Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

potato ricer

Options
  • 26-11-2009 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone know where i can buy a potato ricer or has anyone used one?have seen them being used on masterchef etc .does anyone know where they can be bought?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've seen them in TKMax but any good kitchen shop should have them.

Best mash ever with one!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I bought one in Home Store and more. It is made from a white plastic with stainless steel grid. It works very well and cost about €12.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tesco in Clare Hall had them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

cool, I need one of these as my last one just broke.

A piece of advice on these, actually 2 pieces, 1) make sure they are solid (can stand a bit of pressure) and 2) the ones with holes only on the bottom seem to work better than the one with holes on the bottom and sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I bought mine in that corner home store just opposite Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, next to H&M/Zara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

hag to google potato ricer, asi havent heard of them before !! do they make much better mashed than the old fashioned masher, the one with the flat end and holes in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

hag to google potato ricer, as i havent heard of them before !! do they make much better mashed than the old fashioned masher, the one with the flat end and holes in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

hag to google potato ricer, asi havent heard of them before !! do they make much better mashed than the old fashioned masher, the one with the flat end and holes in it ?

with a ricer your mash will be guaranteed lump-free, smooth and creamy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

belacan wrote: »
    with a ricer your mash will be guaranteed lump-free, smooth and creamy

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I picked one up in M&S and have also seen them in Ikea. They can be a bit messy when making large quantities but make quite a difference.

Advertisement