Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car vandalised at Louisa Bridge car park?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Car parked up at the train station car park yesterday, came back to find both wing mirrors smashed off.
    Other cars there also damaged windows etc.
    Anyone on here affected by this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Sorry to hear that .

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Never heard of that but there's always scum bags around the canal there

Around Halloween they were constantly firing fire works at trains and I've seen them throwing rocks at the trains and people on the platform a good few times, that's really shít though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Iolar wrote: »
    sorry to hear:(where in kildare did it happen?

I think louisa bridge is in leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Yeah, it's the train station car park on the road leading from Leixlip to Maynooth. OP, you should get in touch with your local councillor and let them know what happened. It will take time but constant pressure may see IE put cameras and/or security hut in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Apart from the fact that train stations and canals seem to attract some scumbags, if i'm not mistaken its not a bad area around there? Where would the scum come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

madds wrote: »
    Yeah, it's the train station car park on the road leading from Leixlip to Maynooth. OP, you should get in touch with your local councillor and let them know what happened. It will take time but constant pressure may see IE put cameras and/or security hut in place.

There's already cameras there, the Garda told me that they weren't great though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

My housemates car had a side window and a wing mirror smashed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

being from Leixlip myself i would like to disagree with donaghs...it was a lovely area until the county council built a council estate (which backs on to the train station car park) about 6years ago and an other one about 2years ago!!!

I park in the little car park myself and have never had a problem!!!

did you ring the people who control the car park cause i was parking at confey on day but the pay machine was out of order and i rang to see what the story was cause theres only one and they check the camera to see if i had tried to pay before giving me a free day parking so they couldn't be too bad!!!

this has happened a few times...i remember there was a few weeks in a row that there was glass all over the car park from car windows and the people who run the car park didn't even clean it up until a complaint was lodged cause i saw a little girl fall on it and the glass got lodged in her hand and she had to be brought to the hospital!!! maybe they've learned since then though!!!

this morning i went to pay for my carparking in the small carpark and found the machine broken in to and all the cash removed so i drove up to the big carpark and found they were all the same up there so i went into cora in the train station and she said that she had rang the company who look after the carpark so they knew...and the ticked machine in the train station got broken into....somebody/people are doing well for themselves!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

In Celbridge last year in an estate near me about 10 cars in a row had their wing mirrors smashed/removed. Little ****.

Johner wrote: »
    In Celbridge last year in an estate near me about 10 cars in a row had their wing mirrors smashed/removed. Little ****.

happened in Riverforest in Confey the other night...my bet is its drunken louts on their way home thinking its a really funny thing to do....or else a REALLY bad driver!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

My car was burnt out this time last year in Louisa Bridge carpark, it had also had the side panel kicked in 2 weeks previously. IE were less than helpful but at least the Gardai managed to catch the little scumbags not that it did me any good as they were both under 18. Cameras are useless, nothing could be made out from the footage apparently. They only reason they were caught was that they were already known to the guards for car vandalism and they happened to pass the carpark when my car went up in flames, saw the lads running and put 2 and 2 together.

If I were you I'd make use of my experience and park somewhere else. You don't want to come back to a shell of a car someday like I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i live in oaklawn beside the carpark and its getting bad lately, the ticket machine was burst open and thousands taken, same with some of the parking machines, the lift in the station is constantly trashed, and as said cars are being damaged.walking my dog up by the bridge theres always little knackbags hangn around.they come across the field from loughnamona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

Johner wrote: »
    thats the park/grove/castletown for you.

df1985 its not only loughnamona...its that other new estate across from glen easton (cant remember the name of it but know its something it do with easton...easton park maybe?) but other the the gray family who moved out loughnamona was never too bad an estate...soon after that other estate was put in ther was horse drawn carts going around and thats when it was time to move out of glen easton!!!

also the carpark machines had been emptied on the friday and broken into over the weekend so there wasnt too much taken as not alot of people park on fridays, saturday or sunday!!! (i had rang the company on the mon to see what the story was with them) but still its the point that it happened!!! wonder if we'll get free parking from now on??? it wont cost NSBC (or whatever they are) any money to run it and im sure the initial cost is all paid off by now!!!

