Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD x4 925 - and ram

Options
  • 27-11-2009 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Despite my recent obsession with AMD chips I am finding it very hard to get any info on the AMD x4 925 - its about 115 on hws - looks v good value to me, but can't find a review of it anywhere, is it any good? value? is it 95w? am so tempted by the AMD 955BE, but will be a big power draw and very hot inside a small case I think..

Also the ram - I would be speccing the decent ADATA 1333 ram, its around 80+ euros but there is this stuff 4GB-Kit G-Skill Ripjaws PC3-10667U CL9 for a little cheaper - I am wondering if it is better? (since I know nothing whatsoever about ddr3 ram)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Quite alot of reviews here:

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=AMD+x4+925+review&meta=&aq=f&oq=

And as for the Ram, i absolutley <3 G-skill ram, cant go too wrong with it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Well here's a review of it, not great...
    A rip off of xbitlabs, does well in games, pretty much what you'd expect i spose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

I think my work manages to filter out too much. Just couldn't get a hold of a nice indepth review - seems like a v good bargain to me, 115 euros for a quad chip qt 2.8 with 6mb of L2 cache

Advertisement