Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland transfers/rumours [Mod Note Post #1, #750]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Dan Murray & Danny Murphy are supposed to be joining Rovers.

They look very solid now.

Best left back and centre back sold for nothing.

Will always be City legends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Probably mean Ian Bermingham will be on his way out of Rovers if we do get Murphy, with us having signed Stevens already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Very very good signings if they do indeed sign. Toss up between Murphy and Powell for best LB in the league IMO. Interested to see where Bermingham ends up, I'd imagine there'll be a lot of clubs expressing an interest in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

fh041205 wrote: »
    Interested to see where Bermingham ends up, I'd imagine there'll be a lot of clubs expressing an interest in him.

I'd say Bermo will end up at Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

hope so , we havent had a decent left back for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm pretty sure this has been proven to be a lie on the City forums at least with Dan Murray moving anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

When does the transfer window officially open . I read somewhere you cannot register players until jan 15th

Can only start registering players on the 15th can sign em now if you want.

Pats to announce a few more signings on monday one a Sligo midifielder either Cash or Morrison.

2 1st division clubs rumoured to have been told by the FAI to prepare for Prem football as Galway and Cork wont be in it.

Shels rumoured to be one of them, any shels fans care to share?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dreamers75 wrote: »

Pats to announce a few more signings on monday one a Sligo midifielder either Cash or Morrison.

2 1st division clubs rumoured to have been told by the FAI to prepare for Prem football as Galway and Cork wont be in it.

Surely Bray would need to be offered a place first? Then Shels, then Waterford?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If this is true then I wonder who the second team is.

Waherfur maybe.

I also wonder where Fingal will be playing, because they didn't get a Prem licence last season because of Morton.

forgot about Bray hope its them simply for the question: What football team were relegated 3 times in the same season and stayed up ?

Des wrote: »

I also wonder where Fingal will be playing, because they didn't get a Prem licence last season because of Morton.

Galway getting relegated as they owe money to players from 2 years ago so wouldnt base any decisions on Licencing issues :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well if Cork and Galway are relegated, surely it'll be Shels and Bray to take their places.

It'll be a Leinster league more than ever then! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

If Morton doesn't pass why does United Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

monkey9 wrote: »
    Well if Cork and Galway are relegated, surely it'll be Shels and Bray to take their places.
    (

Two culchie teams going down for a Dublin team and one that may as well be.

The Cork lads will be delighted.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    The Cork lads will be delighted.

The Cork lads would be better served thanking the gods that they even get a FD licence tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Lollymcd wrote: »
    If Morton doesn't pass why does United Park?

It doesn't.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    It doesn't.

But United still get a licence. Is it because the FAI own the ground? Any news on who's in/out in Drogheda anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Fingal will be OK for Morton Stadium for one year. If they are still in the premier division in 2011, they will have to look for an alternative venue.

Cork City will definitely be relegated. They will also not be invited to play in Europe as long as Collins is manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,601 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

But United still get a licence. Is it because the FAI own the ground? Any news on who's in/out in Drogheda anyway?

Pretty sure United Park has recieved a licence before was because they had plans in place to move out to a new stadium which they presented to the FAI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

But United still get a licence. Is it because the FAI own the ground?

Because the FAI planned to install seats into the away section at the start of the season, thus getting it passed, even though they still haven't got he seats.
    Fingal will be OK for Morton Stadium for one year. If they are still in the premier division in 2011, they will have to look for an alternative venue.

How will it be ok for 1 year? It's in breach of the licensing for the Premier League, and until United Park the FAI don't own Morton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

How will it be ok for 1 year? It's in breach of the licensing for the Premier League, and until United Park the FAI don't own Morton.

A one year derogation is part of licencing, in the case of Morton. Not sure how United Park will be fixed though, as I think the ground has used up nine lives at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Where'd you hear this? Delaney made a comment a few weeks back about the lack of non-dub(including bray,Dundalk, Drogheda) clubs in the PL. Would be very very suprised if he got rid of Galway United. As for Cork, wouldn't be surprised at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

If this is true then I wonder who the second team is.

Waherfur maybe.

Are they a new german team?

Fingal will be playing at Morton with a Premier licence.

You got to love these rumours :D, " a mate of a mate of a mate told my cousin in the pub " :D

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Where'd you hear this? Delaney made a comment a few weeks back about the lack of non-dub(including bray,Dundalk, Drogheda) clubs in the PL. Would be very very suprised if he got rid of Galway United. As for Cork, wouldn't be surprised at all.

Can't beat spending a few hundred thousand n the Genesis report.:rolleyes:
    cymro wrote: »

Fingal will be playing at Morton with a Premier licence.

