Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A really odd request - Sage

Options
  • 27-11-2009 10:58am

On chan sites, sage is posting in a topic without bumping it to the top.
    Would this be a possible feature on the software boards.ie is ran on?

This just popped into my head because I wanted to post in a thread further down in Feedback but didn't want to bump it back to the top because the thread is over.. I wanted to make a small reply but people would definitely be thinking "not this again".

I think it would be a handy feature for situations like the above and for moderators posting in a thread they've locked. Just a tick box in the "Go Advanced" page of posting a thread would be good.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

You mean you want a sneaky way of getting in the last word in an argument?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont think its possible. I'm not sure its advisable really... given the "preserved for history" nature of posts, I think the fact that it brings it to the top for all to see is probably the best approach. If no one replies, it will drop down the list again, if someone replies then clearly that had something to say about what you wrote.

DeV.

That's fair enough.. It just popped into my head a while ago but it's probably got more disadvantages than advantages.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm pretty sure sage was used to get the thread locked, rather than not bumping it, no?

Saging Chicken :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Is there not a pletora of different ways to view and arrange threads a la ADverts.ie?

• Advertisement
Advertisement