Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland transfers/rumours [Mod Note Post #1, #750]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

elshambo wrote: »
    Indo-Smindo

Aye, I didn't write it, like. Just posted it on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

gimmick wrote: »
    Just showed how small time he is.

That's why he fitted in so well at Shels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pure Cork wrote: »

Your club is coming apart at the seams, has a chequered history of paying players and other people owed money including ex-staff and bus drivers.

Your club is the latest in a long, long list of Cork clubs who have failed, and is currently itself failing.

Your club has been in existence since 1984, a huge length of time I'm sure you'll agree.

And you have the temerity to call Shels small time.

Jesus christ, would you not be better served worrying about your own club's shortcomings and failings, rather than taking cheap half-assed digs at a club which is back on the up?

obsessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Indeed, because winning three titles in four seasons is the hallmark of a small time club :rolleyes:

Byrne was an integral part of that mediocrity.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Indeed, because winning three titles in four seasons is the hallmark of a small time club :rolleyes:

Byrne was an integral part of that mediocrity.

Ollie Byrne was an integral part of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Is Cretaro definitely coming in? Not too sure about him tbh. Delighted with the acquisition of Chambers. Would love to see some top quality partner for Ricer still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Its still between Bohs and Rovers for Cretaro apparently, Sun claims he has agreed a deal with us, not sure about him either, would have been perfectly happy with Byrne and Madden up front next season.

Ever hear either of the phrases

"Don't speak ill of the dead"

or

"If you've nothing good to say then don't say anything at all"?

You fúcking scumbag troll.

Des wrote: »
    Ever hear either of the phrases

"Don't speak ill of the dead"

or

"If you've nothing good to say then don't say anything at all"?

You fúcking scumbag troll.

So he wasn't an integral part of Shels success? :confused:

• Advertisement

So he wasn't an integral part of Shels success? :confused:

You know what you were doing.

bohsman wrote: »
    Its still between Bohs and Rovers for Cretaro apparently, Sun claims he has agreed a deal with us, not sure about him either, would have been perfectly happy with Byrne and Madden up front next season.

Wouldn't say no to RC (who would?) but I think we need to strengthen more in other areas to be honest. Footballing /scoring midfielder and a centre-half is more of a priority. I'm happy enough to go with Twigg, Barrett, Baker and Cowan this season although I guess that RC could play wide for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Haverty Gavin
    ......Guy

Dunno whether we should got with a 1 1 1 or a 2 0 1 maybe a 1 0 2 and all out attack.

Your club is coming apart at the seams, has a chequered history of paying players and other people owed money including ex-staff and bus drivers.

Your club is the latest in a long, long list of Cork clubs who have failed, and is currently itself failing.

Your club has been in existence since 1984, a huge length of time I'm sure you'll agree.

And you have the temerity to call Shels small time.

Jesus christ, would you not be better served worrying about your own club's shortcomings and failings, rather than taking cheap half-assed digs at a club which is back on the up?

obsessed.
    I know what's going on at City. There's no need to have a go, I know the league is a complete joke. Shels are a club on the up? Ye're still stuck in the First Divison, at least for now. Hilarious watching UCD and Fingal finishing ahead of ye. Obsessed? Doubt it kid. Probably my first post about Shels in years (please search through my old posts to prove me wrong), building up for the First Division next season. You must be talking about Shels fans obsession with City.
    You know what you were doing.
    Can't even mention the guys name without people overreacting.

So.....back on topic.....Foster to Dundalk.....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

We need some back up though, as Hughes is still in college and isn't training full time from what I've heard.

I've only seen Cretaro in the final against Fingal but I thought his general play was quite good, if not his finishing, think he's make a good partner for Byrne

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Clarke signed for Fingal today :(

Judas :D

Rumour been going after the Shels rumour last season.:D

He's dead, have some respect ffs. He made this league, he fought the FAI, he may have over spent but he done what he thought was good for Shels and if I didn't feel that I wouldn't have went to his removal. we're paying our way back, no court orders, no court bypasses, no nothing.

Haverty Gavin
    ......Guy

Dreamers, if there any truth in the whisper that we've signed Enda Stevens from yis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Galway united are looking to issue legal preceedings against dundalk and foster after he was revealed as manager despite having a year left on his contract in Galway.

stovelid wrote: »
    Dreamers, if there any truth in the whisper that we've signed Enda Stevens from yis?

Signed yesterday, wouldnt get to used to him some decent coaching and he will be in England by summer time.

My player of the year for Pats, not a great full back but superb going forward with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

went to school with this lad back in Drimnagh and saw him play while he was in Templeogue. Been ultra impressed with him thus far and would be a great one for the future especially.

• Advertisement

Offered a 3 year contract (clever Rovers) signed a 1 year (clever Stevens)

Im gonna stick my head out and say there is no chance he will be playing football in ireland next september :D

Signed yesterday, wouldnt get to used to him some decent coaching and he will be in England by summer time.

My player of the year for Pats, not a great full back but superb going forward with the ball.

Wonder if he's been brought in to replace or challenge Berningham. Sounds a similar player. Can Stevens play anywhere else?

Wonder if he's been brought in to replace or challenge Berningham. Sounds a similar player. Can Stevens play anywhere else?

Hes a left winger tbh, seriously unstoppable going forward with the ball. has the "touch" played as a left back simply for the damage he does going forward. Hes not a great left back tbh.

