Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for the Hdip in education (Postgrad in Education now)

• 27-11-2009 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

Im thinking of applying for the Postgrad Dip in Education to enable me teach secondary level. The closing date for applications is 1st December (Tuesday coming 5.15pm).

I havn't got an application form in hardcopy, so I was going to apply through www.pac.ie. However, I have read they want a copy of my 3rd year results (I am in my final year now), but I am wondering how I get my results to them? Do I need to apply online and then post off my results qith a letter quoting my application form number so the application and results match up?

Also, is there any other information I need to provide the pac other than what I put on the online application form and a hardcopy of my exam results?

Just thinking, If I get a hardcopy of my exam results, could I scan them and send them to pac via email?

Thanks.

Jbyrne

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

If you are in your final year then I am fairly certain they want your second year results. They should be quite easy to get in your college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

If you are in your final year then I am fairly certain they want your second year results. They should be quite easy to get in your college

Maybe the OP is doing a 4 year course

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You just ask for them, they give it to you, and you post it in.
    You have a few extra days but still, get cracking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

If you don't have all the info send the application anyway, they can always send it back to you. If you don't want to do that remember you can submit a late application some time in Jan, it will be 120 instead of 80

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

get everything in asap, exams office I thin in college will give u transcripts for € 5. do a year of H Dip, eye opening year, but dont expect any work for a few years :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

spartan1 wrote: »
    get everything in asap, exams office I thin in college will give u transcripts for € 5. do a year of H Dip, eye opening year, but dont expect any work for a few years :P

so are there no jobs then?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

peanuthead wrote: »
    If you don't have all the info send the application anyway, they can always send it back to you. If you don't want to do that remember you can submit a late application some time in Jan, it will be 120 instead of 80

Can we apply for any college (in PAC) that late? Or do just some accept last applications?

And woop, there are jobs, just depends on your subjects. English and History teachers will probably spend the next 7 years teaching English in South Korea. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Jobs seem to depend a lot on subjects to be honest, also your ability to move. Certain parts of the country easier to find work in. Still worth doing is that is what you want to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

dory wrote: »
    Can we apply for any college (in PAC) that late? Or do just some accept last applications?

And woop, there are jobs, just depends on your subjects. English and History teachers will probably spend the next 7 years teaching English in South Korea. ;)

You are applying to PAC not the colleges, so you can apply that late. Not to Trinity though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

well Ill be doing science and bio most likely

dont mind moving for about a year or 2, and I plan on TEFL for a little while anyway so

• Advertisement
Advertisement