Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm going for a 147

• 27-11-2009 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I'm going for a 147

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

More of a chance of ireland getting to the world cup in south africa than that imo.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

I was on for one once too......

Potted a red, then a black, then missed the red! :D

You could have at least said how far into the break you were - like 15 reds w/ blacks! :rolleyes:

Mustnt have finished it anyways - or we'd have heard!!

Or were you going for a 147 on your post count???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭dynamopiev

Which is easier, a nine dart finish or a 147? I reckon the nine dart finish... not much in it though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

dynamopiev wrote: »
    Which is easier, a nine dart finish or a 147? I reckon the nine dart finish... not much in it though...

I always thought a 147. In snooker, you can plan a shot. In darts, a deflection can occur off another dart which would make it go into a different segment on the board.

Just my opinion anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭dynamopiev

Larkin91 wrote: »
    I always thought a 147. In snooker, you can plan a shot. In darts, a deflection can occur off another dart which would make it go into a different segment on the board.

Yeah I see what you mean, the reason I think the 9 dart is easier is just that it's so many fewer shots involved. There's been far fewer televised 9 dart finishes than 147s though.

• Advertisement

Also - if you were really trying for a 9 darter every time and wanted to rule out deflections.....

(Triple 20, Triple 19, Bull) x3 = 501 ;)
    Stylish way to do it!!

Nice 147 :D

Not conventional but it counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭centre half

Are you going for a 147 on a dart board? Think that would be handy enough to be honest

Yeah a 147 would be handy enought on a dart board; and probably reasonably easy to repeat (like every 3rd attempt you might get it).
    What they meant was a 9 dart finish from 501 - least about of darts that can be used to complete a 501 game! All 9 darts have to be perfect and not the easy to repeat; especially if you are going for the 180, 180, 141 route. Going the T20, T19, Bull; 3 times is very difficult also as you are moving around the board.

Suppose, if going for a 147 (snooker), you can run out of position on the reds a few times early in the frame because you might be able to take on a different red.
    However in darts, if you get a deflection or bounce out - you dont get a "second chance", like you might in snooker!
    Also in snooker there is a large enough room for error in a way! Playing for position, the ball could be "in position" in the area of 1ft x 1ft - anywhere in that space and you'd be on for your intended ball (later in the frame, you'd have more space for the majority of shots)! The triple and double beds on a dart board arent huge targets! ;)

Ye do realize it was his 147th post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭centre half

I did understand that, just thought I would add a dart of humour? Personally I think a 147 would be much more difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Larkin91 wrote: »

I think the dart option is easier. You have a cue in your hand, massive table in comparision to the board, far more planning and thinking ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Having played both sports quite a lot (although darts that bit more, I should say), I think a 9-darter is probably a good bit easier than a 147.

I've gotten to the 7th dart on two occasions, but never been anywhere near a century, never mind a 147.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

A 147 would definitely be a lot harder, it's 36 perfect shots, while a 9 dart finish is only (calculator out...) 9 perfect shots. It's also easier to get 9 posts on boards than 147!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

There's no such bus number OP.

Advertisement