Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland transfers/rumours [Mod Note Post #1, #750]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Shelley? Eh no offence, but I don't think so. Bennion and caffrey signed alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Shelley? Eh no offence, but I don't think so. Bennion and caffrey signed alright!

doh, typo, meant Stephen Caffrey, dunno what made me think it was Shelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

dreamers75 wrote: »
    John Gill told Shels to GTF and signed for Pats as assistant to Mahon :D
    Good! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Stevens confirmed.

One -year like you said, lads.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z6/stpatsimages/Photo0634.jpg

i find that funny, its there 5 months now :D

At least you can say you made some impact in Tallaght last season. :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs forum seem pretty convinced we've got Cretaro, I'll believe it when it's official though

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bohs forum seem pretty convinced we've got Cretaro, I'll believe it when it's official though

Once the embargo is gone he's yours.

Ger Rowe very close to signing. Posts on our forum and fool.ie and also according to the man himself. Great signing if ture and happy to see him back in a Reds jersey.

• Advertisement

Conor Kenna turned down pats for more money with Drogs afaik we offered him 500pw which will be our basic wage next season for all players.

Gavin in talks with Rovers hes on 3200 pw and in the final year of his contract he wanted pats to buy him out at the start of the season but we said no. I seriously doubt we will ask for money for him more of a "please take him " type transfer.

So we have 2 players now :D

Once the embargo is gone

17 days overdue. Maybe it'll have to be induced? :D

stovelid wrote: »

Edit: Took a while to click :D.

:confused:

Embargo was due to be lifted on December 1st. Actually, it's 16 days so.

:confused:
    I think he means as in Childbirth :)

Rumours saying Cretaro expected to sign in the next few days anyway

Rumours saying Cretaro expected to sign in the next few days anyway

I'm not sure he's what we need at the moment. Or youse to be honest. I would have thought we were both well covered in that position.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's just trying to push Sligo into a better contract.

Gavin in talks with Rovers hes on 3200 pw and in the final year of his contract

LOL. He'll not be offered that at Rovers.

I'm not sure he's what we need at the moment. Or youse to be honest. I would have thought we were both well covered in that position.
    Well we've released Crowe and Fenn so we need a striker anyway, otherwise we just have Madden and Byrne, as Hughes is still in college.

I can see him working quite well with Byrne, but we shall see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Was never due to be lifted on the 1st December - I doubt all clubs submitted their account to the FAI at 23:59 on 30th November and expected the FAI to have verified them by the 1st.

bohsman wrote: »
    Was never due to be lifted on the 1st December - I doubt all clubs submitted their account to the FAI at 23:59 on 30th November and expected the FAI to have verified them by the 1st.

This Friday or Monday that's suppose to happen supposely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Conor Kenna turned down pats for more money with Drogs afaik we offered him 500pw which will be our basic wage next season for all players.

Gavin in talks with Rovers hes on 3200 pw and in the final year of his contract he wanted pats to buy him out at the start of the season but we said no. I seriously doubt we will ask for money for him more of a "please take him " type transfer.

So we have 2 players now :D

YA word is pats were ringing around a few clubs offering players on free/loan during the last transfer window and all would be going well until the wages were mentioned

the wages Pats were paying and the results those players delivered really showed the stupidity of what 4 or so clubs were doing paying LOI lads these wages
    *not a dig at Pats btw (well...:rolleyes: only about the wages)

As far as the RafaWagesGate only being to get more money out of Sligo
    word is Ralf can sing if he thinks he will hold Sligo rovers to ransom

He will fit in grand in Bohs, they can put him down on the books as working on the Burdocks stall:p

good luck to him btw!

elshambo wrote: »
    YA word is pats were ringing around a few clubs offering players on free/loan during the last transfer window and all would be going well until the wages were mentioned

the wages Pats were paying and the results those players delivered really showed the stupidity of what 4 or so clubs were doing paying LOI lads these wages
    *not a dig at Pats btw (well...:rolleyes: only about the wages)

Strange reality is if we had a decent manager last season and qualified for Europe we wouldnt be far from making a few quid. Got tru 3 rounds in europe paying silly money twice. No LOI team is going to do that anytime soon (except Rovers who have the Europa in the bag and Bohs who have already won thwe CL according to their budget anyway :p)

Our biggest fcuk up was paying silly money to wasters who didnt play or were **** Keane, O cearuill etc we wouldnt be as afcuked as we are now.

and Bohs who have already won thwe CL according to their budget anyway :p)

You're being unfair.

You're forgetting the projected 2010 premier division prize money as well.

You're being unfair.

You're forgetting the projected 2010 premier division prize money as well.
    Don't forget our lottery winnings, any week now I tells ya..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

This horrible football club is going to be challenging for the league next year. How depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Dunno where you come to that conclusion, you're dealing with a squad here who only came 3rd in the First Division, who've signed 3 players who wouldn't get into the Bohs (current champions) first 11. Thats not to say that theres not more to come from Fingal in terms of signings, and I don't foresee them being in any kind of relegation battle, but they've alot of improvement to do to be anywhere near Bohs and Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

DSB wrote: »
    Dunno where you come to that conclusion, you're dealing with a squad here who only came 3rd in the First Division, who've signed 3 players who wouldn't get into the Bohs (current champions) first 11. Thats not to say that theres not more to come from Fingal in terms of signings, and I don't foresee them being in any kind of relegation battle, but they've alot of improvement to do to be anywhere near Bohs and Rovers.

