Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Roundstock wrote: »
    Hey all new here. Bought new house with this same panel installed. It was monitored by eircom up until a few months ago. I'm ok with electronics and was wondering does anybody know the panel name or have an installation manual and engineers code. I have downloaded the user manual which is pretty much useless.
    I want to change this to dial my phone and piggyback a gsm unit on it to txt other phones
    Any help appreciated

It is a classic system. There is no dialer built in for self monitoring this system.
    If you have an working external bell then you have an option to install a text or voice dialer separate to the system and just use the external bell as a trigger. If you don't have a bell then it wont be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roundstock

Thanks for the reply altor. There is only four connections at the back of the unit. I dismantled it nd no easily accessible contacts. The four connections are
    1. To Siren
    2. To RJ31x Jack
    3. Outside line
    4. To house phone
    There is no outside sounder only a dummy box but there is an internal siren. The only connections are to 1 and 2 above.
    So what do you reckon would be the easiest way to trigger a gsm dialler? How does eircom monitor this alarm if there is no dialler? Also most features can be controlled remotely from any touchtone phone.

Thanks for the reply altor. There is only four connections at the back of the unit. I dismantled it nd no easily accessible contacts. The four connections are
    1. To Siren
    2. To RJ31x Jack
    3. Outside line
    4. To house phone
    There is no outside sounder only a dummy box but there is an internal siren. The only connections are to 1 and 2 above.
    So what do you reckon would be the easiest way to trigger a gsm dialler? How does eircom monitor this alarm if there is no dialler? Also most features can be controlled remotely from any touchtone phone.

What I meant by a self monitoring dialer is it will ring your phone. The dialer to a monitoring station will get a handshake. Does not work the same to your phone. The newer systems have a built in dialer that does both self and monitoring to a monitoring station.

You could then use the internal siren to trigger the dialer as it is supplied with the 12V required to trigger an output.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roundstock

Yea that's the only way I could think of doing it too. Had to reprogram in all the sensors after dismantling it that computer voice has me near deafened. Gonna have a look on ebay for a cheap gsm module now. Thanks for your help

Yea that's the only way I could think of doing it too. Had to reprogram in all the sensors after dismantling it that computer voice has me near deafened. Gonna have a look on ebay for a cheap gsm module now. Thanks for your help

Your welcome, it is a very old system that I would not invest to heavily in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Hi Altor, I have a simon PW system. It was in the house when we bought it. It is not connected to EPW. Every saturday it throws the system phone communication failure fault. I rang eircom PW when we originally bought the house and they told me to request the alarm be put into my name and that they would send out the necessary paperwork for me to complete. It never arrived and i rang again and was told that i would have to pay to get it into my name which i wasnt willing to do. I have all the original paper work, the verbal security password required by PW and the user code for enabling/disabling the system.

Is there any way i can get it to stop attempting to dial the monitoring station without having to pay to get it done?

Many thanks

CJC999 wrote: »
    Hi Altor, I have a simon PW system. It was in the house when we bought it. It is not connected to EPW. Every saturday it throws the system phone communication failure fault. I rang eircom PW when we originally bought the house and they told me to request the alarm be put into my name and that they would send out the necessary paperwork for me to complete. It never arrived and i rang again and was told that i would have to pay to get it into my name which i wasnt willing to do. I have all the original paper work, the verbal security password required by PW and the user code for enabling/disabling the system.

Is there any way i can get it to stop attempting to dial the monitoring station without having to pay to get it done?

Many thanks

Hi CJC999,

Yes very easy to do, the reason is P.W have the system set up to test the phone line every week. Not a great way to do it in my opinion but that is the way it is set up. If any one else has there system set up like this the P.W will only know of a problem with your phone line when the test call from the system is not received. Which will be once a week :eek: Most company's will set it up for a 24 hour call. A week is a bit much.