...thus breaching the license rules so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Four new signings at Pats: Andy Haran (re-signed), Gareth Coughlan, Conor Sinnot and Brian Cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Surely its Cork and Derry?

Can't beat spending a few hundred thousand n the Genesis report.:rolleyes:

...thus breaching the license rules so.

No :D

bohsman wrote: »
    Surely its Cork and Derry?

The Derry debacle was already sorted out, with Galway not having to take part in the play offs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

djpbarry wrote: »
    Four new signings at Pats: Andy Haran (re-signed), Gareth Coughlan, Conor Sinnot and Brian Cash.
    Best of luck to Conor at St Pats, can control a game if his heart is in it

Was looking likely Sinnott would sign for Waterford as he's in college down there and stuff, but thankfully he didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Was looking likely Sinnott would sign for Waterford as he's in college down there and stuff, but thankfully he didn't.

Why thankfully?

Why thankfully?

He's a quality player, a quality player playing for a promotion rival = bad news.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Youths have lost Peter White back to Limerick too. Excellent unassuming player. He'll be missed but thanks for 2009 Peter

Jamie Harris rumoured to be coming to Drogheda.

Jamie Harris rumoured to be coming to Drogheda.

Solid defender. Could fill gap left by Conor Kenna?

Solid defender. Could fill gap left by Conor Kenna?

Exactly what I thought buuuutttt, I've also heard that the following have re-signed:

McNally
    Kenna
    Skinner
    E.McGill
    B.MGill
    Crowley
    Duffy

along with the expected signings of Michael Daly, Damien Brennan and Corie Tracey.

Before anyone asks, I have absolutely nothing to back this up, but this is the word on the street atm.

Daisy Brennan is a liability

• Advertisement

Kenna has signed for Utd? That's great news, I was sure I read somewhere that he had signed with a different club, can't remember who now ...

Edit: thought he sighed with Sporting Fingal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Does anyone no what the story with Derek Foran is? Is he still with Bray? I heard he had trials at Hibs. Used to be play with him at underage with Pats just wondering whats happened to him.

Johner wrote: »
    Does anyone no what the story with Derek Foran is? Is he still with Bray? I heard he had trials at Hibs. Used to be play with him at underage with Pats just wondering whats happened to him.

He supposedly verbally agreed to sign for Shels, but buggered off to Fingal afaik.

I'll find out and post again in a few mins.

Edit: yep, he agreed to come to Shels sometime around the start of December, but got cold feet soon after, and is now apparently signing for Fingal.

Edit: thought he sighed with Sporting Fingal

Yea me too. Tbh I won't celebrate till its officially annnounced. It would be magic to have him and McNally again next season. Any further comments on Brennan Des? In general Shels fans seems to think little of him.

Any further comments on Brennan Des? In general Shels fans seems to think little of him.

He had a great first season with us, one of our best players in 08, imo, and in the general opinion of Shels fans I'd say.

But last season he was absolutely shocking, and I'm glad we're rid of him.

Having said that, our whole defence last season was brutal, it wasn't just Daisy.

His distribution is poor, and is nothing more than hoof & hope. He has no pace. He turns like an artic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He supposedly verbally agreed to sign for Shels, but buggered off to Fingal afaik.

I'll find out and post again in a few mins.

Edit: yep, he agreed to come to Shels sometime around the start of December, but got cold feet soon after, and is now apparently signing for Fingal.

Ah kk cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Yep - Pats have announced his signing this afternoon.

He had a great first season with us, one of our best players in 08, imo, and in the general opinion of Shels fans I'd say.

But last season he was absolutely shocking, and I'm glad we're rid of him.

Having said that, our whole defence last season was brutal, it wasn't just Daisy.

He has experience which is what is neeeded in the league at the moment, I think Bray proved last year that you can't compete in the league with young inexperienced players. TBH I think that was one of the main differences between Drogheda and Bray last season, Matthews signed some experienced, all be it, older, players.
    His distribution is poor, and is nothing more than hoof & hope. He has no pace. He turns like an artic.

I hope things go better for him this season!

I hope things go better for him this season!

The way he's regressed in 2009, I really can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

What does everything think the biggest signing of the close season will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

djpbarry wrote: »
    Yep - Pats have announced his signing this afternoon.

Pretty expected ever since he wouldn't sign the contract we offered him. Hopefully he manages to fulfil his potential with you.

We have adequate cover at left-full anyway. Stevens is a good swap, although it would be nice to have him on a longer contract.

• Advertisement
Advertisement