In fairness Bohs shouldnt be where they are.

Another bunch of speculators who are spending our league into oblivion

Good money too, I hear. Don't divulge anything sensitive to him unless he bring you lot down too. :)

He's a good player though. Franchise will be contenders this year.

Good money too, I hear.

Regardless of what the Fingal fans say, players are being offered cars, apartments, and money and that's a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Regardless of what the Fingal fans say, players are being offered cars, apartments, and money and that's a fact.

So? :confused:

I doubt Fingal are the only club to offer incentives. I'd also bet that all clubs are offering money. :D

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    So? :confused:

I doubt Fingal are the only club to offer incentives. I'd also bet that all clubs are offering money. :D

If I'm not mistaking a good few of the lads in the North County Dublin forum were denying Fungus were offering incentives.

No clubs I know of actually offer these type of incentives, would these go under the 65% protocol I wonder!?

I'm just saying the rumoured weekly wage, while admittedly well below the boom years, is better than he's going to get elsewhere.

I'm sure there are other sweeteners too.
    Paulw wrote: »
    I doubt Fingal are the only club to offer incentives that avoid classification under the salary cap protocol provision of the licensing terms.

Finished that sentence for you. :)

Yis got the cup money that was going to go into poor Chris Turner's pocket as a signing-on fee. For shame. :)

Lets keep this thread on topic boys. It would be nice for once;)

Great signing for us anyway. Hopefully more to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Whats wrong with that? I have 5 of them in my spare room and i lent one of them a few quid for smokes and a paper and lent another one my punto for the weekend as he was going to Calais to stock up for the xmas.

Where are you going with your facts Gav ? :D You only know one fact and thats shels bottling it again next season :D

Darragh Ryan, Harris, Byrne and Fitzer all agreed to sign for Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Darragh Ryan, Harris, Byrne and Fitzer all agreed to sign for Pats.
    I heard Byrne had re-signed but didn't hear anything about the others you mention? I've also heard Rogers and Lynch have signed new contracts, while Derek Pender and David McAllister have come on board.

Seems Maccer will be with Pats next season.:( Best of luck to the chap, himself and Deano basically got us to the play-off this year. Maccer is a quality player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yep, fantastic player.

Hmmmm. Giller will have had a hand in that I'd say. Fúcking spying mission he was on.

djpbarry wrote: »
    I heard Byrne had re-signed but didn't hear anything about the others you mention? I've also heard Rogers and Lynch have signed new contracts, while Derek Pender and David McAllister have come on board.

Mulcahy and Barry Ryan the lastest 2 to be offered deals, Guy given time to try sort a move to UK out and Gavin gone.

We have 8 players which was more than enough for Dundalk last season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Gary Deegan from Bohs to Coventry for 50k up front 50k at a later date

• Advertisement

BOHtox wrote: »

Decent deal better than nothing tbh

Crowe and Fenn had an offer from pats not a great offer but better than nowt tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Mulcahy and Barry Ryan

What a pair. The "footballer" who was sacked for refusing to play football, and the junkie.

Pure Cork wrote: »
    What a pair. The "footballer" who was sacked for refusing to play football, and the junkie.

Could be worse :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

BOHtox wrote: »

How did Bohs get a fee when he was out of contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

CiaranC wrote: »
    How did Bohs get a fee when he was out of contract?

Did I hear somewhere it's because he's under 23?

I hear Michael Daly has signed for Drogheda United, anyone heard anything about Corie Treacy or Damien Brennan. Also heard rumours about Gary Rodgers and Jamie Harris...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Shels have resigned Stephen Quigley and David McGill, and signed Paul Shiels from Drogheda.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1383

Saw Shiels twice last season, I thought he was decent enough.

We have signed Kenny Browne from Waterford.

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/sport/soccer/sporting-continue-to-build-1985041.html

We will not be re-signing. Robbie Doyle (there ya go shels;)). Fiachra McArdle, Konopka (gone to Waterford) and Philip Byrne. According to the Fingal Ind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We will not be re-signing. Robbie Doyle (there ya go shels;)).

Around this time last year we were rumoured to be signing him, and I said at the time that there is only one player who I wouldn't cheer for in a Shels jersey. It is him.

I hate him. I don't want him at Shels, with his tights.

He can go back home to Bray.

Des wrote: »
    Around this time last year we were rumoured to be signing him, and I said at the time that there is only one player who I wouldn't cheer for in a Shels jersey. It is him.

I hate him. I don't want him at Shels, with his tights.

He can go back home to Bray.

Yeah. I remember the rumours. Ya never know maybe the striker you are looking for :pac: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

100k for Deegan, no idea of the specifics but think its development money so guessing Shels etc are due a cut.

Regained some respect for Robbie Doyle when he played in Kevin Hunts testemonial and had a bit of banter with the fans who were giving him stick.

Advertisement