More than happy to help you delete the number out of the system which will clear this for you, I will send you a P.M. Just so you know, this system can be set up to ring one number in the event of an alarm activation when the P.W numbers are deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 a_patch

More than happy to help you delete the number out of the system which will clear this for you, I will send you a P.M. Just so you know, this system can be set up to ring one number in the event of an alarm activation when the P.W numbers are deleted.
    Drop the lid, enter engineer code. Delete option 04 done, delete option 05 done, delete option 06 done. Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done. Add option 44, 10 done.

Hi Altor,

I'm walking through forum to find few answers, and you seems best person for it.

I'm able to change master code, and/or add/remove secondary code. Does it mean I do have engineering code? Or this is just master user code, and it is with limited access?

I'm asking, because I tried to make my alarm it work over UPC line. I was able to change option 43 and add my mobile phone number, but I couldn't delete options 04,05,06 and add 44 as alarm telling me this option is not exist.

Also when I did open panel there is two sockets. One is for RJ45 second is for RJ11. Old Eircom cable was connected to RJ45. Do you know by any chance which pins in RJ45 are responsible for analogue signal? Or should I connect it as you explained in other topics by removing wall socket and replaced it with double one? Or maybe I can just connect cable from UPC modem ph1 into RJ11 socket inside alarm panel? Based on pictures it is simon panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Hi, i am a phonewatch customer for many years, over the years have got work done the house and have called pw each time to remove sensors before works begin and then reinstall after works complete.

For the privilege I get charged €90 for labour for each visit!

I now need to reinstall a sensor on the front door along with motion sensor in the kitchen (i have these) . also need to install a new sensor on a new window (wiring in place) in house. PW have quoted €170, €90 labour and €80 for a new sensor.

Being paying 20 to 30 euro a month for over 12 years, would have expected some sort of discount.

Do I need a pw engineer to do this work or could I get any alarm installer to do the work? would it be any cheaper

pauld wrote: »
    Hi, i am a phonewatch customer for many years, over the years have got work done the house and have called pw each time to remove sensors before works begin and then reinstall after works complete.

For the privilege I get charged €90 for labour for each visit!

I now need to reinstall a sensor on the front door along with motion sensor in the kitchen (i have these) . also need to install a new sensor on a new window (wiring in place) in house. PW have quoted €170, €90 labour and €80 for a new sensor.

Being paying 20 to 30 euro a month for over 12 years, would have expected some sort of discount.

Do I need a pw engineer to do this work or could I get any alarm installer to do the work? would it be any cheaper

That is expensive. Any installer should be able to add the sensors for you. I would shop around before paying them rates on your system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Syd12

Hi, I am new to this board so I hope I am doing this right.
    I have a Simon 60-911 panel no longer subscribing to PW and I replaced system battery 2 days ago but I inadvertently disconnected the mains power as well and hence lost all my programming I think. I managed to reprogram the clock, the default master access code, my utility code, and the house code (A or B etc) but when I try to programme in the sensors from the main menu I get "Function not available" . I was hoping this would allow my panel pick up the sensors. Just wondering where do I go from here? Should I try a restore to factory settings or do I need to call an engineer? Any help greatly appreciated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Syd12 wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to this board so I hope I am doing this right.
    I have a Simon 60-911 panel no longer subscribing to PW and I replaced system battery 2 days ago but I inadvertently disconnected the mains power as well and hence lost all my programming I think. I managed to reprogram the clock, the default master access code, my utility code, and the house code (A or B etc) but when I try to programme in the sensors from the main menu I get "Function not available" . I was hoping this would allow my panel pick up the sensors. Just wondering where do I go from here? Should I try a restore to factory settings or do I need to call an engineer? Any help greatly appreciated?
    Ok . Are the sensors deleted ? Close up the panel and turn on the chime feature and open a door or window .( panel should beep twice or call out sensor name )
    Youre getting the "function not available message because when you drop down the lid you need to enter the engineer code :)
    Then press "add" then "sensor remote" then open the tamper on the sensor and the panel will beep and say "keychain remote - press sensor remote button again to change name or done to accept ". Keep pressing that button until you get the name you want then press done then the panel will say please enter sensor group .
    Entry /exit sensors group 10
    All other windows group 13
    Motions ( I think !) group 17
    Then press done and repeat .
    Also do you have and external working bell as this will need to be programmed as sensor 1 module group 36 .

