Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lip piercing?

• 27-11-2009 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

hey everyone just wondering do you think facial piercings such as a lip piercing takes away from the looks of that person?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Nah, I don't think so. That said, I have a lip piercing!!! :rolleyes:
    Have to admit though, I am sick of it at this stage and do want to take it out.

However, I think piercings are a means of self expression, just like the clothes you wear etc. so I don't think they take away from a person at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I had mine done for awhile. I loved it while I had it.

I don't like the scar it left behind though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Have mine done for about 10 years now. The hole is a obvious but when I grow a beard it disappears :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I was going to move this post to the Tattoo & Piercing forum but the OP asks for opinions on how it affects the look of a person and I think there will be a less biased response here.

Personally I like piercings but I do feel they are way too commonplace now. I much prefered them when they were NOT fashionable, when they were still a bit subversive and underground and edgy.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I think on some people they can be lovely but with any kind of visable piercing (especially face) you have to consider where you work/who you'll be around.
    I've one on my wrist and apparently it's fair game for anyone to comment possitively or negitively whenever they feel like. (Strangers like to approach me about it :mad:)
    So I'm quite comfortable letting it see the light of day about my friends or close family but with a group of strangers or a work function I try cover it up a bit.

I don't mean to sound 'anti piercing' and don't think what other people think should influence your decision.

I know I've gone a little off topic but in answer I think it can enhance looks because I like piercings anyway, doubt my granny would agree though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I think it depends a lot on the stud/ring used too, a girl I used to work with had a massive gold bar in her eyebrow, she was only about 5 foot tall and size 6, the bar looked totally wrong on her face. Similarly I used to have a ring in my nose that just looked silly with my face :) but a friend had similar and it really suited her.

Not big fan of monroe piercings, but that might be because most of them are badly cared for that I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Depends where you work and who your around. I love them though. Prefer them in the middle of a guys lip though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I have two lip piercings. I have them done about 5 years now.

Personally I think they suit me. I do believe it would make some people biased towards me. For example maybe at job interviews for certain jobs.
    I work in retail so I was told to "flaunt" my piercings which worked out well for me.

For me I don't care what people think of my piercings I didn't get them done to please anyone but myself. Yeah you will get some negative comments but piercings aren't for everyone and I respect that so it doesn't really bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I had my lip pierced for awhile a couple of years ago and I look back on photos and realise how awful it made me look-I genuinely do think it took away from my appearance and really regret getting it done.
    That said Im not anti-piercing by any means-I have 14 of them, but I prefer them in more subtle places than slap-bang in the middle of your face. It suits some people and not others, so this is not to say obvious piercings dont suit everbody.
    Personally I prefer facial piercings on guys, and think they make girls look a lil less feminine

Advertisement