Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland transfers/rumours [Mod Note Post #1, #750]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cummins signed for COCO POPS FC, tits.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

CSF wrote: »
    If you don't have a clue, it'd be best not to act like you do. Ever seen Byrne, Ryan, Clarke, Forsyth, Gorman, Hughes or Haran play? No of course you haven't, nor have you seen any of the Derry or Cork players so why waffle about things you know nothing about?

Why do you think he hasnt?

He said "Shels look doomed for another year", I'm guessing that's where CSF picked it up from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd say theres about 2 in the whole population of Fingal fans who have, do you think he has? Or are you just playing the devils advocate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

When did he switch allegiances?

Funny stuff.

Pretty sure its not the same bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

If you don't have a clue, it'd be best not to act like you do. Ever seen Byrne, Ryan, Clarke, Forsyth, Gorman, Hughes or Haran play? No of course you haven't, nor have you seen any of the Derry or Cork players so why waffle about things you know nothing about?

Now how can you say i havent ? :D

There are stronger teams than shels in the first this year so im pretty sure come xmas the sheliban will be hoping for a premier team not to get a premier licence and that they get offered a place cos they cant do it on the pitch.
    There will be 2 teams going up from the first this year in my opinion and the red ****e wont be one of them :D And thats not wishful thinking .

I'd say theres about 2 in the whole population of Fingal fans who have, do you think he has? Or are you just playing the devils advocate?

What you say and what is fact is totally diffrent :D

Now how can you say i havent ? :D

There are stronger teams than shels in the first this year so im pretty sure come xmas the sheliban will be hoping for a premier team not to get a premier licence and that they get offered a place cos they cant do it on the pitch.
    There will be 2 teams going up from the first this year in my opinion and the red ****e wont be one of them :D And thats not wishful thinking .
    Please list your experience of our new players (other than the 1s signed from you) and of those signed by Derry and Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Pretty sure its not the same bloke.

Yeah must be a different guy.

That guy on foot.ie is one of better reasoned posters around.

Pretty sad that he's trying to steal his online identity.

• Advertisement

true dat

Please list your experience of our new players (other than the 1s signed from you) and of those signed by Derry and Cork.

Great a test :D

Yeah must be a different guy.

That guy on foot.ie is one of better reasoned posters around.

You wont find a post i made saying im the guy off fools.ie .

but for some silly reason you decided to use the same name as him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So why are you using the same username??

Great a test :D
    No cmon, tell me about our weaknesses, and their strengths, not just Player A is good, and Player B is bad. But since you know so much as to write Shels off before a ball is kicked, please give us an intelligent reasoning as to why this is the case, and for brownie points in your test, avoid using a single smiley face while doing it.

Des wrote: »
    but for some silly reason you decided to use the same name as him?

It was available and on a diffrent board and my first name is STU and im fond of pineapples so i didnt know there was a copyright in place so nobody else across the net could use the username.

It was available and on a diffrent board and my first name is STU and im fond of pineapples so i didnt know there was a copyright in place so nobody else across the net could use the username.

You are correct, there is no copyright in place.

Still a shítty thing to do though.

monkey9 wrote: »
    So why are you using the same username??

I bet you are not the only monkey9 on the net.

• Advertisement

You are correct, there is no copyright in place.

Still a shítty thing to do though.

It would if i had claimed to be him/her , but i havent so have a biscuit.

Are you looking forward to the opening matches ?

Are you looking forward to the opening matches ?

No, I effing hate the LoI.

I'm looking forward to seeing Shels again though.

No cmon, tell me about our weaknesses, and their strengths, not just Player A is good, and Player B is bad. But since you know so much as to write Shels off before a ball is kicked, please give us an intelligent reasoning as to why this is the case, and for brownie points in your test, avoid using a single smiley face while doing it.

I said the same thing last year and i was right :D . Third or fourth i think shells will finish this year.

I said the same thing last year and i was right :D . Third or fourth i think shells will finish this year.
    So no intelligent reasoning coming from yourself? Just wild predictions that are automatically right because you were right last year?

shells

Oh my!

No, I effing hate the LoI.

I'm looking forward to seeing Shels again though.

I think it will be a good season allround.

• Advertisement

So no intelligent reasoning coming from yourself? Just wild predictions that are automatically right because you were right last year?

I didnt say it was automatically right just how i see it finishing :)

Oh my!

Whats wrong ?

Whats wrong ?

Who are Shells?

I didnt say it was automatically right just how i see it finishing :)
    But you've no knowledge or insight to share with us as to why you think it might finish that way, correct? Other than some generic remark like 'It happend last year:D Shels are bottlers;)'

Who are Shells?

Ive said that many of time myself :D

• Advertisement

But you've no knowledge or insight to share with us as to why you think it might finish that way, correct? Other than some generic remark like 'It happend last year:D Shels are bottlers;)'

And you have no way of knowing i will be wrong just wishing i am

you're tiring me now fake-pineapple stu, I'm going to bed.

