Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland transfers/rumours [Mod Note Post #1, #750]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

bohsman wrote: »
    Regained some respect for Robbie Doyle when he played in Kevin Hunts testemonial and had a bit of banter with the fans who were giving him stick.

He's still ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Des wrote: »
    Around this time last year we were rumoured to be signing him, and I said at the time that there is only one player who I wouldn't cheer for in a Shels jersey. It is him.

I hate him. I don't want him at Shels, with his tights.

He can go back home to Bray.

If Robbie signs for us I'll give him as much abuse as I did to Quigley at the FAI Cup Final which nearly saw me arrested.

Best of luck to Maccer even if he's with Pats, he defo able for a Premier club and probably should be higher. Good luck with the 23's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Shels have resigned Stephen Quigley and David McGill, and signed Paul Shiels from Drogheda.

Crap, I thought the Drogs might build on their Great Escape last season - but now that's both Chambers and Shiels gone. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

PDN wrote: »
    Crap, I thought the Drogs might build on their Great Escape last season - but now that's both Chambers and Shiels gone. :(

Conor Kenna gone to Sporting Fingal too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

100k for Deegan, no idea of the specifics but think its development money so guessing Shels etc are due a cut.

But he had signed a new contract at the Bozo's....

Surely that doesn't mean that anyone who has signed or re-signed in D7 is still a free agent while the embargo is still in place? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:eek:

dreamers75 wrote: »

Not going to happen, but he will be linked with every job in Scotland for the foreseeable future. Thats life when your manager is hot property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

But he had signed a new contract at the Bozo's....

The only source claiming he had signed a new contract was the Sun. Obviously it was one everyone wanted to believe but we were always going to lose Murphy and Deegan in January.

The only source claiming he had signed a new contract was the Sun. Obviously it was one everyone wanted to believe but we were always going to lose Murphy and Deegan in January.

So it has nothing to do with your transfer embargo? :)

My understanding is that none of your anounced signings can be registered until the embargo is dropped, which is a long way off, which allows anyone who has signed on the dotted line, like Deegan, to walk away at this point.

Good.

• Advertisement

My understanding is that not a single player in the league can be registered till accounts are signed off on. It has nothing to do with the transfer embargo

My understanding is that not a single player in the league can be registered till accounts are signed off on. It has nothing to do with the transfer embargo

Your understanding is wrong. Rovers have signed two players.

Registrations cannot be sumbitted until Jan 15th, which is a different story.

You cannot do either, so any contract that a prospective B*hs player may have signed is completely worthless as you are banned from doing so.

So my understanding is right, thanks for clearing that up. Considering its a buyers market its no bad thing that we are saving fortunes on wages.

So my understanding is right, thanks for clearing that up. Considering its a buyers market its no bad thing that we are saving fortunes on wages.

When Rovers announce they have signed a player, that contract is signed and registered with the FAI and the revenue.

When Bohs announce they have signed a player, technically they are lying, because they can do nothing with that contract until the embargo is lifted and until then, its worthless.

So when Deegan signed a contract, it mattered not a damn because Bohs had no right to offer him one. So a better deal came along with a club that isn't being sanctioned for cheating and away he went.

Good to see the Ostrich impressions still going strong in D7.

I'm going to do a sweepstake on how many points you start next season without as a tradeoff for the embargo being lifted. How many will I put you down for? ;)

Where have Bohs announced any signings?

Good to see you back ONYD.:D

Where have Bohs announced any signings?

Admittedly the club have been wise enough not to officially do anything, but your members in the redtops have listed players that have signed, re-signed or will do so. Cretaro, that aussie keeper from Bray, Shelley and a raft of other current players.

None of them can actually sign anything and both sides are taking a huge risk. Look at Deegan....

Yea, welcome back. As far as the head in the sand stuff goes, so far our new board has been doing a good job, very happy with next years budget/targets etc so willing to believe them when they say they are 99% sure we will be below the 65%.

Not sure how pre contracts with a very obvious clause would affect anything - certainly never came up as an issue when we agreed to extend Graham Careys loan with player and club. The only word I as a member have heard from the board is what 6 players are still in contract. Shelley has obviously told the PFAI that he has agreed a new deal as its updated at the bottom of their list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Registrations cannot be sumbitted until Jan 15th, which is a different story.
    When Rovers announce they have signed a player, that contract is signed and registered with the FAI and the revenue.
    So Rovers’ signings are registered before they can be registered on January 15th?
    Good to see the Ostrich impressions still going strong in D7.
    Good to see the sun-shines-out-our-backsides, holier-than-thou attitude is still going strong in Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Welcome back ONYD. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Decent deal better than nothing tbh

Crowe and Fenn had an offer from pats not a great offer but better than nowt tbh.

Dundalk is after Crowe as well so its either Dundalk or St Pats he'll go to.
    He also got a call from Cork city :)

Looking like Mark Quigley along with Higgins and McGlynn could be at Bohs next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Looking like Mark Quigley along with Higgins and McGlynn could be at Bohs next season.

Great signings if true.I was worried last year by the lack in depth at times last season so i'm glad to see us replacing the likes of crowe( a legend yes) but played shíte last year and fenn also played shíte who were also on massive wages with players of real quality while reducing the wage bill.

Looking like Mark Quigley .

As well as Cretaro? :D

Apparently so, would prefer Quigley to Cretaro tho, unless he plans on playing Cretaro deeper as we have no attacking midfielders. Madden and Byrne are our only strikers at the mo.

Apparently so, would prefer Quigley to Cretaro tho, unless he plans on playing Cretaro deeper as we have no attacking midfielders. Madden and Byrne are our only strikers at the mo.

Can honestly see RC signing a (ruinous and no doubt ultimately non-honoured(?)) contract with Sligo. He would have signed for a Dublin club by now if he was serious about coming down. I personally don't care about him coming to us.

I think Quigely is potentially a very good player again if he starts looking like he cares.

I think Madden will come on. Liked him a lot when I saw him last season. Callow, but great potential.

We cant announce signings yet... He did announce that he had a deal with us in a Sligo paper though.

Madden looks class alright but if Fenlon can get the best out of Quigley like he managed with Ndo he'd be a great signing.

Dont know too much about either of the Derry players.

We cant announce signings yet... He did announce that he had a deal with us in a Sligo paper though.

Madden looks class alright but if Fenlon can get the best out of Quigley like he managed with Ndo he'd be a great signing.

Dont know too much about either of the Derry players.

apparently there was an article in Derry saying it's a done deal with Higgins and Martyn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Poor Madden. If both Cretaro and Quigley are signed that'll be awful for his development. Send him back on loan to us:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

DSB wrote: »
    Poor Madden. If both Cretaro and Quigley are signed that'll be awful for his development. Send him back on loan to us:D:D:D

Maybe he can be tempted with Fingal instead ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

From today's Sunday Tribune

Mark Hilliard

Sporting Fingal players celebrate in the dressing room with the trophy after winning the Ford FAI Cup final last month
    FINGAL County Council is to be asked to debate its relationship with the football club Sporting Fingal following a heated exchange over funding.

Concerns have grown over the council's role in supporting the club, of which it owns a 26% share, although council officials have strongly denied that it is funding the club.

County manager David O'Connor said he "took grave exception" to suggestions he had given misleading information in relation to questions about the council's financial involvement with Sporting Fingal.

A motion has now been tabled for January's council meeting, requesting further discussion on the subject.

The majority stakeholder in Sporting Fingal is Gerry Gannon, whose Gannon Homes and K Club companies have not escaped the financial impact of the recession.

It is also sponsored by Anglo Irish Bank which, although nationalised, refused to comment on what financial relationship it has with the club when contacted by the Sunday Tribune.

During a meeting of Fingal County Council this month, councillors heard of a public perception that the local authority played a role in funding the football team's operations.

Despite efforts to contact the club, no one was available for comment.

Sporting Fingal has enjoyed considerable success since its foundation two years ago – in particular by capturing the Ford FAI Cup this season.

Fingal County Council, which helped establish the club with the assistance of private backing, said it had put no money into running it and never would, and said it was simply involved for the benefit of the community.

However, Cllr Clare Daly, who said there were many other sporting organisations in Fingal who believed they had not received the same level of attention, asked a number of questions relating to finances.

"I think people have some very genuine questions. If the council isn't giving the money and if the council has not given any staff resources, well what are we giving for our 26% of the shareholding?" she said at the last council meeting.

"Clearly when [a soccer club is] starting off and experimenting and developing a base, [it cannot be] funded by its fan base or by ticket receipts.

"When names like Gerry Gannon and Anglo Irish Bank [invest in the club] a lot of other sports organisations are being asked what's being invested in them.

"I have to say I don't really accept the answers to the questions, that we don't put in any money and we don't put in any staff. That is not what I have seen. I think we have put huge resources into this, and we should say that because we have."

The county manager replied that no money was put into the club except for €7,000 to fund transport for local clubs and poster printing. He said that any staff working at the club did so as volunteers.

A debate on theissue has been tabled for January's meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Before this gets silly. Id say it should be put into a thread of its own. Just so this thread doesnt get knocked off topic.

Before this gets silly. Id say it should be put into a thread of its own. Just so this thread doesnt get knocked off topic.

Anything for you baby.

Anything for you baby.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Doyle has indeed been linked with Shels, and it's looking like the badge kisser is coming back too :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Robbie Doyle, when a girl says no .................. :D

What's that coming over your kids, it's Robbie Doyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

If he scores goals, then what's the problem? We spent the second half of last season with no main goal scorer.

No matter what you think of the chap, thats out of order.

cymro wrote: »
    No matter what you think of the chap, thats out of order.

It's only banter and he never seemed to have a problem with it, laughed when he heard in in Tolka the last time.

Its banter if you were posting a reply on here to him. Its not the type of post that should be posted on a net discussion board.

• Advertisement

Its banter if you were posting a reply on here to him. Its not the type of post that should be posted on a net discussion board.

If the chap himself doesn't take offence to it, why should you?

If you dont get why then you really shouldnt comment.

Des wrote: »
    Doyle has indeed been linked with Shels, and it's looking like the badge kisser is coming back too :mad::mad:

Didnt hear anything when I said it might happen. Just seemed like the obvious choice for yous given last years rumours. Enjoy;)

Did he tell you that he doesnt mind comments like that being posted about him on here ? or did he post on here saying its just banter.
    Then again, i didnt expect any diffrence from shels fans.

Kinda lost here lads, please do explain.

Stop being overly PC.
    Did he tell you that he doesnt mind comments like that being posted about him on here ? or did he post on here saying its just banter.
    Then again, i didnt expect any diffrence from shels fans.

Oh my god where did you get that cutting wit of yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

This thread is turning into a farce... Doyle thought it was hilarious, so get over it ffs.

On the subject of League of Ireland transfers/rumours

Barry Ryan will be staying with Galway United next season along with Alan Murphy also, as he works in Galway.

Alan Cawley signed for Scumdalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mark Quigley supposedly signed for Bohs today!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Mark Quigley supposedly signed for Bohs today!

I saw that in the paper today heard of it a few days ago also Bohs are holding medicals for ciaran martyn and rhuiri higgins

• Advertisement
Advertisement