if not im taking to parkinf in oaklawn...my friend said i could park outside her house and im sure it would be a lot safer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

yeah but the train ticket machine was also broken during last week with a lot taken, a gang hit other stations around dublin too. the parking machines was an amateur job.

living in oaklawn i dont personally have a problem with people parking in the estate but a lot of people would have.
    just know who's house you're parking outside, dont mount grass verges wrecking them and dont block driveways (you would think thatd be a given but people do it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ca3nie

df1985 its not only loughnamona...its that other new estate across from glen easton (cant remember the name of it but know its something it do with easton...easton park maybe?) but other the the gray family who moved out loughnamona was never too bad an estate...soon after that other estate was put in ther was horse drawn carts going around and thats when it was time to move out of glen easton!!!

The horse drawn carts come form the stables in Kilmacradock being rented to young fellas form Dublin. They do not live in either Loughnamona or Easton Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There's another burnt out car now in the car park at Louisa Bridge. It's been there about 2 weeks, along with all the bits of glass around it. Irish Rail and NCPS have made no attempt at a clean up.

Also, I noticed the evidence of at least 5 recently smashed car windows on the ground. One with the rock used still beside it!

It's gone really down hill now and I'm not comfortable leaving my car there anymore. The fact that Irish Rail and NCPS couldn't be bothered doing anything only encourages the little rogues.

And we pay nearly €400/year for the privilege of parking there?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

JDxtra wrote: »
    There's another burnt out car now in the car park at Louisa Bridge. It's been there about 2 weeks, along with all the bits of glass around it. Irish Rail and NCPS have made no attempt at a clean up.

Re this car, (silver ford) it was broken into on Sun 3rd January about 6pm (if not before that), (i saw 3 tracksuit scum rummaging in it), i drove into car park and they ran up to bridge and down to canal. i reported this to Garda immediately.

Car was burnt out sometime over next couple of days, all a bit strange IMO.

I suspect owner may have left it, and NOT been too disappointed that it was destroyed, but maybe i'm just far too cynical.

However break-ins seem to be regular occurrence, also in Church car park going by amount of glass lying about.
    Are people leaving valuables in cars, or what's the attraction for thievin'
    b-tards?

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    And we pay nearly €400/year for the privilege of parking there?

and were responsible for our car and belongings when parked there!!! its just not right!!!

i have no choice but to park at the trainstation, i myself come from near straffan and by the time i get to maynooth train station in the mornings there are no parking spaces and i have to pay an extra €2 for my ticket which is €40 per month (I'm a student so its a big chunk of my salary) leixlip is the better option for me but if anything was to happen to my car i'd be lost without it and wouldn't have the money to fix it!!!

might look into gettin the train from hazelhatch and the luas down...it would drop me closer to my college!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

and were responsible for our car and belongings when parked there!!! its just not right!!!

i have no choice but to park at the trainstation, i myself come from near straffan and by the time i get to maynooth train station in the mornings there are no parking spaces and i have to pay an extra €2 for my ticket which is €40 per month (I'm a student so its a big chunk of my salary) leixlip is the better option for me but if anything was to happen to my car i'd be lost without it and wouldn't have the money to fix it!!!

might look into gettin the train from hazelhatch and the luas down...it would drop me closer to my college!!!

What time are you arriving at Maynooth that it is full?

not till about nine isnt!!! maybe its changed but when i first moved to the maynooth area there was never room...i ended up parking in the glenroyal everyday and for fear of being clamped i stopped parking there and now go to leixlip!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Update: CIE (who own the car park) have promised to improve the security at their (signage, cameras etc) and will remove the burnt out car. All in all, they seemed very thankful for the feedback.

I also spoke to the Gardai, they were aware and said - if possible, avoid the back right corner as that's where most of the incidents occur (just out of camera shot).

Advertisement