Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland transfers/rumours [Mod Note Post #1, #750]

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Another ex-red striker on his way back it seems, goes by the name of Mark Leech, played last night for the "A" team against Phoenix.

Mark "Match Throwing" Leech and Micheal Coburn sign for the Reds. Very quick replacement for Doc, hopefully is as much of a hero as Kev was.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

fh041205 wrote: »
    I don't currently believe that, although I would be interested why you do. Didn't he ask for almost 2k when Rovers (i think??) approached him? Fair point on the rest.

Does anyone know if the away fans are covered from the rain in Morton Stadium btw?

Pats paid him 1800 + car and rent AND (I **** YOU NOT) vet fees when his dog was sick.

not sure if the seat he spent 18 months in was a free season ticket or not.

Joey ndo your a ****ing **** catchiest song ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

fh041205 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the away fans are covered from the rain in Morton Stadium btw?

Depends where they put you, I know for ourselves they had us on the terrace last year, granted there was about 800 Shels fans and there's no roof. If there's only like 100, yous might be put in the stand with the SF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bohs new wage structure couldn't afford Ndo either, best of luck to Sligo if they got him to sign for less.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

bohsman wrote: »
    Bohs new wage structure couldn't afford Ndo

Neither could the old wage structure, tbh :pac:

doncarlos wrote: »
    Well I was at the game and witnessed both incidents and viewed them again on MNS. They we both accidents. I take it you seen neither and just jumped to wild accusations.

Neither incident was even a free kick. The first happened when two players slid in together. It was a 50/50 ball and fair challenge from both players.
    The second seem to happen with your player getting his studs caught in the turf as the ball was at the other end of the pitch at the time.

If your going to come out with a statement that Dundalk broke your players legs you should back it up. Can you provide any match reports that say they were results of bad tackles or even "a hefty challenge"? If not you should withdraw that statement.

I was at the game too and many many many others and i have never seen 2 players break their legs in the same game even on tv afaik its unheard off. Dundalk last season had 17 or so red cards prolly wrong but its not far off. They were a filthy team.

Tonight Galway should have had at least 2 red cards and a rovers player (Rice) is lucky to be walking.

2 years ago Ndo and kirby nearly had their legs broken vs Bohs by vicious tackles.

As a dundalk fan you may take exception but you were filthy last season and there is a reason for that. i dont see why i should retract a statement that Dundalk broke 2 players legs in the same game as its a fact, tbh its a possibility again this season just vs galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You are beginning to sound like a paranoid Arsene Wenger tbh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just back from the Cross. My god Mervue Utd are a poor poor football team, 5 maybe 6 players that can play the ball on the ground, while the rest run around like headless chickens, it would have been embarassing for their fans, but there wasn't a single one there! City played reasonably well and could have scored 6 or 7. They conceeded 2 soft goals but did score 4 nice ones including a Duggan hattrick, Cummins got our first.
    2198 city fans turned up which is a very good crowd given who we were playing and Munster were on the box. If city can keep 1750-2000 coming through the turnstiles for games like this, they will grow very nicely as the year goes on.
    The team are beginning to gel , slowly but surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Des wrote: »

Nah he actually saw the incidents in question.:pac:

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »

meh it was last season and both players gone, tis not our problem anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Depends where they put you, I know for ourselves they had us on the terrace last year, granted there was about 800 Shels fans and there's no roof. If there's only like 100, yous might be put in the stand with the SF.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I was at the game too and many many many others and i have never seen 2 players break their legs in the same game even on tv afaik its unheard off. Dundalk last season had 17 or so red cards prolly wrong but its not far off. They were a filthy team.

Tonight Galway should have had at least 2 red cards and a rovers player (Rice) is lucky to be walking.

2 years ago Ndo and kirby nearly had their legs broken vs Bohs by vicious tackles.

As a dundalk fan you may take exception but you were filthy last season and there is a reason for that. i dont see why i should retract a statement that Dundalk broke 2 players legs in the same game as its a fact, tbh its a possibility again this season just vs galway.

Ok so if a player pulls a hamstring during a game does that mean the opposition pulled his hamstring?? :confused:
    Must be by your logic.

By the way here is the Pats report from the game http://www.stpatsfc.com/report.php?report=309 It says that Leech went over on his leg and doesn't mention a tackle on Dempsey. So either you are a liar or the writer for the pats website is.

Another thing, the scary thing is we really were not a filthy team. I'm Supporting Dundalk 20 years and we've had plenty of filthy teams over the years. Last year a lot of our red cards were caused from dissent and some poor refereeing decisions. I'd say less than half were for tackles. This has to boil down to the manager who lead by example by getting sent off himself in the first match.

Oh and seeing as were talking about filthy tackles how was Mulcahy not sent off last night for that two footed lunge on Shaun Kelly. If Kelly had of been on his feet he would have easily broken his legs. Dundalk players were sent off for a lot lot less last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Tadhg Purcell scores again for Darlington. Think MON acted prematurely getting rid of him AND podge :(

We've re-signed Michael McGowen. Brilliant player in my opinion and could make a real difference to our season. Plenty of skill and can play on either wing.

People might remember the goal he scored from the half way line, that won goal of the season last year on MNS. Only came in last July but many people thought he should have gotten our player of the season even though he only played 18 games.

Recently he was training with Rangers trying to earn a contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Voltwad wrote: »
    Tadhg Purcell scores again for Darlington. Think MON acted prematurely getting rid of him AND podge :(

Padraig was offered a contract which he decided not to accept. Both him and Tiger were not going to jump over Twigg and Baker in the pecking order, nor was Tiger going to displace any of the starters on the wing. MON could hardly have predicted that we would have lost Twigg and Baker when we did.

Also too soon to rule out Stewart, who is only starting to get match fit but has scored twice and was very unlucky not to have not scored another two.

• Advertisement

Heard a rumour we are close to signing Keith Gellespie

Pats signed Danny North ex grimsby player.

Released in Febuary so has to be good :pac: As we have had never had a player come from and england and actually be decent i doubt this guy will do anything but in pete we trust.

Advertisement