Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to make nails grow faster.

• 27-11-2009 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend any good ways to make m finger nails grow faster please?

For the past few weeks I have been using Sally Hansen's "maximum growth" and while it has worked/helped, if at all possible I'd like something that works faster.:o

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lo_Ha

Taking vitamins helps not only with the lenght but the condition of the nails, Holland and Barret do hair and nail supplement tablets, they always have offers on too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

+1 for vitamins/supplements.

They make your nails stronger and healthier and give your hair a great shine too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I was always under the impression that nails grew at a fixed rate (in a normal-healthy person). Open to correction here.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Teasey

I've been battling with this for a while too - I'm a reformed nail biter and I'm now obsessed with my nails!!!

To be honest, the Sally Hansen you're using is probably the best thing for it. There's a good Kiss Xtreme Growth one too which is similar but a bit cheaper.

A really good tip is to rub cuticle oil on your nails every day. It moisturises your nails making them stronger and less likely to break. Also, the massaging action stimulates nail growth.

Vitamins/supplements are good but a balanced diet with plenty of calcium etc is actually more effective if you can manage it ;)

But (and I know you won't like to hear this - cos I didn't) the only thing that REALLY works is.... Patience. Paint them, protect them and leave them alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

i swear by nailitiques, i used to use sally hanson maximum growth and it was ok, but since i got the 2 plus from nailitiques my nails grow really fast and well, while before i got it my nails would only grow to a certain lenght and would be really weak without any nail varnish!! Now they are in excellent condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

-Orlaith- wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any good ways to make m finger nails grow faster please?

For the past few weeks I have been using Sally Hansen's "maximum growth" and while it has worked/helped, if at all possible I'd like something that works faster.:o

Thanks.

You can't make your nails grow faster :confused:

You can add product to make them stronger (i.e. more brittle) or to protect them a little but you can't make them grow faster...no more than you can make them grow slower. Your body will decide how fast they are going to grow not a bottle of anything or a vitamin pill....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Scratch a bar of soap and leave the soap residue under your nails for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thank you.

I'll start some Vitamins and try and have some patience.

Advertisement