Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland transfers/rumours [Mod Note Post #1, #750]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jesus. What happened since I last posted:D. Didnt think this page would have moved on so much. Funny stuff.

I think its quite obvious that CSF(DSB) and GAV have fallen for the antics they get up to on here and other threads themselves. Lads while yous are right to question whether he knows what he is talking about and maybe question whether he is a wum or not, it does seem a little rich coming from two people who get up the same, time and time again.
    If you ever feel I'm up to the same, feel free to challenge me on it. I've no desire to wind up anyone. Just because my opinions on Fingal weren't and aren't positive ones, doesn't mean I'm trying to wind anyone up, and credit to myself I've always given reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

CSF wrote: »
    If you ever feel I'm up to the same, feel free to challenge me on it. I've no desire to wind up anyone. Just because my opinions on Fingal weren't and aren't positive ones, doesn't mean I'm trying to wind anyone up, and credit to myself I've always given reasons.

As if that hasnt happened.

Im not just talking about fingal either. Anyway thats all I have to say to you on it. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

LOL, the first division is going to be interesting this season. Wait unitl yis actually start playing each other... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Connor signed for Pats awaiting FAI clearance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Our board told a fans forum this evening that this is expected to be our last season in Tolka Park, with renting Dalymount our immediate future. Richmond is the back up.

Horrible news.

We made a 10k profit last season.

We are working on a reduced budget from last season.

We will have an A Championship team this season.

The Ballybough End will be closed for this season, because we couldn't afford the repairs to bring it up to licence standards. (understandable if we are clearing out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Des wrote: »

We are working on a reduced budget from last season.

Under €5,000.

Under €5,000.

It would be that a game to rent Richmond or Dalymount :eek:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    It would be that a game to rent Richmond or Dalymount :eek:

Doubt it, unless Shams were paying a huge amount more than renting Tolka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Is it just me or do all the Bohs players from Dublin sound the same?!

Paul Keegan's been in the league way too long. No one from the heart of Castleknock talks like that (except Farreller of course).

The Ballybough End will be closed for this season,

And so it begins. I'll never probably see Tolka as a supporter again.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Our board told a fans forum this evening that this is expected to be our last season in Tolka Park, with renting Dalymount our immediate future. Richmond is the back up.
    Where are ye going to play in the medium/long-term future? Build a new stadium or redevelop Tolka?

Doubt it, unless Shams were paying a huge amount more than renting Tolka.

Whatever the rent, Bohs are probably spending it at this minute. :)

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    Where are ye going to play in the medium/long-term future? Build a new stadium or redevelop Tolka?

Dalymount! Once Tolka is sorted it will be sold away to pay off all of Accolade Ltd's debt (aka Ollies) and Shelbourne FC Ltd. (the company which owns Shelbourne now) will be debt-free but without a stadium.

Medium/long-term future seems to be invested in Dalymount, there will be little or no money left for Shelbourne once Tolka is sold and all of Accolade Ltd. debts are paid. Only chance of having a stadium built is if Dublin City Council offer, the Government or Dublin Docklands Development Authority manage to get through the recession with loads of money and continue the plans of buliding us a stadium in Rinsgend/Irishtown and at the moment none of thoe avenues are going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Anyone get The Mirror LOI pullout today? It's going to be a busy season in Dalymount with not only Bohs but also Drogheda United and Galway United playing their home games in there!!! Some strange squad lists too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

I appreciate Airtricity sponsoring the LOI but the name just sounds sooooooo shite! :mad:

Xavi6 wrote: »

Paul Keegan's been in the league way too long. No one from the heart of Castleknock talks like that (except Farreller of course).

Baz Murphy looks one of those shell-shocked hostages in the Middle East you see on the TV from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Lollymcd wrote: »
    Anyone get The Mirror LOI pullout today? It's going to be a busy season in Dalymount with not only Bohs but also Drogheda United and Galway United playing their home games in there!!! Some strange squad lists too...

The Pats squad was printed as the UCD squad :D.

The Star guide is out tomorrow afaik, it's usually better.

I actually bought the Sun today for the guide. I feel dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

stovelid wrote: »
    I actually bought the Sun today for the guide. I feel dirty.

Was it worth it?!?!

OH is a diehard Liverpool fan so The Sun would not be tolerated in this house!

Lollymcd wrote: »
    Was it worth it?!?!

Nah, but you take all the LOI media you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Could they not even of called it the Airtricity League Of Ireland? Why does it just have to be Airtricity League, sounds ridiculous.

you sound ridiculous

SantryRed wrote: »
    Could they not even of called it the Airtricity League Of Ireland? Why does it just have to be Airtricity League, sounds ridiculous.