Reminds me of Quigley with his ball control skill but Quigley had johnny mac and liam o brien to coach him into a CF, Stevens had uhhh noone :(

Could even play behind a striker if needed did that once for us.

bugger :mad:

Hes a left winger tbh,:

Makes sense. ;) Sound, I'm trying to remember him but can't. Last game at Tallaght, your whole team were good to be honest.

Makes sense. ;) Sound, I'm trying to remember him but can't. Last game at Tallaght, your whole team were good to be honest.

we had 3 good players last season, its not hard for us to remember who they were.

Wont be playing for you in the summer, Burnley tried to sign him but he failed at the trial he needs a decent coach to bring him on to like not LOI level.

we had 3 good players last season, its not hard for us to remember who they were.

Wont be playing for you in the summer, Burnley tried to sign him but he failed at the trial he needs a decent coach to bring him on to like not LOI level.

Hopefully hold him 'until season end. At least a sell-on fee.I guess.

Thank god some actual ball-players joining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Stevens is definately better as a left winger. He made some great runs from left back last season, but got caught out a lot!!

Steaua targeted him to great effect!!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Stevens is definately better as a left winger.

Could well end up there for us actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Could well end up there for us actually.

He's a really good signing for you's. He's one of the few players from last season i would have liked to hang onto!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    He's a really good signing for you's. He's one of the few players from last season i would have liked to hang onto!!

If what dreamer said is true, it's a stop-gap so probably makes it a bit easier to lose him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Stevens is definitely a better LM/LW. I actually thought he was a woeful Left Full.

Oh, and at the Shels lads, just because Ollie's dead doesn't mean people can't say stuff about him.

Ronan Finn all linked with Sporting Fingal.

Supposely now signed up.

Supposely now signed up.

Confirmed on PFAI site.

http://www.pfai.ie/transfer-list

At the bottom in the confirmed transfers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Gavin Peers who had been linked with a couple of Dublin clubs and Danny Ventre who had been linked with Real Madrid have signed new deals at Sligo Rovers....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

elshambo wrote: »
    Gavin Peers who had been linked with a couple of Dublin clubs and Danny Ventre who had been linked with Real Madrid have signed new deals at Sligo Rovers....:)

From what I heard we where looking ar Peers. Ah well:(

Good news about Ronan Finn though (if true). Cant say iv seen enough of him to know how good he is but he didnt beat Conan and Mcallister to player of the year without being good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Well, Shane McFaul just signed a 2 year contract with Fingal, and Quigley has been released. Great news that McFaul resigned.

Not on the PFAI site yet though.

Mahon to be announced Pats manager morrow.

So we will be very defensive 3-0-0 :p

Paulw wrote: »
    Quigley has been released

Hopefully he's jobless now, muppet.

Mahon to be announced Pats manager morrow.

So we will be very defensive 3-0-0 :p

Jaysis, considering he was basically told to f*ck off there a couple of weeks back when Kenny had signed verbally and now he's agreed to stay as 2nd choice.

Jaysis, considering he was basically told to f*ck off there a couple of weeks back when Kenny had signed verbally and now he's agreed to stay as 2nd choice.

Kenny was never approached by anyone who works for Pats, someone else was but didnt like the budget on offer (500k)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

would have been perfectly happy with Byrne and Madden up front next season.

+1
    Madden improved game on game this year i thought.

cabra64 wrote: »
    +1
    Madden improved game on game this year i thought.

His loan with Shels seems to have done him very good, gave him the confidence to pop them goals in.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

yeah i read that in programme notes. when did Madden return exactly? I was at an EA Cup game v. early in season when he scored for Shels. He was a proper live wire that night. Back at Bohs he was getting fairly rough treatment from opposition backs as the season wound up. Seemed to take it well tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

cabra64 wrote: »
    yeah i read that in programme notes. when did Madden return exactly? I was at an EA Cup game v. early in season when he scored for Shels. He was a proper live wire that night. Back at Bohs he was getting fairly rough treatment from opposition backs as the season wound up. Seemed to take it well tho.
    He left us at the start of July.

Clarke and Finn's move to Sporting Fingal confirmed by the club:D

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2525/Sporting-Fingal-sign-Finn-and-Clarke.aspx

Great news about McFaul also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Clarke and Finn's move to Sporting Fingal confirmed by the club:D

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2525/Sporting-Fingal-sign-Finn-and-Clarke.aspx

Great news about McFaul also.

Will someone have to go then? Possibly Williams? Finn, McFaul, Bayly, Williams all competing for 2 centre midfield spots? Obviously its great to have a strong squad, but from the players' perspective, those 4 are all too good to not be regulars in the side.

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    Will someone have to go then? Possibly Williams? Finn, McFaul, Bayly, Williams all competing for 2 centre midfield spots? Obviously its great to have a strong squad, but from the players' perspective, those 4 are all too good to not be regulars in the side.

3 midfield places. We play a 4-3-3. Dont see why we need to lose any of them and especially not williams.

Just have to wait and see I guess.

Bayly is out of contract atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

DSB wrote: »
    Will someone have to go then? Possibly Williams? Finn, McFaul, Bayly, Williams all competing for 2 centre midfield spots?

Bayly is the only one out of contract. Williams has another year on his contract, McFaul just signed a 2 year contract yesterday, and Finn being the new signing.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Bayly re-signs, but if any, he would be the player leaving.

John Gill told Shels to GTF and signed for Pats as assistant to Mahon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Dunno if it was posted earlier but Chris Bennion and Stephen Caffrey both put pen to paper for Athlone Town at the weekend

• Advertisement
Advertisement