Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is the better defender - Rio or Vidic? (Now comes with added poll)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

eZe^ wrote: »
    I added a poll there for you mate.

Cheers . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

frostie500 wrote: »
    I voted for Vidic, the question was who was the better centre half and I think that Vidic wins that one fairly easily. If however the question was who is the more complete/better overall footballer I think I would probably have voted for Rio because he is great on the ball and is a top class defender to boot. Great to have two players of such caliber playing alongside one another...even if they play for united!;)

Thats my point in a nutshell. .

WHO IS THE BETTER DEFENDER . . .

I just dont believe theres any arguement to be had . .

Rio is a better footballer . . Vidic is a better defender. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Vidic
    Rio all day long for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mayordenis wrote: »
    I've never been a huge fan of either Vidic had a phenomenal 18 month spell up until the end of last season but I think it's all guts too often, just for me I guess.

Rio I see too many strange mistakes made for someone who is touted as a rock, I don't see it.

I know it's a little bit off point but I would take carvalho over either of them.

Carvalho has been well below par the last 2 years, injury has taken its toll and form gone out the window, much like Rio.

Vidic all guts? Don't be fooled, he is much more than just a bruiser. Very intelligent in the way he plays the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Vidic
    Wes Brown trumps both it would seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

as football goes I'd prefer Rio in the team (more prone to making errors)

I'm a liverpool fan :D

I voted for Vidic - when both are top of their game - he's a much better player to have in your team..... Ferdinand will grow up and actually mature as a player - within the next 3-4years ferdinand (if he remains fit) will come good.

Advertisement