And you have no way of knowing i will be wrong just wishing i am
    Nope I've no crystal ball, and anything can happen, but I can articulate my point quite well as to why I think we're in with an excellent chance (and will if you want), whereas you've proved you've absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and haven't the foggiest of what the teams will be like this year.

Don't forget, chances are your wild prediction is right. Every single team in the league this year would be odds on to not win the league, and as with anything odds on theres a greater chance of it happening than it not happening. That makes your opinion no more intelligent or valid though, because you can't back it up with anything other than nonsensical quips and smileys, I'll leave it at that, however I will respond and discuss this with you further if you've footballing points to make on the way you see the First Division going and why. Not just nonsensical wild predictions.

Ive said that many of time myself :D

By the looks of it you seem like a WUM who hasn't a bog notion about the League and/or any club except possibly Sporting Franchise. And trying to rip off another well-known League of Ireland poster on fool.ie.

WATERFORD
    DERRY
    FORAS
    shells
    Thats how is see it finishing and it has nothing to do with my dislike for shells.

WATERFORD
    DERRY
    FORAS
    shells
    Thats how is see it finishing and it has nothing to do with my dislike for shells.
    Come on, tell us why.

Love to know that to. Also it's Shels, and has been for 115 years. Also what's with the caps lock, your key broken or something?

By the looks of it you seem like a WUM who hasn't a bog notion about the League and/or any club except possibly Sporting Franchise. And trying to rip off another well-known League of Ireland poster on fool.ie.

WUM ? rip off ?
    Why do shells fans think its only them that knows everything about the league.
    WUM? No but you have done plenty of that havent you GAV,
    Rip off ? No.

Love to know that to. Also it's Shels, clearly 115 years of history is slipping your mind Stu. Also what's with the caps lock, your key broken or something?

Why do shells fans keep going on about their 115 years of history ? Its the future that counts.
    Nothing wrong with my caps lock :)

WUM ? rip off ?
    Why do shells fans think its only them that knows everything about the league.

Do we? Most of the regular LoI posters on here know plenty about the League and those who don't, tend not to post out of their arse unlike yourself.

• Advertisement

Come on, tell us why.

Why what ?

WATERFORD
    DERRY
    FORA
    S
    shells
    Nothing wrong with my caps lock :)

Clearing is!

Also you're mutli-quoting button on boards must be broken too.

Do we? Most of the regular LoI posters on here know plenty about the League and those who don't, tend not to post out of their arse unlike yourself.

Pot kettle black Gav.
    You seem to get upset with anyone that says they dont think shells will win the league.

Clearing is!

Also you're mutli-quoting button on boards must be broken too.

Now that is :D

All i said was earlier that i think shells will be doomed again this year and you and the other shells fan have gone ape doo doos .;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Ok Stu , you have your opinion now back it up!

Why do you think Foras a team that has 2 players on the books will finish ahead of Shels, what leads you to believe that Waterford wil finish ahead of Derry, what do you know about each of their Squads, do you not think Derry have a better chance of winning the league because of their blend of expeirienced playes like Farren, Molloy, Doherty, McCallion and McChrystal and talented young lads like Harkin and Shane McEleney, or are you just talking out your arse!

You are a WUM and have been for years on different fora! (just seen that you copied the name from a ucd fan, if i had of known this I would not have validated your existance by adressing you in any way)

Ok Stu , you have your opinion now back it up!

Why do you think Foras a team that has 2 players on the books will finish ahead of Shels, what leads you to believe that Waterford wil finish ahead of Derry, what do you know about each of their Squads, do you not think Derry have a better chance of winning the league because of their blend of expeirienced playes like Farren, Molloy, Doherty, McCallion and McChrystal and talented young lads like Harkin and Shane McEleney, or are you just talking out your arse!

You are a WUM and have been for years on different fora! (just seen that you copied the name from a ucd fan, if i had of known this I would not have validated your existance by adressing you in any way)

I was gonna tell you until i saw the last bit.
    im a wum for saying i dont think shells will go up ? and for years? how did you come up with that ?

Just because i have the same username as someone else on a diffrent site doesnt mean i copied it now does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Gav you're sad for rowing with him. Just leave him to talk to himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

62483229dkv5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Using derogatory terms is against the forum charter. There seems to be a sub-group of users that are happy to use them about other teams but then hit report post any time their team is hit with similar. The forum is not going to become a free for all, and future instances in this thread will be met with a ban. If you can't discuss your league and teams like adults then find somewhere else to post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Jesus. What happened since I last posted:D. Didnt think this page would have moved on so much. Funny stuff.

I think its quite obvious that CSF(DSB) and GAV have fallen for the antics they get up to on here and other threads themselves. Lads while yous are right to question whether he knows what he is talking about and maybe question whether he is a wum or not, it does seem a little rich coming from two people who get up the same, time and time again.

Advertisement