Its Atrocity League of ireland

tm dodges missus.

you sound ridiculous

:(

Its Atrocity League of ireland

tm dodges missus.

http://www.airtricityleague.com/

SantryRed wrote: »

a·troc·i·ty
       /əˈtrɒsɪti/ Show Spelled[uh-tros-i-tee]
    the quality or state of being atrocious.
    an atrocious act, thing, or circumstance.

Thanks for letting us know what atrocity means.

Thanks for letting us know what atrocity means.

Np your fellow Shels fans obviously forgot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Baz Murphy looks one of those shell-shocked hostages in the Middle East you see on the TV from time to time.

You'll be glad to see he's taking pleasure in watching Bohs players getting hurt.

byrnehitsmadden.jpg

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote: »
    You'll be glad to see he's taking pleasure in watching Bohs players getting hurt.

Dont we all :p

What's the story with the Bohs crest and the yellow outline? looks poxy

What's the story with the Bohs crest and the yellow outline? looks poxy

Il like it, but not the effect on the v-neck. Looks like a training top with buttons or something.

New Rovers kit will have the yellow crest-trim too by the looks of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

pants.

What's wrong with the one I paid 50 quid for in August >=[

Voltwad wrote: »
    pants.

What's wrong with the one I paid 50 quid for in August >=[

It's a Rovers jersey, that's what wrong with it.

Il like it, but not the effect on the v-neck. Looks like a training top with buttons or something.

New Rovers kit will have the yellow crest-trim too by the looks of things

Sometimes you think Umbro cant out retard themselves then they go superoutretard themselves.
    The kit will be revealed on this website on Friday and makes its debut in our first home game of the season v's St Patrick's Athletic on March 16th.

Make it a Rovers St Pat's double with the first home league game v's St Pat's on March 16th followed by the new kit launch in the Megastore on March 17th, St Patrick's Day.

So you will wear your new gear in front of a sellout crowd then only sell it to them THE NEXT DAY!!!

Meh suppose better than us waiting till August but retarded nonetheless.

• Advertisement

Away kit launch was very well attended in fairness. All the brouhaha is more for the kids and something a bit different I suppose.

:confused:

It's a Rovers jersey

Cheers mate.

I was getting a bit sick of all that Shams stuff if truth be told.

Away kit launch was very well attended in fairness. All the brouhaha is more for the kids and something a bit different I suppose.

but your playing the day before in front of 6000 people with money!!!!

Im just jealous really umbro dont own our shop so we have to get in line and wait 7 months for our new jersey, altho if buy one for my team i can have it in 3 weeks. They are trying to buy a pirce of our shop atm hilarity should ensue ;)

not bitter at all. not in the slightest........

Im just jealous really umbro dont own our shop so we have to get in line and wait 7 months for our new jersey, altho if buy one for my team i can have it in 3 weeks. They are trying to buy a pirce of our shop atm hilarity should ensue ;)

Cheer up. I think your sticker is still up in Tallaght. :D

• Advertisement

Cheer up. I think your sticker is still up in Tallaght. :D

meh **** that, his son plays for Fingal now. judas **** :D

its meaning is lost now.

Delighted with the quality Bohs are getting of Umbro at the moment.

bohsman wrote: »
    Delighted with the quality Bohs are getting of Umbro at the moment.

I like the Umbro shirt designs at the minute.

Some of the Rovers stuff is really nice too: stuff you would actually wear like the cagoules, fleeces and tees. I assume they do similar lines for Bohs.

Yea, think Bohs and Rovers are the ony Irish teams getting their own stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Ah now, truth be told 'tis a Sham(s) jersey.

What happened to Robert Bayly? Has he signed for anyone?

What happened to Robert Bayly? Has he signed for anyone?

Didn't he play for Drogheda or Dundalk pre-season?

If Turner signing is approved, I can see little need for Bayly, given the promising showing of Chambers in pre-season.

Didn't he play for Drogheda or Dundalk pre-season?

If Turner signing is approved, I can see little need for Bayly, given the promising showing of Chambers in pre-season.
    I didn't make it to any pre-season games. I hear Bradley has looked better too? I like the look of Bayly but as you said, Turner will more than suffice assuming it all goes through.

On another note, finally got my season ticket in the post. Well excited now :)

I didn't make it to any pre-season games. I hear Bradley has looked better too? I like the look of Bayly but as you said, Turner will more than suffice assuming it all goes through.

On another note, finally got my season ticket in the post. Well excited now :)

Bradser looked good, and scored against Bray and Celtic (peno). Think it suits him not having to firefight as much in the new formation that MON has been tinkering with.

I'd be more than happy with a central midfield squad of Bradser, Turner, Chambers and Rice.

Bradser looked good, and scored against Bray and Celtic (peno). Think it suits him not having to firefight as much in the new formation that MON has been tinkering with.

I'd be more than happy with a central midfield squad of Bradser, Turner, Chambers and Rice.
    At least now it looks better in the centre as that's often where we lost the battle last season, Ricer not able to it alone etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement