barstools changing into stadium seats.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

oldyouth wrote: »

I think they are sponsoring Foras this year .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

doncarlos wrote: »
    Haven't seen this confirmed but I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Has only scored once over the past few season. Not sure what he'd offer Dundalk. Well look at the bright side fh041205, he can't be any worse than Martin or Duffy! :D

He looked pretty good against us. Played in a friendly for us against Bray this morning. Could and should have scored 3 at least. Just unlucky. Still nice to have someone who can actually shoot, run, see the goals for once. Robbie Martin nearly scored a cracker of a goal too!!!..........nearly

I'm a huge fan of Jamie Duffy actually. He was the only thing we had going forward last year. Doesn't say much but he puts in the effort which earns him loads of credit in my book. Besides he covers more ground than Roadrunner...
    Heard this yesterday and was told to keep it on the qt, but since it's out there now, it's supposedly a done deal according to a Pats fan I know.

Did that move defo go through? Connor is supposed to have told a Drogs fan he was looking to sign for Drogheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

fh041205 wrote: »
    Did that move defo go through? Connor is supposed to have told a Drogs fan he was looking to sign for Drogheda.

Oh please God, no! My heart couldn't take the strain if crazy Dan was back in goals for us.

PDN wrote: »
    Oh please God, no! My heart couldn't take the strain if crazy Dan was back in goals for us.

Hes keeping his options open.

Which we means we offered him 500 a week.

Hes keeping his options open.

Which we means we offered him 500 a week.

Can't see where he'll go. He'll not settle for the bench at Tallaght.

PDN wrote: »
    Between himself and Rogers, it could be one kerazy season in Inchicore.

How many confirmed signings has Foras got ahead of the season opener next weekend?

How many confirmed signings has Foras got ahead of the season opener next weekend?

None!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They beat someone 7-0 today

None!

IF they start the season i cant see them lasting and cork mark 9 will be in the news like cork mark 8 was.
    Its like Doctor Who down there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Des wrote: »
    They beat someone 7-0 today
    Crosshaven AFC from the Munster Senior League 3rd-tier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

djpbarry wrote: »
    Between himself and Rogers, it could be one kerazy season in Inchicore.

Two ex-drogs too. We know them all too well...

We've signed Paul Murphy instead. He's one mouthy f*cker judging on yesterdays game...in a good way though.

IF they start the season i cant see them lasting and cork mark 9 will be in the news like cork mark 8 was.
    Its like Doctor Who down there :)

They've been set up a couple of days, give them a break.

They were set up on Saturday?

Give them a break? You havent stopped having a pop at the new boys yet you tell me to give foras a break when they havent a full squad signed up yet. If they were a threat to the sheliban then you would be giving them stick.

• Advertisement

Give them a break? You havent stopped having a pop at the new boys yet you tell me to give foras a break when they havent a full squad signed up yet. If they were a threat to the sheliban then you would be giving them stick.

Club I support is 115 years old, the club you support is Fingal (after jumping the UCD ship if you're the same pineapple stu as is over on fool.ie) who are 3 years old afaik.

They will be a threat to us if they sign the players that played in the friendly in which they won 7-0, some quality players in there.

They be more of a threat to shels next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,601 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Club I support is 115 years old, the club you support is Fingal (after jumping the UCD ship if you're the same pineapple stu as is over on fool.ie) who are 3 years old afaik.

In fairness to pineapple stu gavin, it is not his fault Fingal were only set up 3 years ago, clubs have to come from somewhere or else we may only have about 18 clubs in the League. If he is pineapple stu who switched from UCD thats a different topic altogether.

Anyway, the first division looks like it could be very tasty this year, havn't been keeping the closest eye on it over the close season but would seem that there is a good 7 teams who could have ambitions of a play-off spot? Hopefully it makes for some good football.

Its starting to look like a strong first division and it would be a good time for MNS or rte etc to start showing live first division games. Waterford V Derry looks like it could be a better game than many that will be shown in the Premier.
    Shels looked doomed for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Its starting to look like a strong first division and it would be a good time for MNS or rte etc to start showing live first division games. Waterford V Derry looks like it could be a better game than many that will be shown in the Premier.
    Shels looked doomed for another year.
    If you don't have a clue, it'd be best not to act like you do. Ever seen Byrne, Ryan, Clarke, Forsyth, Gorman, Hughes or Haran play? No of course you haven't, nor have you seen any of the Derry or Cork players so why waffle about things you know nothing about?

• Advertisement
Advertisement