Many thanks for quick reply Thunderbird2. I just tried what you suggested. The alarm looks as if it is set when i press chime but when I open a window or door which has the sensors nothing happens so I figure the sensors must be deleted. When I drop down the lid the only code I had after the power down was the default 4321 which I changed, it was called the master access code. I do not have an engineering code. Last year I added a new sensor block in and Eircom gave me their default code to do that but that code no longer works since the power down. So when I enter my new master access code and press add and press sensor remote I still get function not available. I do not have an external bell/siren connected. Is there another engineer code that I should have?

Try 54321 or 12345

Yes I tried those and a lot of other combinations but no luck I'm afraid.

Try 654321, 87654321 ,4321

Yeah I tried all of 9 to 0 and 0 to 9 but still no luck. The only code that works to get in is the master access code I programmed but I still get function not available on sensore/remote select from the menu.

Many thanks Thunderbird2. I printed out the instruction manual and then did what you suggested in your kind pm. It worked great and I am now in the process of programming the sensors and bringing the options back to where they were. Your help and expertise is much appreciated. Regards Syd12

Glad your getting it sorted !
    If you need any help just shout .
    If you have a phone line ie UPC or eircom
    Programm your number into it and the system will call you when the alarm is activated

Yes thanks I have done that and tested it and all works perfectly well. Many thanks.

• Advertisement

Just double check if you have a beam in the same room as a panel that it doesn't trip the alarm when you come in the door . Allow 3 minutes then enter

Yes that is sorted also thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gruver

Hi All, I have an eircom phonewatch GE Simon system and, similar to others, I recently changed the telephone number from the old monitoring station number to my mobile number. I'm not too sure if it worked or not as the alarm hasn't been activated since. Does anyone know the sequence that I should use to test that my mobile number is now recognised by the system? Presumably there is some way that it will ring my phone? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Could you not simply arm the alarm and wait for the exit period to expire and open a door setting it off and see what happens?

Just set the alarm and open a door or window with a sensor . Or drop the lid , enter code and press test and it will say sensor test press done or press again for phone test

Gruver wrote: »
    Hi All, I have an eircom phonewatch GE Simon system and, similar to others, I recently changed the telephone number from the old monitoring station number to my mobile number. I'm not too sure if it worked or not as the alarm hasn't been activated since. Does anyone know the sequence that I should use to test that my mobile number is now recognised by the system? Presumably there is some way that it will ring my phone? Many thanks.

Hi Gruver,

You don't put your number in where the monitoring stations numbers are. You need to delete these as if the alarm activates it will ring them before it rings you.

Drop the lid, enter engineer code.
    Delete option 04 done.
    Delete option 05 done.
    Delete option 06 done.
    Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done.
    Add option 44, 10 done.
    Add option 17, 20, done.

For option 17 some of the Simon panels need to see 3 digits, so enter:

Add option 17, 020, done.

Try the first one first then the 3 digit.

When the alarm rings your phone it will tell you the zone name that has being activated. You just need to follow the instruction it gives you. * to move on to the next event and # to hang up after listening to all events. The easiest way to test it is to activate a panic on the keypad then disarm.

Any problems, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dooley1234

Hi all
    I have a problem with my eircom phone watch. I had builders in and the shut off the power since they left my eircom phone watch is beeping 3/4 times every 20 mins and it is head wrecking during the night. Anyone know what I should do to fix it???

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Has the power been turned back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dooley1234

KoolKid wrote: »
    Has the power been turned back on?
    Yip power back on and when I press disarm and put code in it accepts as normal

• Advertisement

Dooley1234 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have a problem with my eircom phone watch. I had builders in and the shut off the power since they left my eircom phone watch is beeping 3/4 times every 20 mins and it is head wrecking during the night. Anyone know what I should do to fix it???

I would say if the power was off it is to do with the back up battery in the system. If you can post a picture of the system that would help..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement